Pages:
Author

Topic: Planned merits vs actual merits - page 2. (Read 771 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
July 30, 2021, 11:28:33 PM

suchmoon, whether they realise it or not, is a very belligerent person who doesn't believe anyone else can have an interpretation that differs to their own.  They will continue to persecute you and indeed anyone else who they perceive has taken a stance against them.

This thread has already gone downhill.  Best not to encourage the trolls such as @suchmoon any further.  (placing them on ignore is best)
Activity: 1050
Merit: 140
July 30, 2021, 11:26:04 PM
I'm commenting on your actions, not your person. I thought we already settled that in the discussion about lying and sockpuppeting.
If you are still upset about me creating a new account and preferring to use this one over the other, I can't really help you. Just so you know, barking is associated with a dog and if you are comparing me talking to barking, it's insulting. Not that it bothers me one bit, just telling.

If it's anything short of CB selling merits or meriting sockpuppets, I'll be very disappointed, given the dramatic setup and the cliffhanger.

I would be more glad to see CB come out clean instead. Asking questions and drawing comparisons doesn't mean I wish bad for someone. Please don't be upset if CB comes out clean because although I will share some data, I really hope and believe CB will come out clean.

If you feel new members have no right to ask questions to/against self-acclaimed godly keyboard warriors trusted members, then sorry you are mistaken.

If you still have any personal problems though, feel free to message me and continue over there Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
July 30, 2021, 10:09:19 PM
If you feel insulting me

I'm commenting on your actions, not your person. I thought we already settled that in the discussion about lying and sockpuppeting.

Now that one part of the story is clear, I am moving to the other one.

If it's anything short of CB selling merits or meriting sockpuppets, I'll be very disappointed, given the dramatic setup and the cliffhanger.
July 30, 2021, 08:59:25 PM
Thanks. But from what I know CB is not short on merits and there is a group they are rotating merits except CB who spends outside too. I will post more details very soon.

That was just an example of how merits can be sent quickly, even far quicker than the examples in the OP. As usual, you're barking up the wrong tree and totally misinterpreting something mundane. If you have other "details" as to how this is abuse/misuse - that's what you should have started with, but "very soon" indicates that you're likely just trying to make shit up as you go to justify your preconceived conclusion. Not cool.

For some reason I have a mentality to absorb hate, maybe as LoyceV calls it, thick-skinned. I don't mind your hate and now let's come to the topic.

I asked for his views before I draw my conclusion and he gracefully explained his part. Now that one part of the story is clear, I am moving to the other one.

Some advice for you, my friend - If you feel insulting me will make me feel bad, it only helps me grow a thicker skin and I laugh don't mind such rants.

For the very soon part, I don't have all day to sit on the forum and post for my signature because I don't have one. Once I have enough time to post what I want, I will do it. You don't own the forum and it's easy to imagine yourself as a king sitting behind a computer with a keyboard on your laps. On the contrary, the more time you spend on forum shows how empty you are in real life Wink

If you think I have nothing meaningful to say and I talk shit all the time, please ignore me and enjoy your stay. I have immense respect for you regardless of how you attack me.

Edit: An oh, I don't have any "preconceived conclusion" to start with. I observed something and discussed it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
July 30, 2021, 07:37:53 PM
Thanks. But from what I know CB is not short on merits and there is a group they are rotating merits except CB who spends outside too. I will post more details very soon.

That was just an example of how merits can be sent quickly, even far quicker than the examples in the OP. As usual, you're barking up the wrong tree and totally misinterpreting something mundane. If you have other "details" as to how this is abuse/misuse - that's what you should have started with, but "very soon" indicates that you're likely just trying to make shit up as you go to justify your preconceived conclusion. Not cool.
July 30, 2021, 02:41:28 PM
Glad to see so many good answers, I will reply to the ones I feel I should but thanks to everyone who took part.

Are you trying to say sending smerits within short time is not good?

No, I am not at all saying that. I was just a touch confused how some members are meriting so fast and that leads me to wonder if there is something wrong going on. I never accused or doubted anyone and sorry if I sounded like one.

sending merits isn't bad, you (i) can send merit to any post i found interesting to me or deserved to be merited but looking at the time of meriting the users has nothing to do within. so don't think it is a connected accounts or not.
Gozie51 is not spamming.

All respect to Gozie51 but I just stated the fact that he is part of the spammer list, I never called him a spammer myself Smiley

Besides there are lots of users here how do you intends to monitor all user who are sending merits to fellow users, it is better you find something interesting to do than to monitor how merits being sent out.

When you say something like that, you make me believe there is something wrong because if people involved are clean they must enjoy the whole discussion than suggesting me to find something else.

There is something you don't understand here; Smerit is not what you can save back but to send out, you too can also send to users whom you find their post interesting.

I understand but we do need to make sure people are not involved in spending merits in such a way that only a particular group is benefiting and rotating them.

Since your account is purchased (as tagged by Jolly) I think you are only making things more suspicious here Wink

@savetheFORUM keep in mind that some forum members are bookmarking good posts when they are out of smerit, so when they get some  they can share it very fast, across different threads/boards. I used to do it before, when I was more active but lately I kinda stopped with that;s practice. So, that's another way how it might look that someone is sharing merit without even reading the posts while it doesn't have to be the case.

I myself do that. But meriting the same user within minutes didn't look right to me initially, it is making more sense now as more replies are pouring in.

Not sure if the posts worth merit or not, haven’t checked out as I think it’s not necessary. Merit worthiness depends on the perspective of respective users.
A few days ago, I had PMed yahoo62278 for having a review on my post as I'm nearly to my new rank  Grin Please note that yahoo62278 had stated somewhere to PM him if someone is lacking of merits for next rank or just to have a look at their post history if they think they are not having enough merit. So, he merited in 2 of my posts. It would also be possible that he merited some more posts if he thought my posts deserved. That would create the same situation as this one.

I do ask for such things to reputed members sometimes but I am sure none of the members involved have messaged each other about it, I am pretty sure.

Nah, it usually doesn't take nearly that long to figure out if a post is merit-worthy, especially if you're familiar with the member's quality of writing overall.  For example, if I see a post that's a few paragraphs long by a member like Hydrogen, suchmoon, or pretty much any of the members I'm familiar with, I'm confident that the most deserves merit(s).

Yes although it is quite strange when you see the same group is rotating merits. I will post some stats below to make it clear what I mean.

And if you take a look at my merit-giving history, you'll see I have examples just like the ones you pointed out, where I've given a single member merits for a number of their posts.  That's most likely because I've offered to do post history reviews for members, and just a quick scan of someone's post history will tell me which posts are deserving and which aren't.  I don't think I need to read every single post in depth.  I just check for effort, grammar, spelling, and overall quality.  And hell, I've been a merit source for a couple of years now, so it's gotten easier to do.

That's the point but I don't think these members are asking each other to review their post history regularly.

Thanks though, cleared some of my doubts Smiley

You may as well add me to your tin foil hat list of half baked suspects because I will make a copy of the urls of posts I would like to merit.  Then, when i have received some merits, I'll go back over my list open the various URL's and merit each - usually in a handful of minutes.

I am not suspecting anyone, I am just asking questions based on some different or weird patterns.

I could not find any other member on the forum with a similar style of giving out merits and hence I am creating this thread.
Maybe you forget? The Pharmacist has sent you 12 merit in 1 minute 8 second if you carefully check the history of merit you received in the last 120 days. I see it from the merit history you received and I think there are many merit  source that have the same habit, one of which is DdmrDdmr and several others.

That's because I REQUESTED him to review my posts history and when you specifically check for someone's recent posts, it is understandable to see smaller gaps between merits.

staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
July 30, 2021, 01:45:40 PM
The first two lines of a post are good enough to know a merits worthy post and there are no rules anywhere asking you to read the entire post before merit, there is no need to be sad about how someone spends his/her smerits they earned it and they should use it they way they see fit as long as they are not trading it. Keeping it to oneself does not add anything to your profile.

From the screenshot you posted I can boldly tell you that Ruchi deserves all the merits he got from CB
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
July 30, 2021, 12:56:45 PM
I could not find any other member on the forum with a similar style of giving out merits and hence I am creating this thread.
Maybe you forget? The Pharmacist has sent you 12 merit in 1 minute 8 second if you carefully check the history of merit you received in the last 120 days. I see it from the merit history you received and I think there are many merit  source that have the same habit, one of which is DdmrDdmr and several others.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
July 30, 2021, 12:37:53 PM
Even for you OP, this really is a half baked thread.
Eh, I don't think OP is being stupid--I think he just doesn't understand how some members can give away so many merits so quickly.  From an outsider's perspective, I can understand how it would appear suspicious.  After all, it's not like this forum hasn't had tons of merit abuse (and likely still has a lot happening).  When someone looks at my merit-giving history, they might reasonably conclude that I'm favoring some members and perhaps question how I could rapidly give a single member 30-40 merits in a single 5-minute period.

The fact is that I'm not favoring anyone.  I'm either doing a post history review for someone who's PM'ed me, or I'm reviewing post histories from this thread, which I try to follow closely.  As I said, it doesn't take long for me to determine whether someone's put enough effort into their posts to warrant merits--but OP may not have understood that, since it hasn't really been discussed before.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
July 30, 2021, 12:23:36 PM
You may as well add me to your tin foil hat list of half baked suspects because I will make a copy of the urls of posts I would like to merit.  Then, when i have received some merits, I'll go back over my list open the various URL's and merit each - usually in a handful of minutes.

How many threads have you seen suggesting other people's posts warrant merits?

Even for you OP, this really is a half baked thread.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
July 30, 2021, 12:18:14 PM
Even if you read the posts, it should normally take 2-5 minutes considering the post was merit-worthy. Below are some examples of actual merits given.
Nah, it usually doesn't take nearly that long to figure out if a post is merit-worthy, especially if you're familiar with the member's quality of writing overall.  For example, if I see a post that's a few paragraphs long by a member like Hydrogen, suchmoon, or pretty much any of the members I'm familiar with, I'm confident that the most deserves merit(s).

And if you take a look at my merit-giving history, you'll see I have examples just like the ones you pointed out, where I've given a single member merits for a number of their posts.  That's most likely because I've offered to do post history reviews for members, and just a quick scan of someone's post history will tell me which posts are deserving and which aren't.  I don't think I need to read every single post in depth.  I just check for effort, grammar, spelling, and overall quality.  And hell, I've been a merit source for a couple of years now, so it's gotten easier to do.

Sometimes I'll merit multiple members within a single thread in a short period of time, too.  Again, it really doesn't take that long to separate the good posts from the not-so-good ones.  Quickness comes with experience.
Activity: 555
Merit: 10
July 30, 2021, 11:45:22 AM
Maybe you are thinking he used automated way to merit those post i guess he actually read those post he merited. i don't really think there is any important thing attached to their way of giving merit with time frame listed as you said.
i have also came across of post made by OgNasty where he said "sign a signature and gain merit" that is only for newbie and account that is not related to bounty hunting.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
July 30, 2021, 11:18:57 AM
Not sure if the posts worth merit or not, haven’t checked out as I think it’s not necessary. Merit worthiness depends on the perspective of respective users.
A few days ago, I had PMed yahoo62278 for having a review on my post as I'm nearly to my new rank  Grin Please note that yahoo62278 had stated somewhere to PM him if someone is lacking of merits for next rank or just to have a look at their post history if they think they are not having enough merit. So, he merited in 2 of my posts. It would also be possible that he merited some more posts if he thought my posts deserved. That would create the same situation as this one.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
July 30, 2021, 10:58:52 AM
@savetheFORUM keep in mind that some forum members are bookmarking good posts when they are out of smerit, so when they get some  they can share it very fast, across different threads/boards. I used to do it before, when I was more active but lately I kinda stopped with that;s practice. So, that's another way how it might look that someone is sharing merit without even reading the posts while it doesn't have to be the case.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
July 30, 2021, 10:48:21 AM
Probably the person that got merited was just so good that they the people who merits them have found other post worthy of merit plus it's not like it's difficult to decide, I mean I can read fast and most of the time, you can see it in the first lines in the post that it's merit worthy. Although, I have reservations because some people who do this merit becomes suspicious.
Activity: 854
Merit: 506
July 30, 2021, 09:02:14 AM
Are you trying to say sending smerits within short time is not good?
sending merits isn't bad, you (i) can send merit to any post i found interesting to me or deserved to be merited but looking at the time of meriting the users has nothing to do within. so don't think it is a connected accounts or not.
Gozie51 is not spamming.

Besides there are lots of users here how do you intends to monitor all user who are sending merits to fellow users, it is better you find something interesting to do than to monitor how merits being sent out.
There is something you don't understand here; Smerit is not what you can save back but to send out, you too can also send to users whom you find their post interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 2191
Signature Space For Rent
July 30, 2021, 04:15:01 AM
First of all, I believe CryptopreneurBrainboss not abusing the merit system. Secondly, I don't think it's something wrong with meriting with a short period. I don't know CryptopreneurBrainboss's merit sending criteria but for me, I do the same thing sometimes. If I found a user make a very good post then I become curious to visit his post history if there is more good and quality post exist. If so, then I send merit a few posts from his/her post history. I don't think I am doing wrong since merited posts aren't spam to me. For this reason, no one should blame me for merit abuse.

@ OP, I'm not blowing your concern and appreciate your effort. But it will be better if you can add more details if you discovered merit abuse there. I know many users abusing the merit system. But we are unable to do anything if no strong evidence. Personally, I like to see more merit circulation, so more users would get benefits from the merit system.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
July 30, 2021, 03:47:05 AM
I will show you the real abuse of transferring or selling merits to another member to participate in a subscription company.
The account tazmantasik woke up and immediately awarded 5 merits to another account  bounceback.

Bitcointalk Username: bounceback
Current post count: 1753
Merit earned in last 120 days: 5
ETH wallet [Address Must be from MetaMask wallet]: 0xEFd0D04Ae65273f74D68618a27943356c50d93b0

Suspicious enough, isn't it? And the posts themselves are not of high quality. Grin

As for CryptopreneurBrainboss, he, as a representative of the local section of Nigeria, is quite rightly more attentive to the users of this section. As noted earlier, he has the right to distribute and read everything as he sees fit.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
July 30, 2021, 03:46:04 AM

When I need time off the forum, I do take breaks as you might see from my posting gaps. Thanks for the suggestion but is there any problem with the current hobby? I mean at least it's more constructive than playing games on mobile, yeah?

I think you aren't aware how much time people are spending finding alts and everything. I think some people need this advice more than me.

I think we should encourage people to give merits no matter if they give in bulk etc. Merits need to spread in the forum generously so those who are good posters aren't having a feeling of being neglected.

Its good that you spend your free time analyze people on how they are giving merits. I would suggest it could be more constructive if you spend time in things like finding any merit sources not giving away enough merits etc.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
July 30, 2021, 03:37:08 AM
Is it actually possible to read 4 posts in 4 different sections within less than 2 minutes?
Maybe. But it's not necessary to Merit a post right after you're done reading. I usually open Merit-links in a new tab so I can continue reading without interruption, and Merit 4 posts within a second later on:
Code:
July 25, 2021, 07:42:51 PM: 4 to valentine wheeler for How to grow into a hero and legendary member?
July 25, 2021, 07:42:51 PM: 4 to DdmrDdmr for Re: How to grow into a hero and legendary member?
July 25, 2021, 07:42:51 PM: 4 to valentine wheeler for Re: WHICH COUNTRIES COULD FOLLOW EL SALVADOR BY MAKING BITCOIN LEGAL TENDER?
July 25, 2021, 07:42:51 PM: 4 to Ratimov for Brief History of Bitcoin Adoption

if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.
Pages:
Jump to: