Pages:
Author

Topic: "People of color", actually aren't. - page 2. (Read 2379 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
January 29, 2015, 11:03:30 AM
The whole concept of race and racism is utterly moronic, speaking as an artist who is actually having to study skin tones etc. I can assure you 'white' people are not white and 'black' people are not black. Never mind the fact that single culturilism is dead and if you actually did DNA tests on all the people ranting about race constantly I guarantee you that 'white' people are going to have some variation of DNA in them that isn't what they think and the same goes for 'blacks' that hate anybody who isn't them.

Oh, just so we're clear, whites are actually extremely pale shades of pink or orange etc. and 'blacks' are extremely dark shades of brown.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/glade/HD_Glamour_0_5_color_chart.jpg

so what colour are asians ? Cheesy

pwned

warm beige sounds like  the colour of something that needs flushed tbh ......Smiley
legendary
January 29, 2015, 11:02:04 AM
What strikes me is that the discussion is that Benedict said 'coloured' when he meant 'black', but he addressed the white dominance in brittish film, but not all minorities that are dominated by the white movie industrie are black, why should people be offended when called coloured when being called black is ok?

Actually, people who consider themselves to be politically correct will argue that people with black skin are African American not 'black'. I don't agree, since clearly not all people with black skin are from America or Africa. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. There are far too many SJW in internet land.

I don't identify people by their color normally, but if I were to trying identify one white guy amongst a group of "colored people" I would most likely say, "the white guy". Naturally if he were among other white people I'd try to find some other unique attribute and call him carrot top or neckbeard or "the dude in the pink shirt" instead. lol

Interestingly enough, I have never used or even heard anyone else use the term 'yellow guy' when referring to an Asian fellow or 'red man' when talking about a Native American Indian. Only recently have I heard 'brown' being used to identify East Indians, but usually it's been by other Indians.

Anyway, I don't see any harm in using colors to identify people (whose ethnicity eludes you) as long as you remain respectful.

chinese are yellow like  dehydrated urine ......Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 29, 2015, 10:58:45 AM
The whole concept of race and racism is utterly moronic, speaking as an artist who is actually having to study skin tones etc. I can assure you 'white' people are not white and 'black' people are not black. Never mind the fact that single culturilism is dead and if you actually did DNA tests on all the people ranting about race constantly I guarantee you that 'white' people are going to have some variation of DNA in them that isn't what they think and the same goes for 'blacks' that hate anybody who isn't them.

Oh, just so we're clear, whites are actually extremely pale shades of pink or orange etc. and 'blacks' are extremely dark shades of brown.

pwned
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
January 29, 2015, 10:34:34 AM
What strikes me is that the discussion is that Benedict said 'coloured' when he meant 'black', but he addressed the white dominance in brittish film, but not all minorities that are dominated by the white movie industrie are black, why should people be offended when called coloured when being called black is ok?

Actually, people who consider themselves to be politically correct will argue that people with black skin are African American not 'black'. I don't agree, since clearly not all people with black skin are from America or Africa. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. There are far too many SJW in internet land.

I don't identify people by their color normally, but if I were to trying identify one white guy amongst a group of "colored people" I would most likely say, "the white guy". Naturally if he were among other white people I'd try to find some other unique attribute and call him carrot top or neckbeard or "the dude in the pink shirt" instead. lol

Interestingly enough, I have never used or even heard anyone else use the term 'yellow guy' when referring to an Asian fellow or 'red man' when talking about a Native American Indian. Only recently have I heard 'brown' being used to identify East Indians, but usually it's been by other Indians.

Anyway, I don't see any harm in using colors to identify people (whose ethnicity eludes you) as long as you remain respectful.
legendary
January 29, 2015, 08:59:17 AM

legendary
Activity: 1540
January 29, 2015, 08:54:57 AM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
January 29, 2015, 08:36:38 AM
legendary
January 29, 2015, 07:38:44 AM
are you trying to say chinese people are not yellow ?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
January 29, 2015, 07:37:23 AM
white is the default starting point, the rest is coloured in, here is a picture to help you understand

Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
January 29, 2015, 01:12:05 AM
It's not my intention to offend anyone or start a race war, but the recent Cumberbatch incident raises an interesting philosophical question.

Typically "people of color" refers to people with black skin, but why is this? Aren't brown, red and yellow colors too? Black is actually the absence of color, while white is the presence of all colors. If so, then the term "people of color" is really most accurately applicable to white people and/or pretty much everyone except for black people. Perhaps it's time we corrected this historical mistake and started calling black people 'non-colored' and everyone else 'colored'. This would actually be a terrible idea, since it would once again ostracize black people.

Anyway, I wasn't actually going anywhere with this. Just food for thought.
Pages:
Jump to: