Pages:
Author

Topic: Philosophical or Analogy Question - Crypto to Internet - page 2. (Read 188 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Internet is a fundamental technology, it forever changed human communication. It allowed everyone to access tons of information for free, instantly and effortlessly. It connected people across the globe.

Crypto isn't as revolutionary. It allows you transact money without middleman, so you can have full control over your money and better privacy. But most people don't care about those things, so they don't rush to start using crypto. They already have access to online payments, and the inconveniences of using crypto are not worth it for them.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
I have a philosophical or analogy question as it relates to the starting/adapting of the internet and crypto in general.

Looking back, generally, in the mid 1980s 'geeks' and early adaptors were into the internet.  The general public might have heard about it they did not use it, nor did they know the implications of it to change commerce and society.  It was not easy for them to access - needed a home computer and internet access.
At that time there were many there were many companies and technologies starting, many of which we can see in hindsight did not survive.  There were also many people pumping and dumping the stocks of those companies.

I can see similarities now with the mid 1980s.   But, now the public is just beginning to get involved with the easy access to exchanges like Robinhood and Coinbase.  Also, ETFs are starting outside the USA and applications submitted in the USA.  And, the pumping of some crypto is there too.

Am I correct with my thinking?  Crypto is about to take off?  Are we in the mid 1980s phase or are we in the mid 1990s or late 1990s. 

I currently have 8% of my invested assets in crypto.
BCH
BTC
ETH
Atom

Thanks in advance for your perspective.

Pages:
Jump to: