Pages:
Author

Topic: Personal finance advice / ideas needed - page 3. (Read 2012 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I know this forum has some bright minds here, so I thought I would ask here.

I realized I have not been very good with my own finances. All my money is simply being kept in banks, which I am sure everyone agrees, is not the smartest idea. Sadly I did not have bright parents to enlighten me on how to manage  finances, so I simply went along through life, lived bellow my means and tried to save some.

Now I realized I want to change it. I don't want cash just sitting there in the bank, when I am sure there are better things to convert it to.

So far I have come up with a very narrow list only:

- Buy property to rent? (management overhead, not sure I want to get involved in the renting business I don't really understand that well)
- Saving accounts  (expecting more than 2 % of interest these days is stretching it..)
- bitcoins: already bought more than I am comfortable with (invested 8 % of my all savings)
- stock market ? Maybe, but I was looking and looking even into the "blue chip" companies and to really say that "yes, this is better than simply holding cash", is kinda hard, seeing them underperform etc.

How would you convert theoretical 100 000 euros to feel more secure about your financial future ?

Pages:
Jump to: