Pages:
Author

Topic: PCGS now grading Casascius coins? - page 2. (Read 499 times)

copper member
Activity: 77
Merit: 2
Long bitcoin
June 22, 2022, 12:17:09 AM
I sent 6 coins to them in Feb. I still haven't received them back, moving very slow.

Steeley

Oh,4 months,that's too slow.
copper member
Activity: 77
Merit: 2
Long bitcoin
June 22, 2022, 12:14:47 AM
I sent 6 coins to them in Feb. I still haven't received them back, moving very slow.

Steeley

I'm curious, do you trust when they are high value coins?  I have a couple but I haven't had the courage to send them

Might be worth calling them and asking if in-person drop off/pick-up are available
From what I know most/all of them also offer 1/same day grading for this purpose.
ANACS and ICG both offer walk in service if you let them know before hand.

Hi,MJ

which one do you think is a better choice for grading cryptocurrency coins,the PCGS,ANACS or ICG.
it is really problem for the shipping,especially the international shipping,there are still some risk to be considered.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
June 21, 2022, 08:42:02 PM

Steeley

I'm curious, do you trust when they are high value coins?  I have a couple but I haven't had the courage to send them

Might be worth calling them and asking if in-person drop off/pick-up are available
From what I know most/all of them also offer 1/same day grading for this purpose.
ANACS and ICG both offer walk in service if you let them know before hand.
Activity: 426
Merit: 27
June 21, 2022, 08:38:23 PM

Steeley

Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
June 21, 2022, 08:30:13 PM

Steeley
copper member
Activity: 531
Merit: 212
June 21, 2022, 06:24:34 PM
Welcome to the forum cherry.

Cheers!

PCGS is doing all the grading for stacks bowers.

So to get a cas coin graded by PCGS, you must auction it off through stacks bowers?

No, you may submit coins directly to PCGS. You need to sign up for a membership on their website, complete an online form, print out the completed forms, mail the coin(s) to them... and, voila!

https://www.pcgs.com/

copper member
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 21, 2022, 06:19:17 PM

Cheers!

PCGS is doing all the grading for stacks bowers.

So to get a cas coin graded by PCGS, you must auction it off through stacks bowers?
copper member
Activity: 940
Merit: 417
Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment
June 21, 2022, 05:42:35 PM

PCGS is doing all the grading for stacks bowers. The auction you linked was from april. The most recent auction was earlier this month.
copper member
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 21, 2022, 05:34:49 PM
Stacksbowers.com recently had another auction with a number of loaded Casascius coins.

All were graded by PCGS.

There's no announcement on pcgs.com that they are now grading Casascius coins. Curious if grading is open to the public or if this grading was limited to a private collection for the auction.
Pages:
Jump to: