Pages:
Author

Topic: People wonder why I don't take their advice. - page 2. (Read 2076 times)

edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
The divorce rate has never been higher. Single-female parenthood is at an all-time high as well.

You know good people who know how to get along in the world, edd. From the groups I've visited and people I met, a good portion of first-world society is having it really rough.

The reasons -- I'll discuss at a better time. It seems my original post insulted half the forum, heh.

I'm not saying the people I know are all successful, happy, and in fulfilling relationships. You just posted a list of some very specific characteristics and I was pointing out that it does not apply, as a whole (or even a significant portion of it), to anyone I know.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
The divorce rate has never been higher. Single-female parenthood is at an all-time high as well.

You know good people who know how to get along in the world, edd. From the groups I've visited and people I met, a good portion of first-world society is having it really rough.

The reasons -- I'll discuss at a better time. It seems my original post insulted half the forum, heh.
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Let me sum up the average man's life for you:

>man goes to college
>man works his ass off
>man gets middle class job that he finds boring as sin
>man gets married
>man gets three kids and a dog
>man eventually pays off his massive student loan debt by working nights and weekends.
>man gains 50 lbs
>man's wife loses interest in him
>man loses wife, kids, and house in one year
>man drinks himself to death wondering what he did wrong

Why the hell should I listen to the status quo when it's usually ending up like this? Fuck listening to society. Fuck listening to your elders. Fuck the status quo.

I think you may be working under some false assumptions based on television and movie portrayals of "the working man."

I'll be 40 next year and I don't know a single person that fits the above description.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I can't imagine anyone single under the age of 25 spending more than 30 minutes a day on the computer. How long does it take to email someone about a date? Life is too short.

This is a weird opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
I can't imagine anyone single under the age of 25 spending more than 30 minutes a day on the computer. How long does it take to email someone about a date? Life is too short.

I'm guessing you also imagine people under the age of 25 having cars and disposable incomes?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!
lets sum up your life:
>been born into to a alcoholic family.
>annoys everyone, and thinks you are a much more important then everyone else.
>can not hold on to an identity for more then a few mouths(atlas or what you are called).
>thinks you are gonna change the world, by messing with the authoritys.
>being shot dead at the age of 20, because you did some political terrorism, like Breivik or Merah.
>or commits suicide, because the world sucks.

have a happy life.
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!
That's no way to talk about your Dad.
+1
legendary
Activity: 1218
That's no way to talk about your Dad.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
Let me sum up the average man's life for you:

>man goes to college
>man works his ass off
>man gets middle class job that he finds boring as sin
>man gets married
>man gets three kids and a dog
>man eventually pays off his massive student loan debt by working nights and weekends.
>man gains 50 lbs
>man's wife loses interest in him
>man loses wife, kids, and house in one year
>man drinks himself to death wondering what he did wrong

Why the hell should I listen to the status quo when it's usually ending up like this? Fuck listening to society. Fuck listening to your elders. Fuck the status quo.
Pages:
Jump to: