Pages:
Author

Topic: Petition To Request Mtgox Not Add Altcoins - page 3. (Read 4249 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Do they even know about the lag? They seem to be proceeding with all these other projects, while neglecting the underlying fact: if mtgox doesn't work as an exchange, then it doesn't matter if i can access it on my phone, or if i can buy Trollcoin there.

The other exchanges must be preying that they do this.

I'm kind of hoping that they do, if only to quicken their demise and get a better run exchange to market leader.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
yes, please don't
don't confused people + fix all the many current problems!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Signed.

I am all for alt-coins (let the free market sort the winner), but mtgox should get their shit together first.

Their trading engine is bad there's no other way to say it. Real world exchanges routinely process billions of trades per minutes.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Yup, gox needs to get its shit together first.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
agreed, mtgox needs to get a handle on btc first before considering other options.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Signed.

Let the LTC crash !
legendary
Activity: 1311
BTC-E is doing like 4M a day in trades of litecoin, I don't think your petition is going to stop mtgox from making hundreds of thousands of dollars a day extra. Any CEO should be fired if they deny those profits because someone on some forums thinks its a bad idea.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Signed.
k99
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Manfred Karrer
signed as well.
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
Signed.

And I'm a supporter of litecoin but think Mt Gox has enough on its plate right now, just as the OP said.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
signed
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
I'm sure Mtgox is doing their best, but they seem to be a bit over their head right now given Bitcoin's explosion and the resulting hacks,DDoS, lags, confirmation queues that they have had to deal with. As if all that wasn't enough, and they didn't provide enough systematic risk to Bitcoin's ultimate fate, they now want to add some altcoins to the exchange.

What we need at this point is some stability and order, and Mtgox for some reason is about unleash some more chaos into the system through a bunch of untested, unrecognized, and highly fringe altcoins that most without a stake in the matter believe to be non-beneficial to the general acceptance of cryptocurrencies at this point.

Maybe if enough of us voice our displeasure at this poorly timed decision by Gox, they might perhaps delay introducing altcoins to a time when the system, infrastructure, and general acceptability of cyrptocurrencies is more in order.

Write 'signed' if you agree that now is not the best time for Mtgox to introduce such a feature.
Pages:
Jump to: