Pages:
Author

Topic: Permanent portfolio: When you can't afford to lose money - page 2. (Read 222 times)

Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
Agree, money we can't afford to lose may be invested in more known coins (For me ether, litecoin would be better for safety than bitcoin).
Invest money you can afford to lose in ICO's, less known coins which you think has the potential of massive use and rise.
But main idea is here how much time we can to hold it so psichologycal aspect plays more important role here too with luck of course.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
These are good thoughts. I think they are mostly applicable to people who have some experience though. Investing in a market that can be essentially the same as gambling day to day for newbies who might just pull out if they see it decrease in value overnight means that until they're "ready", they should invest only what they can afford to lose. They're gonna make mistakes - even the pros do. But, for someone a bit more confident and understanding of the system, I hands down agree with you.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
   I just finished with reading this article:
-https://www.investmentu.com/article/detail/28526/harry-browne-permanent-portfolio#.WvCtVJeZG00

"Dividing investment money into two categories:
-Money you cannot afford to lose.
-Money you can afford to lose.

This Harry Browne talks about traditional economy. He made me think about it and I replaced
that traditional with crypto-currencies. Money younot afford to lose should go to main coin`s,
with money you can afford to lose you can risk a bit more.

"Once each year, you rebalance the portfolio. If any part of the portfolio has dropped to less than 15%
or grown to over 35% of the total, then you reset all four segments to 25%."

This is something I didn`t try, but I see the point. In article he explains:
   "Because this asset allocation is diversified, the entire portfolio performs well under most circumstances."
Can we claim the same for crypto-currencies? My opinion is yes.

Great article, I hope after reading it you will think the same. Some people already know`s a lot about this
kind of strategies, but as someone new I am still learning about many thing`s.

My current portfolio is:
-60% in real-estates
-10% in banks and precious metals
-30% in crypto-currencies

Do you have any suggestions, comments or proposals how portfolio should look. What would be
a winning combination for the future?
Pages:
Jump to: