Pages:
Author

Topic: Pizza for bitcoins? - page 10. (Read 800732 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 08, 2015, 10:33:10 AM
You should have kept your btc.

Sold it when it was 1000$ a coin, make the big bucks.

I know a lot of people who bought coins over 1000 dollars. You never know where the price go.

I suggest Legendary Pizza rank for laszlo only. Smiley

I think he should open a pizzeria place, and sell pizzas for bitcoin. (not buy)

Hopefully if luck turns around, other guys will pay him 0.01 BTC and so, which eventually be worth thousands of dollars in the future, so he recovers his losses.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
September 08, 2015, 09:21:21 AM

I know a lot of people who bought coins over 1000 dollars. You never know where the price go.

I suggest Legendary Pizza rank for laszlo only. Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
September 08, 2015, 09:16:12 AM

As if anyone knew at that time it would ever get to $1000
People are now selling for $240, the same kind thing could be said years down the road when the price skyrocket again
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
September 07, 2015, 10:23:59 PM

Activity: 210
BTC > etc
September 04, 2015, 09:12:41 AM
I seem absurd to buy a pizza with bitcoin. I read the story about the famous pizza, and really do not understand how you can make this type of transaction. I'm not in the BTC to buy pizzas, but I hope one day I can buy a pizza in bitcoin XD.

Depending on where you live you can already order pizza and other food online with bitcoin just like you would with a normal credit card
just 2 examples
https://www.foodler.com/user/Bitcoin.do
http://www.takeaway.com/
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
September 03, 2015, 07:40:44 AM
I seem absurd to buy a pizza with bitcoin. I read the story about the famous pizza, and really do not understand how you can make this type of transaction. I'm not in the BTC to buy pizzas, but I hope one day I can buy a pizza in bitcoin XD.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
August 26, 2015, 10:03:51 PM
Finally found it, so this is the legendary thread where, the OP "laszlo" was the legendary guy that paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas.  Cheesy

Man you will enter in history books as the greatest EPIC FAIL of all time, no disrespect, but really this is a very very very very unlucky event that you had gone through.

Its also somewhat funnny, while somewhat sad, but in any case, it is a monumental event in the history of BTC that will be forever carved into the history of the blockchain Cheesy
What are you talking about?  At the time it was worth it and it was a great AND smart move that supports bitcoin to this day.  Think about all the media coverage that was written regarding this - it basically promoted bitcoin!

No one can predict the future.

I dont think this single event had so much importance to shape bitcoin, but what I know is that that poor guy lost like 10,500,000 $ on some pizza.

So its a bit weird , but yes i agree partially, his great loss was our great win (via media circus)

This event will continue to be a history sir, but returned again to become bitcoin not be as present and may present other coin like magi(altcoin) coins could be as big as bitcoin later. we do not know what the future.
I don't think he lost anything actually since it counts by the value at deal time, I think it was a high possibility that he would have sold them at that time too for a close valus to the pizza's. There are people who had thousands of bitcoins but lost or forgot there private keys/passwords...

A potential unrealized gain is still a loss.

If you dont know about it, its still a loss, but you just dont know it is.

For example: if today morning you would have gone to another street, you would have found a thrown away lottery ticket on the ground, that would turn out to be a jackpot winner. So you lost 100,000,000$ worth of prize. But since you dont know this you think you didnt.

Do you get my point?
I agree it's the same, but agian Bitcoin is one big gamble. At the end of the day who knew what the value of Bitcoin would end up becoming. Things take time to establish and gain value.
you just need more experience and have a good prediction about price of bitcoin.
although sometimes the predictions are wrong, with as time goes on we can certainly
Activity: 448
August 26, 2015, 08:35:18 PM
Finally found it, so this is the legendary thread where, the OP "laszlo" was the legendary guy that paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas.  Cheesy

Man you will enter in history books as the greatest EPIC FAIL of all time, no disrespect, but really this is a very very very very unlucky event that you had gone through.

Its also somewhat funnny, while somewhat sad, but in any case, it is a monumental event in the history of BTC that will be forever carved into the history of the blockchain Cheesy
What are you talking about?  At the time it was worth it and it was a great AND smart move that supports bitcoin to this day.  Think about all the media coverage that was written regarding this - it basically promoted bitcoin!

I dont think this single event had so much importance to shape bitcoin, but what I know is that that poor guy lost like 10,500,000 $ on some pizza.

So its a bit weird , but yes i agree partially, his great loss was our great win (via media circus)

This event will continue to be a history sir, but returned again to become bitcoin not be as present and may present other coin like magi(altcoin) coins could be as big as bitcoin later. we do not know what the future.
I don't think he lost anything actually since it counts by the value at deal time, I think it was a high possibility that he would have sold them at that time too for a close valus to the pizza's. There are people who had thousands of bitcoins but lost or forgot there private keys/passwords...

For example: if today morning you would have gone to another street, you would have found a thrown away lottery ticket on the ground, that would turn out to be a jackpot winner. So you lost 100,000,000$ worth of prize. But since you dont know this you think you didnt.

Do you get my point?
I agree it's the same, but agian Bitcoin is one big gamble. At the end of the day who knew what the value of Bitcoin would end up becoming. Things take time to establish and gain value.
August 23, 2015, 03:52:34 AM

Do you get my point?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
August 23, 2015, 03:30:28 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
August 22, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

August 22, 2015, 08:42:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
August 22, 2015, 07:05:00 PM

August 22, 2015, 03:43:28 PM

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
August 21, 2015, 05:38:10 PM
moral:
 sell products for cryptocurrency and become a millionaire.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2015, 02:38:03 PM
Mate I hate to hear people talking about major spikes and comparing it with doged we want to keep the pump and dump traders away and hold on to and build the community. The dev is excellent for this coin and he is embracing every new tech he gets his hands on. We need slow steady growth for the long term not pump and wankers. On par with doge would just be a start.
Activity: 434
August 19, 2015, 09:57:56 AM
"Wow, were people selling milibitcoin at only 28 cents!? If only people back then knew..."

Good one  Cheesy
If only they new,thats what we think now about all the altcoins,maybe some of them will grow into something giant and we used to sell it just for 1$ Tongue,we will see Smiley
Activity: 259
August 19, 2015, 04:57:05 AM
and i dont want to regret for the second if 5 years from now the price bitcoin is skyrocket and blamed my self "why i didn't bought some bitcoin @$260 ?"

You don't need to buy a whole bitcoin.
Buy whatever amount you can afford for now  Wink

Sometimes it's hard to explain to someone that bitcoins can be devided...
I don't see the problem... Because, what's the difference with regular money like $, €, ... ?

By the way, if someone is still intrested in pizza for BTC. Pay me BTC10000 and i'll send you a truck full of pizza  Grin Tongue
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 18, 2015, 08:49:21 PM
Still my fav thing about Bitcoins is this thread ;-D
Activity: 138
August 18, 2015, 04:52:36 PM
this is crazy story, never had 10k bitcoin with just a couple dollar

Smiley)
 Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: