Pages:
Author

Topic: Petition: disable "Banned from displaying..." signature and leave it blank - page 3. (Read 1084 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
They just have to learn how to ignore does type of replies or make use of the ignore button if they noticed same reply from a particular user and they feel offended by those comments. You can't stop people from acting childish, Irrespective of whether you're wearing a signature, not wearing one or wearing the sig banned message, if trolls or whatever they call themselves wants to attack you they'll.

The sig banned message is passing a loud message to who ever sees it (on their profile). You commit plagiarism, you get punished so I don't support the idea of removing it.
Activity: 25
Merit: 8
If someone had a 1+ year of straight good posting history to get a pass, why not just leave the signature blocked with a blank space? I would say it's not too motivating to post while people bully you around and make witty remarks about you being a fraud because you did something wrong 5 years ago. Way to disincentive good posters from posting for the duration of the ban. They will probably leave until the ban is gone not because they don't want to post but because you are carrying that sign which can be used by people to attack you instead of addressing the post (typical in discussions in which someone doesn't agree with you and just use something else that isn't part of the point, like a grammar mistake or physical defect etc...). Just leave it blank IMO... otherwise as I said, I predict the people that get a pass aren't going to bother with participating on the forum.

Edit: I didn't realize that the signature is not shown on every post, so there's nothing to discuss here anymore. I still believe people should be given second chances, specially when the mistakes were made ages ago and currently some of the banned people were better posters than people currently being on highly respected campaigns such as chipmixer.
Pages:
Jump to: