Pages:
Author

Topic: PCIE Expansion boards for GPU Mining! UPDATED W/ PRICES - page 2. (Read 6576 times)

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

This version is particularly interesting, as you see they actually space the cards out for GPU, with two on the top and two mounted to the bottom.  Pretty cool, I'd actually considered something similar... The only thing that's lame is the ATX power supply - if you're scaling to something like this, you'll probably be using server PSU as their quality is much higher and cost is much lower.  All of my 6x card systems use server PSU - so apart from that, I think it's a cool idea.

The fact you need to get a quote makes me think that the price is not going to be that affordable for mining...  If you get some pricing, post it up on here.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
well, by my calculations (which could always be waaaay off lol):
16 cards * 6 slots = 96 cards  (on a PRO BTC)
96 cards * 170 watts/card = 16,320 watts  (assuming gigabyte 270x windforce, my kill-o-watt reads 150-170)
So, minimum you would need 16 * 1100 watt PSU's plus a small 250-300 watt PSU to run the PRO-BTC board.

Lmao I wonder if the windows AMD driver modder program can handle 96 cards LMFAO
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018
Hello Bitcointalk members!
I came across something I found rather neat today in my random google searching lol. I was wondering if anyone here has seen/used one of these pcie expansion boards, if they work well, and what the limit may be for one Mboard. I realize that each one would need its own PSU, but thats really not a problem as I have already daisy-chained 2 and 3 in rigs, and assume more would simply work the same way.

http://amfeltec.com/products/pcie-expansion-backplane/ <----------

Or... even crazier, they claim using 4 of these you can have 16 GPU's running from ONE PCIE SLOT!!!! imagine on a h81 PRO BTC!

http://amfeltec.com/products/gpu-oriented-cluster/

Not sure if I can buy such in my country though but that should be quite neat than having multiple PCs but would it still be effective or same result to mine like ETH?
Was also planing to try Mining ETH lately as i just discover my electricity bill is lesser than the regular consumer.

I guess adding PSU for each will still increase electricity consumption. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
Hello Bitcointalk members!
I came across something I found rather neat today in my random google searching lol. I was wondering if anyone here has seen/used one of these pcie expansion boards, if they work well, and what the limit may be for one Mboard. I realize that each one would need its own PSU, but thats really not a problem as I have already daisy-chained 2 and 3 in rigs, and assume more would simply work the same way.

http://amfeltec.com/products/pcie-expansion-backplane/

<--- expansion backplate

Or... even crazier, they claim using 4 of these (link provided below) you can have 16 GPU's running from ONE PCIE SLOT!!!! imagine on a h81 PRO BTC!

http://amfeltec.com/products/gpu-oriented-cluster/

UPDATE
Ok, so I contacted the company for some details, and was suuuper sad with the reply. AMPH was the closest with predictions as to what it could ACTUALLY handle.

heres some snippets of the email:

Thank you for your interest in our products.
Please note the general purpose motherboard will not support more than 6-8 GPUs. This is the motherboard/BIOS limitation.
You can use the server type dual CPU motherboard like SuperMicro X9DRX+-F for supporting up to 12 GPUs.

Quotation (Prices in USD)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKU                                  Item                                                   Qty           Unit Price        

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKU-076-01    PCI Express Expansion backplane                           1        $ 498.56 USD

[x1 PCIe Host board, 5ft cable]

SKU-076-02    PCI Express Expansion backplane                           1        $ 512.08 USD

[x1 PCIe Host board, 10ft cable]

----------------------------------------------------

SKU-078-11     GPU-oriented PCIe Cluster (5ft cable)                    1        $ 453.73 USD

[1 Clusters (up to 4 GPU) + 1 channel Host board]

Stock.

For 10ft cable for SKU-078-xx please add $12.75 USD per Cluster.
Pages:
Jump to: