Pages:
Author

Topic: Philippines will drop as a Country, Economy on its worst! - page 6. (Read 787 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 1
how will you react if you're one of us staying on the same country...
If you have any money left then start buying gold or cryptos because the value of fiat is going to get a big hit if the economy falls rapidly.And try to create your own job opportunities don't wait for the government to do it for you which will be really helpful with tacking the unemployment.

But this is not only the issue of Philippines, almost every developing and developed country are into that situation.
That's right. Need to become strategic on how to earn and survive from this worst situation. If you will not find a way to survive, you will die if you just rely on the limited relief goods from the government. I don't think the number of positive will lessen if the government continue to open every area in the country and all economic sector just to try that economy wont't collapes totally.
Activity: 742
Merit: 160
It seems like the flaws of the Philippine government have shown up at this time of crisis because more likely there are lots of complains that the citizens are throwing towards the government regarding their governance and management on how the plans and actions are being executed to resolve the problem with regards to the continuous increase on the total number of infected individuals in the country.

Philippines is not just the only country facing this scenario because almost all countries have been into this situation because admit it or not, the government is really having a hard time to manage and implement precautionary measures to lessen the number of covid-19 infected individuals. The problem is that Philippines with regards to land mass is small and being occupied by lots of individuals making the spread of virus to come really fast. The problem in here which I can see is that the government and the people is lacking coordination which makes the situation got even worst.

Although it is said that the economy is somehow starting to recover because business establishments are now back into operation and at the same time people are getting back to work, still the reality that the country is facing a big debt not just from this administration is already enough to say that the country's economy is still struggling to pay the debts and that is one of those complains that the people are voicing out aside from the slow response of the government amid with the existence of the pandemic.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom

If you have any money left then start buying gold or cryptos because the value of fiat is going to get a big hit if the economy falls rapidly.
If I'm one of those people who are struggling right now, I don't want to buy any assets right now. Right now, it is a survival game where people need to survive in order for them to live another day. This isn't a good advice TBH because people right now needs cash and not assets like gold and cryptos.

we can't do anything if we don't have money that is why it is always important to save some money on the form of savings before making any investments.If we don't have any money then it is going to be hard for sure, our life style will take a huge leap due to pandemic post economic crisis it may hurts but that't the reality.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The reason why governments who are populist and become the ruler due to populist stuff (or any other brute force would work here as well) not being able to run a country properly is the fact that they need to stay in power, they can't afford democracy or equal rights because if they do not have the power people could topple them very easily, which means they have to use the finance of the nation to keep their own power, and when they do that the country doesn't get better and when the country is in danger and doing bad even on a regular day, that means on a period like pandemic they will of course be hit 10x more than other nations.

There are plenty of examples for nations like these, Philippines is not the only one, I can name at least 20 countries like this for sure, the biggest example being USA.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
here's a list:

people cant get out.
there is no ABS CBN anymore.
and we can't watch FPJ ang probinsyano anymore. i hate Philippines i wanna go to bohol.  Grin

People can't get out. I don't know where you live but even though there are a lot of cases, people can still get out because the government are already allowing some establishments to continue. Another thing is there is still a Kapamilya channel and I can still watch FPJ and and Showtime (not for long though) . This just shows how you are just taken by those people saying its gone but it isnt.

Lastly, it will affect the economy since thousands are affected by the closure of this network still, it is not that bad. If you will ask me why it is worst then it is because of the high cases we have.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
what can you say about our situation for being the worst and also as the leading country on ASEAN that has a high  number of Covid Cases.

Honestly, people in the Philippines are disorganize and stubborn when it comes to the rules and regulations about this pandemic and they don't even follow those simple protocols of social distancing and wearing of face masks. Even those government officials who violated the rules didn't receive any punishments, that's how broken the government here.

It's been months already and yet, jnstead of recoveries we are getting most of it, and our economy is already falling. Or in other words, how will you react if you're one of us staying on the same country...

Most of the countries are experiencing economic crisis but it depends on the government on how it will make the downward movement stop.

PH government should allocate the proper budget on the medical sector and agricultural sector.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
What's making it worse is that the government is showing a lack of competence in giving its best in fighting the virus. And the people are getting aggressive with that, they often go outside to rally which is more threatening to the health of everyone. I can't blame them for that because only those who are at the bottom will feel the struggle. The lack of financial and health assistance, no jobs for those who need it, no concrete plan for the whole economy, and increasing debt. Even the president is looking like he's depending on China. He mentioned that he talked with the Chinese President asking if they could send help to the Philippines once the vaccine is created. Of course, it's not their job to prioritize other countries.

It's not only the president's job, it's the whole government. But I guess this pandemic is a wake-up call for our generation to vote wisely during the election because this kind of issue is not a joke and we need to feel the assurance that they are doing their best for their people.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
We have the worst Government in this time of Pandemic, It's not all about the President but the Government as a whole.

I agree with you, is not only the President who are irresponsible, but also those Secretaries of each departments especially in the health sector. Their plans are not that effective and realistic, they are blaming its people in the continuous increase of new cases but its citizens are going outside are dying due to famine and not on the Covid-19 virus.

With all due respect, how did you say that the PH economy is falling? PH economy, the same as in other countries, is slowly recovering now even bit by bit.

No, it is not the same like other country, we really have the worst economy during this pandemic. Our country has many debt in other world organizations and countries, the budget for its people are not that allocated properly because of corrupt politicians that's why people can't have the financial assistance that they should have.

Help ourself. We don't need to rely on the government. There are opportunities everywhere.

Don't rely on the government?
The reason why they are in their positions is because the people trusted them to do their duty and lessen the suffering of the everyone and make a better country.

But what can we do?
We have no choice but to seize those opportunities everywhere just to survive even if our life is at risk and those government officials are safe inside their houses.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
(I am a Filipino citizen)

We have the worst Government in this time of Pandemic, It's not all about the President but the Government as a whole.

what can you say about our situation for being the worst and also as the leading country on ASEAN that has a high  number of Covid Cases. It's been months already and yet, jnstead of recoveries we are getting most of it, and our economy is already falling. Or in other words, how will you react if you're one of us staying on the same country...

It's really crazy and I am not going to try to sugarcoat it because I am not living in the Philippines other than what is being reported in the news but you are there and you know where it hurts. The real issue is that most countries were not prepared for this kind of hit and the reason why some countries are still standing in the scheme of things is that they have developed enough to the extent of having an absorber for things like this but they are still taking the hit.

What can you do? I doubt if there is anything any individual can do other than take everyday at a time because these are trying times for everyone. This too shall pass is all we can hold for.

No government has been prepared for this pandemic but what good thing is the aids are released to the local LGU's but expect the delays since that is the system of centralized government where the money intended for help came across to the many hands of greedy peoples, And also the citizen itself add the problem since if all follow the health and safety protocols for sure the timeline of lock down will be shorten. I know poverty really hit to the people badly when pandemic came but we should not rely on governments since we can do something beneficial for us to assist things and earn money during this times.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
(I am a Filipino citizen)

what can you say about our situation for being the worst and also as the leading country on ASEAN that has a high  number of Covid Cases. It's been months already and yet, jnstead of recoveries we are getting most of it, and our economy is already falling. Or in other words, how will you react if you're one of us staying on the same country...

It's really crazy and I am not going to try to sugarcoat it because I am not living in the Philippines other than what is being reported in the news but you are there and you know where it hurts. The real issue is that most countries were not prepared for this kind of hit and the reason why some countries are still standing in the scheme of things is that they have developed enough to the extent of having an absorber for things like this but they are still taking the hit.

What can you do? I doubt if there is anything any individual can do other than take everyday at a time because these are trying times for everyone. This too shall pass is all we can hold for.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
-
If you are the people and you do not have capabilities in economic and government matters, you should not have to think about what the government should do, in order to avoid stress. All you can do is try to survive while still helping people around you to get through this situation together.

Yep, it might somehow help to avoid stress. But sometimes you can't help but to raise your concern about their poor management towards the problem at hand, considering that -- first, you're paying tax, and second one, you're a citizen under them. And, one more thing, you never know, your oppositions, someday might turn out to be the catalyst to see some positive adjustments from them.

But try to see the whole scenario so that you can picture out how worse the situation is and you cannot tell the government miss handle things since so far they already provide help to the citizens, Maybe there are some LGU's are not doing there job that's why there are people doesn't reached by the help provided by the national government. Criticizing is good if those concern is valid but if you are raising that concern because you are basing on the news provided by bias medias and other leftist group then you are not helping the situation hence you are a additional problem to the government.

We should follow the simple protocol since by staying at home and wearing mask as well other PPE it could save lives and economy.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
~
I just saw a picture in social media and it came from one of the Spain's doctors praising the response of our government towards the pandemic so... yeah Cheesy.

In every situation, I always see the positive and negative side of it. In this case I will share my opinions in both sides.

Our country is a developing country and considered overpopulated too. Most of the cases right now came from Metro Manila which has around 18 Million People and the population density in that place is very high because of the low area and high number of people that is why the virus can easily spread in Metro. This is the problem right now of the government. Include also the fact that people are too hard-headed and don't want to follow the protocols.

On the other hand if I will see a good thing that the government has done towards the pandemic, I think it will be the stimulus package and the SAP (Social Amelioration Program) but still it isn't enough. There are some instances too that some of the councilors and the chairmen are not giving the correct amount towards those people in need.

In my opinion, not only our country's economy is falling but every country in the world. Its just that developing countries are the ones who got hit very hard. With the current situation right now, I think that I will not react at all to what is happening right now.

The only thing that I didn't like about the response of the government is that when there is already cases in the country last 3-4 months ago, the president just didn't make a move towards the tourism and let some Chinese Shits to enter the country instead of immediately banning the travel in China. This is the only thing that I didn't like about the response of the government in this pandemic but overall, I think they did a good job and even though we have a different president right now, I know that the same thing will happen. People will suffer from hunger, people will succumb from the virus and more people will be jobless.

The problem right now isn't in the government itself but the people in general. People aren't following the protocols. People are just going outside like there is no pandemic.

If you have any money left then start buying gold or cryptos because the value of fiat is going to get a big hit if the economy falls rapidly.
If I'm one of those people who are struggling right now, I don't want to buy any assets right now. Right now, it is a survival game where people need to survive in order for them to live another day. This isn't a good advice TBH because people right now needs cash and not assets like gold and cryptos.

The Philippine government as of the moment have already debt reaching almost 10 trillion pesos or accumulated to be 200 million USD which is said to be used for the response this pandemic but the citizens seems not to be feeling where does the fund get into?
Just a little trivia. The 6 Trillion of the total 10 Trillion pesos debt of the government right now came from the past governments so in short, only around 2-4 Trillion is the total debt by the current government. Its just that the media shits are just saying that 10 Trillion is the debt of the government whereas the 6 Trillion is the debt of the past government being passed to the present government.

And this debt are being used as aids to different people that are in need.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
-
If you are the people and you do not have capabilities in economic and government matters, you should not have to think about what the government should do, in order to avoid stress. All you can do is try to survive while still helping people around you to get through this situation together.

Yep, it might somehow help to avoid stress. But sometimes you can't help but to raise your concern about their poor management towards the problem at hand, considering that -- first, you're paying tax, and second one, you're a citizen under them. And, one more thing, you never know, your oppositions, someday might turn out to be the catalyst to see some positive adjustments from them.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
We already knew how COVID-19 is dangerous in early January, and as you can see, some countries already prevented the huge cases by performing a travel ban. It is obvious that sacrificing a few days is better than sacrificing a lot of months that will be resulted into waste
If only our Government has thick ball during the first day to impose travel ban, then we would not suffer heavily with this pandemic. Its not only the government's fault but our community has lack of discipline. During locked down, you can still see people lurking even its not allowed to stroll, ignoring the deadly virus to easily contract people.

Anyway what done is done. Infairness, somehow some business have started to progress but of course there is sacrifice needed in order to stay of the game, unfortunately the consequence beared by poor filipinos. Infairness werent that worst but not that good either. Its just matter of handling the worst scenario. Read this, [1]

[1] https://rappler.com/business/coronavirus-drives-philippines-toward-recession-duterte-4th-year-ends

other countries actually allow people travel but forcing them to go home to their respective home town before locking down is implemented. vietnam did this.

our government did the opposite. but this is probably one hard thing to do because Philippines is archipelago. the government can;t provide money right away for the people who wants to go home because it has to be decided by officials first and officials can vote NO as always.

to blame, its really the kind of government we have and this is why it need constitution change (cha-cha).
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
CoinPoker.com
We already knew how COVID-19 is dangerous in early January, and as you can see, some countries already prevented the huge cases by performing a travel ban. It is obvious that sacrificing a few days is better than sacrificing a lot of months that will be resulted into waste
If only our Government has thick ball during the first day to impose travel ban, then we would not suffer heavily with this pandemic. Its not only the government's fault but our community has lack of discipline. During locked down, you can still see people lurking even its not allowed to stroll, ignoring the deadly virus to easily contract people.

Anyway what done is done. Infairness, somehow some business have started to progress but of course there is sacrifice needed in order to stay of the game, unfortunately the consequence beared by poor filipinos. Infairness werent that worst but not that good either. Its just matter of handling the worst scenario. Read this, [1]

[1] https://rappler.com/business/coronavirus-drives-philippines-toward-recession-duterte-4th-year-ends

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
How can you say that the Phillipines has the worst economy?

Haven't you seen how the United States is getting hit worse than anywhere else? They're on a second wave already and will probably have a third and fourth after it.

Even European countries like Spain and Italy are getting smashed. Every economy is crumbling right now, except the ones that were adequately prepared for this, like China, South Korea and Singapore.

Care to list why you think Phillipines is doing the worst?

here's a list:

people cant get out.
there is no ABS CBN anymore.
and we can't watch FPJ ang probinsyano anymore. i hate Philippines i wanna go to bohol.  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 260
How can you say that the Phillipines has the worst economy?

Haven't you seen how the United States is getting hit worse than anywhere else? They're on a second wave already and will probably have a third and fourth after it.

Even European countries like Spain and Italy are getting smashed. Every economy is crumbling right now, except the ones that were adequately prepared for this, like China, South Korea and Singapore.

Care to list why you think Phillipines is doing the worst?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
The effects of the epidemic are the same not only in the Philippines...
yeah, it is. the only difference is the Government who handles it all. I'm pretty sure some Countries already made a wise decisions for their people, but look at us, day by day it gets worse, worsen by people of the government ho only thinks shitty suggestions without considering the out comes.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
The structure of the Philippine economy is manufacturing, the economy is supported by domestic consumption and stable macroeconomic conditions thanks to tax reform policies and large infrastructure spending. The high growth of the Philippine economy is more caused by capital inflows from abroad (capital inflow). This is what plays an important role in encouraging investment in the country. The amount of Philippine capital inflow is caused by qualified and certified Filipino migrant workers compared to other ASEAN countries, especially in health workers and construction workers.

The pandemic hit all the countries in ASEAN but some countries such as Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia were very controlled because they had been well prepared because they had confronted directly and suffered from the bird flu pandemic. Certainly, after this corona pandemic ends and due to the massive and massive effects of suffering and damage, each country will have the ability to detect pandemics early and make better preparations, even though no one hopes for a pandemic to come again.

Like Indonesia, the Philippine government has begun to open up economy and tourism with the covid protocol, with the aim of fending off the potential for depression. Many people around the world feel hopeless, wherever their country, I think all experienced a decline in the economy evenly, even Vietnam although the case is small but Vietnam as a trade hub with China and America also experienced the same thing.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
I don't know, I can't make a clear conclusion on my mind right now because I'm having a hard time considering the stance of our government as well as the voice of the opposition. Both of them got good points to be honest, they are right in their own ways however I think this will never help our country — it actually makes the situation even worse. There's no unity Undecided.

I remembered a statement from a frontliner regarding this issue (I found it on FB post AFAIR), "Buhay muna, bago politika". Direct to the point! This is the thing we must all realized.

what can you say about our situation for being the worst and also as the leading country on ASEAN that has a high  number of Covid Cases.
Philippines numbawan! (and it s*cks) Undecided.
Pages:
Jump to: