Pages:
Author

Topic: People Overthink Potential of Bitcoin - page 6. (Read 943 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 08, 2022, 08:57:11 AM
Bitcoin is more against the banks and central banks then against the governments or corporations.
It's more about having more financial control and freedom to do things with your money and do it in different ways.
It's about making sure that you don't have to worry about what other people are doing with their currency since nobody or group can control BTC

-Dave   
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
February 08, 2022, 08:41:12 AM
bitcoin does not ever pretend to replace a government fiat.
instead it offers a separate choice.

EG im in the UK. the pound is going nowhere.. but i can earn a living via dollar, euro, bitcoin
the more choices the better.

for centuries. UK elitists have hedged against the pound by using gold or indian currency,
for decades UK elitists have hedged against the pound by using the swiss franc or the US virgin islands dollar

now normal people can have a choice too. hoard wealth in bitcoin without having to set up shell companies or off shore trusts
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
February 08, 2022, 08:39:54 AM
I agree that I read a lot of stuff on here that actually makes me cringe. People thinking that Bitcoin will solve all of the worlds problems is simply just not the case. Maybe the most annoying one for me is people thinking that bitcoin replaces or will replace the financial industry, which is just simply not even remotely going to ever be the case.
Activity: 512
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
February 08, 2022, 08:29:24 AM
This is just a straight to the truth post. Anyways since we are all fans of the Bitcoin thing. It is true it does offer economic benefit to many. However. Some of the ideas Bitcoin can bring forth will never be true.
People think that Bitcoin will free them from governments and corporations. This is not true at all. Will never happen. Governments and companies have had control or a say in all money systems since the beginning of time. Look at the  Roman Empire and the use of metals for currency.

In general at the end of the day someone has to be in charge. It is impossible and not feasible to let the people lead themselves. Too many ideas and different thoughts conflict with one another. That would cause a clash of conflict to happen. Some people want order and others can believe everything should be a "Free for all"
Going free for all does not work, to function without any rules or order is not good thing. At same time running with too many rules and order not good thing as well.

At end of the day someone has to be in charge.  Keep in mind you yourself in your own home have rules, That makes  "you" a government. like it or not. Can you function your home without rules for others?? think on that one, rules are needed to maintain order?

More less Bitcoin will not get rid of any rules of leadership. You are going to have to have leadership at some point or another. With rules that some will like, some will tolerate and some will not like. Impossible to run a society without rules.

I am not trying to dismiss Bitcoin, But sometimes people have to wake up to the truth.

The ones who are telling you to rid of the government are people who wish to control you. Look at the Trucker convoys going on. The terrorists who stormed the US government last year. are people who have criminal pasts, do not like rules and are really in truth looking to control everyone else in the end. in which their ideas could be more strict and worse then what is already in place.

So be careful what you listen to. Thoughts on this.
Pages:
Jump to: