Pages:
Author

Topic: PB Mining vs Cex Io - page 2. (Read 6180 times)

EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 07, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
It won't even ROI in 5-6 years.
Overall, forget mining. Mining is for the suckers, unless you have access to very good deals in high-end gear AND have access to dirt cheap electricity.
Instead, buy BTC at a price you like and be done with it.

It's clear that you don't know how to calculate. People who bought Ghashes 6-7 months ago (including me) already got their ROI and they make profit every second now. In Cex.io you already do your investment with Bitcoins, so "buy BTC with that amount of money" sentence is pointless. Investment are BTC, earnings are BTC, you don't have to follow BTC/USD rate.
Mining is for pros, it is important for network. If nobody mine BTC, system will fail. We keep the system working.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
jld.kr - Cryptocurrency Web Development !
April 07, 2014, 10:12:32 AM
I have 75 Ghashes on Cex.io. It gives +0.04 BTC per week, it gets ROI for 5-6 months. Also, you can always sell your Ghashes.

Plus, the maintenance fee they don't advertise on the front page is currently a completely ridiculous 19.68%. And it keeps climbing.
By now, you'll lose ~50-75% of your total investment in 5-6 months - guaranteed. If you call that "ROI" then it's back to math school.
Advice = sell and get outta there ASAP, unless you want to observe your invested net value decrease every month for some reason
(note - I assume you forgot the diff/pool hashrate increase that reduce your income every 2016 blocks solved worldwide, roughly every 10-12 days)

PBmining on the other hand could be a ponzi that could blow up any single week, since the calculations don't add up (they'd make serious losses with their longer running contracts). Add to that the bought spammers praising it with no substance whatsoever, you get the picture. Low return (at least it has potential to actually ROI) but High-risk.

Overall, forget mining. Mining is for the suckers, unless you have access to very good deals in high-end gear AND have access to dirt cheap electricity.
Instead, buy BTC at a price you like and be done with it. Saves you from taking lots of risks AND money. And you have the BTC you wanted.
if you have to (i.e. to make the learning experience), absolutely minimize your investment and take that part as a hobby.

Mining = lots of risk exposure over a long period of time, lots of unknown variables, extremely likely to lose you money (translates into taking a 1000mi detour to your destination through a dark wilderness)
Buying = minimum risk, entry point and timing (price) is your choice, done... (translates into taking a 5mi highway segment straight to your destination)
Agree. but I can't help mining myself LOL. maybe just for the hack of risking and also beauty of creating something out of nothing i guess.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
April 07, 2014, 09:58:23 AM
I have 75 Ghashes on Cex.io. It gives +0.04 BTC per week, it gets ROI for 5-6 months. Also, you can always sell your Ghashes.

Plus, the maintenance fee they don't advertise on the front page is currently a completely ridiculous 19.68%. And it keeps climbing.
By now, you'll lose ~50-75% of your total investment in 5-6 months - guaranteed. If you call that "ROI" then it's back to math school.
Advice = sell and get outta there ASAP, unless you want to observe your invested net value decrease every month for some reason
(note - I assume you forgot the diff increase that reduce your income every 2016 blocks solved worldwide, roughly every 10-12 days; additionally your contributed shares will create less and less output due to permanent pool hashrate increasing, thus reducing your percentage and reward portion of the pool's total)

PBmining on the other hand could be a ponzi that could blow up any single week, since the calculations don't add up (they'd make serious losses with their longer running contracts). Add to that the bought spammers praising it with no substance whatsoever, you get the picture. Low return (at least it has potential to actually ROI) but High-risk.

Instead, buy BTC at a price you like and be done with it. Saves you from taking lots of risks AND money. And you have the BTC you wanted.
if you have to (i.e. to make the learning experience), absolutely minimize your investment and take that part as a hobby.

Mining = lots of risk exposure over a long period of time, lots of unknown variables, extremely likely to lose you money (translates into taking a 1000mi detour to your destination through a dark wilderness)
Buying = minimum risk, entry point and timing (price) is your choice, done... (translates into taking a 5mi highway segment straight to your destination)
April 07, 2014, 05:52:41 AM
what coin does Scrypt.cc  mining ?
They claim to mine most profitable coin by switching different coins but they don't list the coins. Also option for user to choose coin to be updated later but don't know when.

I don't care what coin they mine as long as i get enough profit and so far they mine pretty good.

http://scrypt.cc
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
April 07, 2014, 04:37:24 AM
what coin does Scrypt.cc  mining ?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 06, 2014, 07:50:36 PM
Geez, netiher.  The fees will kill you. 

Try cloud mining in scrypt. 
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 06, 2014, 03:37:44 PM
Ill give you cashback on your mining if you use cex.io:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-will-pay-you-to-mine-with-cexio-557265
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
April 06, 2014, 01:30:02 PM
You can also do scrypt cloud mining, which is likely the most profitable right now. 

Scrypt.cc is the site I use.

Is that site reliable?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
April 06, 2014, 10:33:25 AM
I lost a bit over the last four months mining at cex, due to their GHs losing value over time. But, I like Cex because you get "dividends" every day you mine there and you can buy and sell your GHs any time. Yes, it's not a good place to keep huge amount of BTC in the form of GHs. The trick is to keep about one GHs and point ALL your mining rigs to their pool, ghash.io. What I do is, convert the merged mined altcoins into GHs and increase your GHs amount. I don't really care for the NameCoins, IXCoins, or DevCoins: when they reach a certain amount, they are converted into BTC and then to GHs.

Please give more details on how you can do this with CEX and you can convert your IXC or DEV into BTC or GH/s Huh

April 05, 2014, 01:57:30 PM
I do mining myself and also do cloud mining at pbmining and cex too. Running own miners are most economical but you have to deal with any issues yourself and you can't expand rig unlimited but easy to expand on cloud mining.
Only problem is that i am not sure whether cloud mining would ever meet roi...
Activity: 448
April 04, 2014, 07:30:59 PM
I DID look into PBMining and decided it was a bit too risky. Their 5-year contract is NOT a good feature for me. First, I don't want to commit to a long-term mining contract and secondly, their track record is too short. We all know your investment of 150 GHs (about 1 BTC) today will be a drop in the ocean in 5 years or less at PBMining, if they last that long.
Activity: 265
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
April 04, 2014, 07:28:14 PM
Clearly with BTC at this USD level, its a ruin to do almost anything over switching the computer on  Grin
I love cloud mining because power costs and Murphy-ridden failures are zero. No burned cards, no misconfigured miners, no DDOsed pools. And that is soooo good.
Activity: 448
April 04, 2014, 07:21:57 PM
I lost a bit over the last four months mining at cex, due to their GHs losing value over time. But, I like Cex because you get "dividends" every day you mine there and you can buy and sell your GHs any time. Yes, it's not a good place to keep huge amount of BTC in the form of GHs. The trick is to keep about one GHs and point ALL your mining rigs to their pool, ghash.io. What I do is, convert the merged mined altcoins into GHs and increase your GHs amount. I don't really care for the NameCoins, IXCoins, or DevCoins: when they reach a certain amount, they are converted into BTC and then to GHs.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
April 04, 2014, 06:45:27 PM
also PB mining YOU CAN NOT SELL YOUR GH/S , It's a 5 year contract.. Cex does not have contracts. Meaning you can sell back your gh/s, and PB Mining only pays out once a week (Sundays I believe) cex will payout any time you are over .001 btc

Icon
Activity: 40
April 03, 2014, 03:57:32 PM
Leaning toward cex, mostly because of reliability
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 03, 2014, 10:59:17 AM
April 03, 2014, 03:39:37 AM
Yesterday i heard pbmining stopped selling its hashing power.
Activity: 13
April 03, 2014, 12:21:13 AM
PBmining is cheaper per gh/s. ( Current Rate: 0.007 BTC / GHs )
Cex you can resell/trade later on. ( Current Rate: 0.01153994 BTC / GHs )
April 02, 2014, 08:18:49 PM
You can also do scrypt cloud mining, which is likely the most profitable right now. 

Scrypt.cc is the site I use.
Activity: 200
April 02, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
With CEX you can resell your GHS, with PBMINING no. I am running a test of cloud mining solutions here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=539862.40
Pages:
Jump to: