Pages:
Author

Topic: Phishing e-mail - page 2. (Read 334 times)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
July 12, 2020, 12:15:10 PM
Check your messages, it could be a message from another member that tries to phish you.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
July 12, 2020, 11:56:55 AM
I guess i am poor when it comes to checking my e-mail regularly and that is why I am seeing these mails late. I check my mailbox today and I found these two messages dated way back. Take a look at it.

Bitcoin Forum <[email protected]>
Thu, Feb 6, 9:25 AM
to Ddaveond

Dear Ddaveond,

Your Bitcoin Forum (bitcointalk.org) email address was just changed from [email protected] to [email protected] by IP address 41.190.2.13. If you did not do this, then you can visit the following link within 14 days in order to lock the account:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=seclock;u=2798762;t=1751009958;o=RGRhdmVvbmRAZ21haWwEwf29t;n=TWFsZUBnbWFpbC5jb20%3D;c=YFZ%2FIz5cf2mZvQ4N%2FI27Z4LpF%2BoNry8voAsKIq3pxkc%3D

Note that you will NOT be asked for your password at that URL.

Regards,
The Bitcoin Forum Team

Bitcoin Forum <[email protected]>
Feb 6, 2020, 10:11 AM
 to Ddaveond

Dear Daoleon,

Your Bitcoin Forum (bitcointalk.org) email address was just changed from [email protected] to [email protected] by IP address 197.210.46.98. If you did not do this, then you can visit the following link within 14 days in order to lock the account:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=seclock;u=2756123;t=1581065781;o=RGRhdmVvbmRAZ21haWwuY29t;n=ZW9uZEBnKHGFpbC5jb20%3D;c=rDUhm3bNgavzNMs8RXTmnfNd0hxlECWUafCd3tCbBNE%3D

Note that you will NOT be asked for your password at that URL.

Regards,
The Bitcoin Forum Team

The time difference between the two is just about 41 minutes. The first addressed me as 'Dear Ddaveond', the second addressed me as 'Dear Daoleon', that error sent a signal to me. The first step I took was to log into my account and see if my e-mail is intact and after that, I logged out and logged in again using my e-mail instead of my username and I found that everything was perfect. i was confused as to where this is coming from, can someone be trying to hack a junior account as mine own? Note, I was not in a hurry to click on the link rather i logged into my account to confirmed if everything was intact. Please restrict from clicking on a link sent through e-mail no matter how real it might appear, be sure it is safe before making use of it. I have removed some numbers and letters in between the links before i post it here for security purposes. I don't want to believe that this is from the forum.
Pages:
Jump to: