Pages:
Author

Topic: Phoenix Technologies - Another ASIC pre-order scam? - page 2. (Read 5561 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This site has now been banned from Coinbase. Folks, it is important to know that if you see a likely-scam using coinbase as the payment processor the way to deal with it is to submit a support request detailing the reasons why it appears to be a scam. That's how I got this place and xtrememiners removed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
seems legit

Activity: 364
The shipping prices even on the small units are incredible!!

Scam or just plain stupid

I vote: Stupid scam.  Cheesy
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
The shipping prices even on the small units are incredible!!

Scam or just plain stupid
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
BTC for a better world
Super dodgy scam.  Well picked up guys!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Johnny Bitcoinseed
Look at their refund policy, and I quote directly from their website:

"All sales are refundable only if we fail to deliver. That means if we do not ship any machine at all."

There it is.  You'll get a machine of some sort.  That is the only guarantee.

And, you guessed it, they only accept bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 602
was on reddit- reported as scam - someone actually paid them
Nice detective work!

I love how we as a community can work together to help determine the validity of these new offerings & scams mixed in with one another.
Activity: 572
I'm calling this out as a scam as well. No useful info or pictures, no names or phone numbers.

I checked the shop directory of the building the are supposed to be in and guess what? There not listed

http://www.taiyauplaza.com/en/shop_directory/shop_all.html

http://bitcoinminingcenter.com/

Nice looking site. Great prices: 250GH/s for $749 in mid-November? However, I'm seeing red flags:

- No SSL certification.

- No info on people behind the alleged project.

- Who are these guys? If they've been working on this for 3 years, like they claim, then they should be proud to tell us who they are & how they've helped the BTC community and ASIC development.  Give us your LinkedIn Profile links or the Asian equivalent.

- Only payment method is irreversible BTC payment (which is common for these deals but at least we know who exactly are the people behind the company for HF, CT, BM, etc. etc.)

- No Miner Protection Plan or other protection for late delivery

Caveat emptor. They could be legit but it looks like yet another attempt to fool people out of their Bitcoin.

I'd love for the developers to come on here & prove me wrong, just like Giorgio did with Bitmine. Until then: I wouldn't send them a satoshi.

May be you can asked them to escrow through you

If someone was brave enough to go forward, Escrow with *someone* or *someplace* would be the only way I could recommend this to anyone sans full disclosure from the mfg. and no available chargeback method.

Even then, not every escrow service has full insurance. For example: at BTCrow a transaction is only insured up to $500...but nothing is to stop you from making multiple transactions; it just gets unwieldy (a $50K buy would require 100 transactions set up) if you absolutely need to be insured for the full amount. These are the limits of the escrow protection that any potential buyer of ASIC pre-order hardware should strongly consider.

[Disclaimer: I'm an approved BTCrow Escrow Affiliate]
Activity: 700
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think is a scam too
Activity: 406

Nice looking site. Great prices: 250GH/s for $749 in mid-November? However, I'm seeing red flags:

- No SSL certification.

- Who are these guys? If they've been working on this for 3 years, like they claim, then they should be proud to tell us who they are & how they've helped the BTC community and ASIC development.  Give us your LinkedIn Profile links or the Asian equivalent.

- Only payment method is irreversible BTC payment (which is common for these deals but at least we know who exactly are the people behind the company for HF, CT, BM, etc. etc.)

Caveat emptor. They could be legit but it looks like yet another attempt to fool people out of their Bitcoin.

I'd love for the developers to come on here & prove me wrong, just like Giorgio did with Bitmine. Until then: I wouldn't send them a satoshi.

May be you can asked them to escrow through you
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
Clearly a scam. But still funny to pick holes in their story. From their FAQ:

Do I need a computer to mine with your products?
If you are mining with a single unit, then no computer is required as the unit will operate without any additional hardware. If you wish to use the collective hashing power of more than 1 unit, they must be connected to a external computer via usb. Mining software supports Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.

Try to get your head around that. one miner works as standalone, but two units dont  ? LOL.
Also kind of curious how it would mine standalone without ethernet.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
where can we learn more about this Nanoflow(TM) Technology ?
You can ask them  Grin they are the only one knows about this technology.
It's a 100% scam
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
i got a 'turn your javascript on' message on the site.  careful guys...

now regarding the site, i think the question on everyone's mind is -

where can we learn more about this Nanoflow(TM) Technology Huh?    Grin

- No SSL certification.

Pages:
Jump to: