Pages:
Author

Topic: Phoenix Coin - page 2. (Read 2198 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 6086
Meh.
March 24, 2017, 10:56:01 AM

Can somebody here please tell me how to determine whether a coin is loaded or not? Is there going to be an engraved address or QR in the coin?
It will have the first 8 digits of the address on so you can verify it that way.

Definitely a nice design.
A number of points to consider though.
If you're going for funded coins, then lower denominations may be more popular.
Having been said, given recent events, it may be more advisable to go with DIY coins unless you're prepared to somehow provide full transparency of your operations.

What he said.  Just my own opinion a loaded 1btc coin right now might be a hard sell even with a full description of your operation which is also a tough sell now too.  Good luck either way

Sure well these will be 5 troy OZ. There will be some smaller ones 0.1 BTC. Do you  think that is high still?

Is there a block explorer that still checks for the first bits?

Blockr.io works afaik
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
March 24, 2017, 10:54:45 AM

Can somebody here please tell me how to determine whether a coin is loaded or not? Is there going to be an engraved address or QR in the coin?
It will have the first 8 digits of the address on so you can verify it that way.

Having been said, given recent events, it may be more advisable to go with DIY coins unless you're prepared to somehow provide full transparency of your operations.

What he said.  Just my own opinion a loaded 1btc coin right now might be a hard sell even with a full description of your operation which is also a tough sell now too.  Good luck either way

Sure well these will be 5 troy OZ. There will be some smaller ones 0.1 BTC. Do you  think that is high still?

Is there a block explorer that still checks for the first bits?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 6086
Meh.
March 24, 2017, 09:45:50 AM
I'd strongly advise you to make them unloaded, you can still engrave the firstbits or whatever and give them a denomination.

Reason for this is that a lot of members of the community have seen the harsh reality of loaded coins recently. We are now down to a handful of manufacturers that can be trusted (and who knows, more scandals might occur.)

So that would be my recommendation, I think you'd find it easier to deal with everything going that route too.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
March 24, 2017, 09:00:46 AM

0.1BTC is a good denomination in my mind. Not too much and not too little.
Alternative you could leave the coin without any denomination and let users choose to fund it with as much as they please although having a uniform denomination would be nice.
Activity: 113
Merit: 11
March 24, 2017, 08:52:38 AM

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
March 24, 2017, 08:25:28 AM
legendary
March 24, 2017, 08:19:58 AM

What he said.  Just my own opinion a loaded 1btc coin right now might be a hard sell even with a full description of your operation which is also a tough sell now too.  Good luck either way
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
March 24, 2017, 08:11:19 AM
March 24, 2017, 08:09:40 AM
I like the idea behind the phoenix.  Are these going to be loaded or unloaded?

Thanks they will be loaded if have a bitcoin address on. Unloaded if the have the word 'SAMPLE' in the window in the hologram.

Not funded = no private keys basically.
legendary
March 24, 2017, 07:50:45 AM
I like the idea behind the phoenix.  Are these going to be loaded or unloaded?
March 24, 2017, 07:26:18 AM
Here is a rough sketch of a Phoenix coin:

I have chosen a few of my best so would like to know your opinions before I put some serious time into it.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: