Pages:
Author

Topic: Peeple: The App From Hell? - page 2. (Read 2764 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
October 06, 2015, 04:45:09 PM
Just signed... only 60 more to go "peeple"!! Wink
The problem isn't gathering people to sign it. I'm pretty sure if we all shared it around within our social networks (whoever has one) that a higher number could be reached. The question is will Google and Apple listen?

The problem is, even if the petition is seen, will it matter? Or will Apple and Google ignore it because they'll make lots of money.
What is the success rate of such polls?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
October 05, 2015, 09:02:32 PM

They only need 77 75 more people to sign. I think that's the fastest I've seen a petition fill up in my life. Smiley

Just signed... only 60 more to go "peeple"!! Wink
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 05, 2015, 08:24:49 PM

They only need 77 75 more people to sign. I think that's the fastest I've seen a petition fill up in my life. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
October 05, 2015, 02:21:44 PM
People get so torn up when the stuff they do on the internet, behind the safety of a computer screen, is suddenly in the public spotlight. If the internet is public, why shouldn't people be subject to the consequences of the public viewing of their pictures or statements?

This app could have a very good effect,

1. It could result in a cleansing of the crap that people post on the internet.

2. It could result in people being NICER to each other on the internet, for fear that if they're an asshole they'll be called out for it.

There's a consequence to everything, at a minimum this app helps people understand that point. And at a minimum I think that's a good thing.

I agree with you: this apps has only minimums, zero maximums...

Cool

October 05, 2015, 09:59:16 AM
People get so torn up when the stuff they do on the internet, behind the safety of a computer screen, is suddenly in the public spotlight. If the internet is public, why shouldn't people be subject to the consequences of the public viewing of their pictures or statements?

There's a consequence to everything, at a minimum this app helps people understand that point. And at a minimum I think that's a good thing.
So tell me what happens to teenage girls or boys that are depressed or something when someone starts a witch hunt against them? I'm pretty sure that as with every network there will be fake profiles and they enable one to be flamed by many users. This app is just calling for trouble.

If people don't like what they app does they should decide not to use it.
The problem is that someone else can create your profile.

Some people don't understand what would happen in schools, no matter how much someone would choose to ignore a horrible profile for themselves that they did not create, people in school will bring it up, constantly. They will be teased about it, nonstop. Someone could say this one girl was a "Slut" name of names of people she's supposedly slept with, and it would follow her around. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, teens will believe anything, or if you say the lie through enough people, enough times, people will believe it.

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” - Adolf Hitler

The worst people in school know this. That's why there are always rumors in high school. This is just amplifying their voice 100 times.

This app will lead to deaths. I signed the petition yesterday too. It's almost to the goal and was only created a few days ago. The problem is, even if the petition is seen, will it matter? Or will Apple and Google ignore it because they'll make lots of money.

Because if someone hates their profile, you know what they may end up doing? Getting sucked into it, themselves, and focus on trying to clean it up. Whatever ads there are or price of the app will be paid more by people annoyed or distraught trying to "fix" things than the ones just having fun with people's lives. Yes it can be a money maker, but it's blood money.

I think the maker of the app knows what she's doing and will literally burn in hell for this.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 05, 2015, 04:04:15 AM

Thank you - I signed.

This is will eventually (sooner rather than later) lead to suicides, especially among the vulnerable youth.
legendary
Terminated.
October 05, 2015, 02:37:53 AM

So tell me what happens to teenage girls or boys that are depressed or something when someone starts a witch hunt against them? I'm pretty sure that as with every network there will be fake profiles and they enable one to be flamed by many users. This app is just calling for trouble.

The problem is that someone else can create your profile.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 05, 2015, 01:44:22 AM

There's nothing stopping the public from putting a profile about the app's developer or CEO on their app to leave all of the constructive feedback for...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
October 05, 2015, 01:41:33 AM

1. It could result in a cleansing of the crap that people post on the internet.

2. It could result in people being NICER to each other on the internet, for fear that if they're an asshole they'll be called out for it.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
October 04, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
God damn, I hope this never comes out!
legendary
Terminated.
October 04, 2015, 03:33:20 PM
I don't even know what to say anymore. It seems like most of the society is becoming addicted to likes, tweets and other nonsense from social networking. Here's the quote from my profile and it is very fitting:
The users will just give everyone 5 stars and write horrible things in the comments, and it will slide by without getting reviewed.
I don't just think this is a bad idea. I know it is.
I concur.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
October 04, 2015, 02:55:17 PM
good thing i havent got a phone
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
October 04, 2015, 02:47:53 PM
October 04, 2015, 09:50:33 AM
Wouldn't you be safe as long as you just don't install the application?

I don't think that part would matter.  If they really wanted to piss everyone off and gain more traction (I think this is what they actually would want to do) I think if you aren't in the system already they would just make a new review and put your name on it which then they will make you apart of the system; whether you want to be on there or not.  This way, if/when you find out you are on there, it will make you want to get the app and dispute the bad claim or possibly just see what the person said.

But yeah, this is going to be bad... I can feel it.

Exactly. I cannot see anyone having made this app having good intentions. They seem to have "sold their soul" to get money. Make an app that teens, and tweens need to use because of peer pressure and the usual amount of "popular" people who will want to rate their friends to be on top, and then rag on the others, leading to the others to commit suicide or fall into depression.

This shouldn't be allowed. I'm against banning things, I believe in no censorship, except when it hurts someone. A profile for a person should not be able to be created without their consent. Period.

But that's obviously the point of this app from hell.

Yes. Facebook is good enough if you want to participate in it. How would the system know all those 5 stars reviews are saying how of a bad, evil human you are. It would not. They say a bad review won't be posted. Then people will post only 5 stars reviews, with bad comments in it. For adults it is pretty bad. For teens, female teens, it will be hell.

Yeah, I saw that. Everyone will just post 5 stars to get the crap posted. I think I heard or read here (I forget) that the company has one whole YEAR to deal with complaints too. As if that would help any of the tweens/teens. A week in HS can feel like a year in hell depending on what's going on with the school population.

They also said that any review (negitive) 2 stars or less have to be reviewed by the poster and the reviewee.  They have 24 hours to battle it out and then it gets posted if they cant settle. 

Like I said in a previous post.  I think this app might be a bad idea and I can see teen suicide rate increasing over this.

The users will just give everyone 5 stars and write horrible things in the comments, and it will slide by without getting reviewed.

I don't just think this is a bad idea. I know it is.
Activity: 168
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 04, 2015, 09:48:48 AM

I don't think that part would matter.  If they really wanted to piss everyone off and gain more traction (I think this is what they actually would want to do) I think if you aren't in the system already they would just make a new review and put your name on it which then they will make you apart of the system; whether you want to be on there or not.  This way, if/when you find out you are on there, it will make you want to get the app and dispute the bad claim or possibly just see what the person said.

Exactly. I cannot see anyone having made this app having good intentions. They seem to have "sold their soul" to get money. Make an app that teens, and tweens need to use because of peer pressure and the usual amount of "popular" people who will want to rate their friends to be on top, and then rag on the others, leading to the others to commit suicide or fall into depression.

This shouldn't be allowed. I'm against banning things, I believe in no censorship, except when it hurts someone. A profile for a person should not be able to be created without their consent. Period.

Yes. Facebook is good enough if you want to participate in it. How would the system know all those 5 stars reviews are saying how of a bad, evil human you are. It would not. They say a bad review won't be posted. Then people will post only 5 stars reviews, with bad comments in it. For adults it is pretty bad. For teens, female teens, it will be hell.

Yeah, I saw that. Everyone will just post 5 stars to get the crap posted. I think I heard or read here (I forget) that the company has one whole YEAR to deal with complaints too. As if that would help any of the tweens/teens. A week in HS can feel like a year in hell depending on what's going on with the school population.

They also said that any review (negitive) 2 stars or less have to be reviewed by the poster and the reviewee.  They have 24 hours to battle it out and then it gets posted if they cant settle. 

Like I said in a previous post.  I think this app might be a bad idea and I can see teen suicide rate increasing over this.
October 03, 2015, 11:41:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
October 03, 2015, 11:21:33 AM

I don't think that part would matter.  If they really wanted to piss everyone off and gain more traction (I think this is what they actually would want to do) I think if you aren't in the system already they would just make a new review and put your name on it which then they will make you apart of the system; whether you want to be on there or not.  This way, if/when you find out you are on there, it will make you want to get the app and dispute the bad claim or possibly just see what the person said.

Activity: 168
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 03, 2015, 10:31:16 AM

I don't think that part would matter.  If they really wanted to piss everyone off and gain more traction (I think this is what they actually would want to do) I think if you aren't in the system already they would just make a new review and put your name on it which then they will make you apart of the system; whether you want to be on there or not.  This way, if/when you find out you are on there, it will make you want to get the app and dispute the bad claim or possibly just see what the person said.

Wonder how this app will go over with all the anti bully groups?  I am sure there will be some suicides over it.  Somewhere sometime anyways.
October 03, 2015, 10:21:46 AM

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
October 03, 2015, 02:06:31 AM

Pages:
Jump to: