Pages:
Author

Topic: PLATO's Bitcoin Road Trip Completed! [June 19-? Bonus round! SFO PDX SEA YVR] - page 2. (Read 23983 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"
Sup guys -

I'm at EvanR's apartment in Baton Rouge now. I'm packing my stuff up, planning to leave in about an hour. My next known destination is Austin, TX, where I will do a podcast with AtlasLGo.

I am also trying my damnedest to get on Alex Jones' show and Joe Rogan's podcast. I would appreciate any support you guys can offer, whether it's twitter mentions, contact forms, or any other ways you can try to get in touch with these guys. Both have extremely open-minded audiences who would love to hear about Bitcoins.

Keep an eye on my Twitter feed, I post more regularly there than therealplato.com.

Cheers!
eof
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
We are trying to send plato a shirt (maybe two cus laundry on the road sucks!) for his road trip.

Apparently he is going from TX->OK->CO if anyone along the way there can accept a shirt for him please let him know.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Elder Crypto God
PLATO bought a tank of gas from my grandmother for 16 BTC. Cheesy

She's like "what the heck do I do with these things?" and I told her to give them to me for my birthday so she is.

CHA-CHING! Cool
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Hey Bit_Happy -

I'm alright, I haven't had time to post much in the past week...

Great, have fun.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
if u get into a real pinch for gas, let me know.  i think i can get u all the way across the US.
nope, that's just old info. i'm pressing on westwards midweek. gonna stop in Louisiana and meet up with EvanR.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Status report:

Thanks for the pins, everyone! I have enough to get to Florida - http://goo.gl/CflUH.
I haven't picked a hard departure date yet but I'm leaning towards the week of April 10th. I'm gonna head to MIT in Boston for a day or two (thanks Llama!), then head to Schenectady NY to give a talk on Bitcoin at my alma mater, Union College. I'll be explaining how the system works, what it is, etc. and talk about my trip. Details to follow when they're hashed out. I'd love to give more talks along the way, so if you know of a potential venue, get in touch with me.

Here's some pics of my ride: http://imgur.com/a/MixaF

God I can't wait to get to some warm states - Connecticut has not been warm since September.

PLATO

you're backtracking?
Hey Bit_Happy -

I'm alright, I haven't had time to post much in the past week. Note that my twitter feed is more active than my blog. I'm in Montgomery AL and have been for a few days. I'm heading back to Eclectic AL to continue cleaning up tornado damage (see sig.)

Also, Ribuck paid his pledged 200 BTC. Thanks dude!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Watch out for tornadoes!
Activity: 373
Aw man, I wish I had noticed this topic sooner.  I could have met you for lunch in Atlanta if you had ended up staying.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
How did the talk come out? Did many people show up? Were they interested or what?
Steve-
I skipped atlanta, I heroically drove 700 miles from NC to AL yesterday. I'm meeting up with bitcoin2cash now.

I emailed Wired and Ars when I was starting the trip but never heard back. What I would REALLY love is for Joe Rogan to pick up on this and have me on his podcast when I reach LA. I'm pretty sure he would love the idea of Bitcoins. Tweet @joerogan and tell him what I'm doing!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
When will you be coming through Atlanta?  I could meet you and sell you things you need for BTC.
Merit: 1000
I suggest that everyone that reads this thread submits the story about the roadtrip to wired.com, so that they will write about it, or any other news media. I've already submitted it to wired.com.
Merit: 1000
My hats off to you roadtripper. This is awesome!

I'll send some coins your way when I get the next pooled mining payout. Truly awesome! Smiley

Just love your adventurous attitude!
Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
I just received my Bitcoin branded Tshirts that I proudly wear in Switzerland.
Got them made in the US (with Bitboy's approval of course) and will gladly ship one to you, should only take a few days.
Do you know where you will be in a week?

front

back

Accompanied by

Oh man a bitcoin barbecue would RULE! mizerydearest says he/she's found a lot of Bitcoiners in the San Francisco area, so we should meet up there. Actually I'm meeting up with a few more Bitcoiners in the Raleigh area tonight at 10pm. Tomorrow morning I plan on heading to Charlotte, NC, then onwards to Huntsville, AL, where I'll be giving a presentation on Bitcoins at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. That should be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Distribution: Premade press releases is a good idea. I've also found myself wanting business cards with my contact info, etc to hand out to the random people I meet. Unfortunately I might end up skipping FL, now that I have this gig lined up in Huntsville - just to save some miles. My transmission was making some weird noises a few days ago. They've since stopped but I'm kinda leery.

Gotta run and get some lunch with another Bitcoiner! I'll be back later this afternoon.
PLATO
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
* you could host a bitcoin barbecue somewhere on the way. people bring the meat and beer, you eat, and in eating pauses tell them about bitcoins

+1 for BBQ. Barbecue makes everything better.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
You know what might help? If in the places you are going, you are speaking or doing some kind of event, you could have a pre made press release that you could give to someone in that area to put out. It might give you more publicity.
Pages:
Jump to: