Pages:
Author

Topic: Petition for btc-e to add MEGACOIN [MΣC] - page 9. (Read 20491 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
September 26, 2013, 05:15:34 AM
NO! Don't ever add this coin the exchange, please.

**Turns around and executes buy of 10,000 MEC**

I understand getting MEC on an exchange gives it more visibility which in all likelyhood = more value but I for one am enjoying these rock bottom prices so I don't care when it goes up.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
September 26, 2013, 04:14:43 AM
voting again really like this coin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2013, 12:35:27 AM

I've just downloaded the client.
Talk about eye candy.

Glad you like it, more people around the world are learning about MEC each day.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
September 25, 2013, 07:07:24 PM

Anyways don't get your hopes up guys. Megacoin is not going to make it to btc-e in the near future.

I wouldn't be so sure. Before the end of the year, when the market cap is over $1,000,000 USD, I'd be surprised if they didn't add it (or at least announce plans to add it.) They just need it to break away from the pack -- there is a lot more money shifting around at BTC-E than you think and they're looking for currencies with higher market caps for a number of reasons.

Yes, MEGACOIN could be added to btc-e. Just look at its market cap and how fast value is added.

Talk about eye candy.

Smiley Yeah, it's wonderful. It also has the best site/ and it's the best for mining. Point a rig (if you have one) to check it out! It's worth it!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer
September 25, 2013, 06:56:47 PM
Anyways don't get your hopes up guys. Megacoin is not going to make it to btc-e in the near future.

I wouldn't be so sure. Before the end of the year, when the market cap is over $1,000,000 USD, I'd be surprised if they didn't add it (or at least announce plans to add it.) They just need it to break away from the pack -- there is a lot more money shifting around at BTC-E than you think and they're looking for currencies with higher market caps for a number of reasons.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 25, 2013, 06:48:37 PM
Talk about eye candy.
September 25, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
Now I have nothing against Primecoin...but it's a popular coin among people who cannot afford the GPUs/etc required to efficiently mine Scrypt. It has a following of people that chose it primarily based on their own financial limitations. The frustration comes into play when the people that obsess over Primecoin lack the ability to put anything into perspective. Their supporters are some of the most frustrating to argue with...as Primecoin can almost be likened to a religion at this point (and you know what it's like to argue about religion.) They're out on our porch shouting out scripture and rejecting any ideas (or even facts) that don't align with their beliefs. Primecoin does not have a fact-based following.

Primecoin is far more innovative.

What makes Primecoin so innovative? Because of the "prime numbers" gimmick? You could write an algorithm to "discover" every prime number Primecoin has found thus far in a few minutes on designated hardware. I'm not really sure this particular "innovation" is what everybody (or anybody) is truly looking for in a crypto currency -- it's just a way to convince naive people that it's dual-purpose and revolutionary. Being different doesn't necessarily make anything better -- in fact, it often makes it worse.

Sunny wins hands down in my opinion.

I will admit he wins in some ways. He has managed to convince a number of people that Primecoin is groundbreaking because it "discovers" prime numbers -- that's a pretty impressive feat on it's own, in my opinion. He also wins because it is designed to be GPU-resistant for the masses while he has likely been sitting back and GPU mining Primecoin from the start. If he's such an amazing dev, why wouldn't he develop a GPU miner for himself before releasing the currency? Basically, he is currently winning at marketing and deception.

but lets keep things in perspective.

Yes, let's.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
September 25, 2013, 05:08:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King. Laughable.

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Ok, I will bite. Pray do tell how Kimoto has "set the bar"?

Kimoto Gravity Well

nuff said

The gravity well is good work, but it really was just fixing something that should not have been so bad in the first place. A good difficulty algorithm is nothing new, fyi. That "bar" was already set by others.

Again, a dev such as Sunny King has done far more so far than Kimoto and Primecoin is far more innovative. I like MEC and am interested to see what Kimoto does in the future, but lets keep things in perspective. If you are focused on innovation and a dev setting the bar for others, Sunny wins hands down in my opinion.

Innovation?    

Pleeeeease.....  How many other Bitcoin based, Scrypt coins do you know of? The Kimoto Gravity Well is quite unique in that it does set the standard for difficulty response. The new difficulty algorithm equals absolutely fair mining, and no advantage to Multi-pool vultures who for the most part are too spastic to consider MΣC's long term value.
Thanks for selling off all the easy ones!  Wink

Hmm, I guess you just never know about Kimoto... Maybe he was pulling our leg about Zerocoin.  Roll Eyes  Other coins with equally innovative credentials? wallets? Web sites? Bigger long term plans, more rapid development, ongoing projects?

But hey, don't take my word for anything. Place your bets, and let's all compare notes a year from today...

Megacoin is the equivalent of a Formula 1 car running against the Pinewood Derby.  Grin      V12AMG 9/25/13

Coinmarketcap.com

10    Megacoin   $ 222,556  $ 0.012   18,352,250 MEC
legendary
September 25, 2013, 05:03:03 PM
Should we start a donation for BTC-E? Is that the only and best way to tell them to accept it?

Does anyone know how FTC was added?

I don't see why FTC is there and not MEC.

At this point simply because FTC has a bigger following, and a higher market cap. That will change over the next year.  Roll Eyes
legendary
September 25, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
Should we start a donation for BTC-E? Is that the only and best way to tell them to accept it?

Does anyone know how FTC was added?

I don't see why FTC is there and not MEC.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 25, 2013, 02:35:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King. Laughable.

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Kimoto Gravity Well

nuff said

The gravity well is good work, but it really was just fixing something that should not have been so bad in the first place. A good difficulty algorithm is nothing new, fyi. That "bar" was already set by others.

Again, a dev such as Sunny King has done far more so far than Kimoto and Primecoin is far more innovative. I like MEC and am interested to see what Kimoto does in the future, but lets keep things in perspective. If you are focused on innovation and a dev setting the bar for others, Sunny wins hands down in my opinion.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
September 25, 2013, 02:02:25 PM

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Kimoto Gravity Well

nuff said
September 25, 2013, 01:43:17 PM

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Date Registered: September 24, 2013
September 25, 2013, 09:48:15 AM

legendary
September 25, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Yep +1.

Would also add
-russian translated website in process,
but I am thinking of opening up donations for this so we can smash it out faster.

Just curoius
Would a google translate link work for translations or is this not viable.

PROMT is a good English/Russian translator.
legendary
September 25, 2013, 09:02:23 AM

legendary
September 25, 2013, 08:53:49 AM
I wouldn't like to see MEC on BTC-e, but that's only because I'm not into scam coins.

This is a coin where 21 million coins are to be released over the first 5 months and then another 21 million over the next two decades.

Try getting on Gox too you cronies.

I suppose you think Litecoin was a scam too?   Geez, what a dork!
September 25, 2013, 06:22:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King.

MEC should get added but I think it is not next in line.
legendary
September 25, 2013, 04:48:37 AM
By 'investors' you mean 'miners' and by 'risk' you mean 'electricity'.

Correct -- miners that have invested thousands of dollars into equipment and spent thousands more on electricity mining Megacoin (my power bill last month was just over $1500 USD...and I almost exclusively mined Megacoin last month.) Also, investors that have purchased Megacoins on the exchanges. I bought Bitcoins with US Dollars and used those Bitcoins to buy Megacoins. Both of these are pretty much the definition of investing -- whether directly or indirectly. If you wouldn't define this as risk, it's my opinion that you don't understand the definition. It's a lot lower risk to join the party late and start getting involved once success is certain (or virtually certain.)

The bottom line is that anybody that was there at the start in the altcoin world typically had an advantage. Over 21,000,000 Litecoins have already been mined and a huge chunk of those were mined when the difficulty was < 10. Maybe they weren't concentrated into as short of a period of time...but to people just getting into altcoins now what's the difference? Megacoin had a fair announcement and the Megacoins that have been mined are distributed among thousands of people. People are continuing to mine at a rate higher than ever despite the block-reward:difficulty ratio bouncing around all-time lows (obviously the value helps here.) I believe early investors deserve a lot of the credit for the success of a coin and help to build a strong community -- the people that come in later are a lot less involved. It's just like investing in a company -- the early investors typically get bigger percentages for less money...and as the company grows in size and valuation later investors get smaller percentages for their contributions. This is pretty typical and, in all honesty, just makes sense. The earlier you get involved, the more risk you are taking. It's also an advantage to have more coins to work with for creating products and services because a lot of the earlier investors are more motivated individuals.

Look at Bitcoins -- there was a time when you could mine a block of 50 Bitcoins in a few minutes with a single GPU. Now, It would take a decent-sized GPU farm weeks (or even months) to mine 50 bitcoins. Obviously there is new hardware out...but what's the difference? Even if Megacoins aren't as well distributed as Bitcoins are right now, they easily could be via trading, shops, services, etc. It's not all about mining.

Basically, I think your logic is a bit flawed here. There is a reason block rewards for most coins are reduced at set intervals -- it's economics. It's obviously important to keep people mining and keep the network stable...but the Megacoin reward reduction could be likened to most investments more accurately than Bitcoins. Not saying one is better than the other...but the only thing that's obviously is they are different.

Scam coins are coins where the dev just copies another currency, changes the name and a few values, and bails as soon as they can dump it on the exchange. Megacoin has an excellent developer who has turned out some pretty impressive work...and has some ambitious plans that I believe he will follow-through on. He hasn't let us down yet...and that's a rare find. This community is strong...and the value has steadily risen ever since the difficulty formula was adjusted.

I don't think there's a better investment out there...and I think it's the perfect coin to be added to the BTC-E family. They would attract a lot of new investors and Megacoin would simultaneously increase exposure and value overnight. I know I'd be trading back at BTC-E -- the traders there tend to be a lot more professional than at Cryptsy...and it's a lot closer to being a true exchange. They're restrictive over there...but I think it would breath some new life into things for them. Megacoin is truly the only reasonable candidate.

Couldn't agree more. We can use tweeter to notify the BTC-E admin for this petition, or send him msg in trollbox/pm. What do you think/
September 25, 2013, 04:19:24 AM
By 'investors' you mean 'miners' and by 'risk' you mean 'electricity'.

Correct -- miners that have invested thousands of dollars into equipment and spent thousands more on electricity mining Megacoin (my power bill last month was just over $1500 USD...and I almost exclusively mined Megacoin last month.) Also, investors that have purchased Megacoins on the exchanges. I bought Bitcoins with US Dollars and used those Bitcoins to buy Megacoins. Both of these are pretty much the definition of investing -- whether directly or indirectly. If you wouldn't define this as risk, it's my opinion that you don't understand the definition. It's a lot lower risk to join the party late and start getting involved once success is certain (or virtually certain.)

The bottom line is that anybody that was there at the start in the altcoin world typically had an advantage. Over 21,000,000 Litecoins have already been mined and a huge chunk of those were mined when the difficulty was < 10. Maybe they weren't concentrated into as short of a period of time...but to people just getting into altcoins now what's the difference? Megacoin had a fair announcement and the Megacoins that have been mined are distributed among thousands of people. People are continuing to mine at a rate higher than ever despite the block-reward:difficulty ratio bouncing around all-time lows (obviously the value helps here.) I believe early investors deserve a lot of the credit for the success of a coin and help to build a strong community -- the people that come in later are a lot less involved. It's just like investing in a company -- the early investors typically get bigger percentages for less money...and as the company grows in size and valuation later investors get smaller percentages for their contributions. This is pretty typical and, in all honesty, just makes sense. The earlier you get involved, the more risk you are taking. It's also an advantage to have more coins to work with for creating products and services because a lot of the earlier investors are more motivated individuals.

Look at Bitcoins -- there was a time when you could mine a block of 50 Bitcoins in a few minutes with a single GPU. Now, It would take a decent-sized GPU farm weeks (or even months) to mine 50 bitcoins. Obviously there is new hardware out...but what's the difference? Even if Megacoins aren't as well distributed as Bitcoins are right now, they easily could be via trading, shops, services, etc. It's not all about mining.

Basically, I think your logic is a bit flawed here. There is a reason block rewards for most coins are reduced at set intervals -- it's economics. It's obviously important to keep people mining and keep the network stable...but the Megacoin reward reduction could be likened to most investments more accurately than Bitcoins. Not saying one is better than the other...but the only thing that's obviously is they are different.

Scam coins are coins where the dev just copies another currency, changes the name and a few values, and bails as soon as they can dump it on the exchange. Megacoin has an excellent developer who has turned out some pretty impressive work...and has some ambitious plans that I believe he will follow-through on. He hasn't let us down yet...and that's a rare find. This community is strong...and the value has steadily risen ever since the difficulty formula was adjusted.

I don't think there's a better investment out there...and I think it's the perfect coin to be added to the BTC-E family. They would attract a lot of new investors and Megacoin would simultaneously increase exposure and value overnight. I know I'd be trading back at BTC-E -- the traders there tend to be a lot more professional than at Cryptsy...and it's a lot closer to being a true exchange. They're restrictive over there...but I think it would breath some new life into things for them. Megacoin is truly the only reasonable candidate.

Pages:
Jump to: