Pages:
Author

Topic: Phising attempt - page 2. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 256
October 18, 2017, 06:58:35 AM
Thanks for the warning. To be safe, never access myetherwallet from clicking on any url. It is better to access by bookmark. Stay safe everyone.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
October 18, 2017, 06:51:12 AM
Yes it happens often, he sends us very many emails. He claims to be the bounty manager we follow and asks us to open our wallet.
The web interface is very similar to myetherwallet.
For the original myetherwallet, it has a writing like this "MYETHERWALLET LLC (US)" and the writing is green.
For now we must be careful, do not ever put your private key carelessly.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
October 18, 2017, 05:41:54 AM
I got an email this morning, asking me to log in with my seed to my ether wallet. Allegedly, if I didn´t, I would be using the old Ether Blockchain and that´s horrible and blah, blah..

Just spreading the word of caution.

This kind of phishing scams are very common these days. They just find a leaked mailing list and mass email everyone. As I always preach, double check the URL and check for an SSL certificate on top. Fishy links never have SSL and just by giving it a look you will be able to figure it out.
Also, you can't find an option to input your mew address when viewing your wallet in a phishing site. My advice, you just use your address everytime you view your wallet and you have to be used to it. By the time you came on a phishing site, then you can easily detect it since the "view with address only" option is not there.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
October 18, 2017, 05:35:26 AM
Thank you PO, but like the 13abyknight said this scam is all over. I even deleted my slack because I couldn't take it anymore. Everyday the channels were getting messages from these scam artists. The Crypto space is full of people who just want to take and take...
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
October 18, 2017, 05:32:03 AM
I got an email this morning, asking me to log in with my seed to my ether wallet. Allegedly, if I didn´t, I would be using the old Ether Blockchain and that´s horrible and blah, blah..

This kind of phishing scams are very common these days. They just find a leaked mailing list and mass email everyone. As I always preach, double check the URL and check for an SSL certificate on top. Fishy links never have SSL and just by giving it a look you will be able to figure it out.
Activity: 16
Merit: 3
October 18, 2017, 04:55:59 AM

Pages:
Jump to: