Pages:
Author

Topic: Playstore is not safe - page 2. (Read 366 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 16, 2019, 07:22:07 AM
We can't trust apps from playstore anymore,100s of apps from play store are infected with malwares and keyloggers

You could never trust 100% all the apps in the playstore, nothing new here.

,if you need any app badly find their website and download from original source, beware

Not really, you should first check who is the one that is creating that app.
If the app in playstore is full of malware it means that the one on their servers is also.
Do you think that a mining app that promises 1BTC per hour downloaded from the original website is safe?

Besides, a lot of trusted apps I've used for years can't be downloaded from their official site and link to the store.

Also, if you don't trust play store, how do you manage your updates for the apps? You uninstall and install the fresh copy from the original website each time there is an update?

What most of these apps do is uploading users data to their own servers which can result in stealing your wallet keys too

Again, overreacting, most apps are safe as long as you don't go and install apps that make fake claims such as free gift cards, free money, micro earnings and others.
It doesn't hurt to be extra careful but if go full paranoia mode you're better sticking to the old faithful Nokia 3310.

LE:
While doublecking to see if you don't have the habit of only starting topics and then disappear I saw this post of yours:

Eidoo wallet is not bad and if I have to compare eidoo with other new wallets like atomic wallet I will choose eidoo because of better stability but myether wallet is better choice

Eidoo does the same thing I said above, they don't offer a download version they link to the store.
So, how did you managed to install it?  Grin Grin Grin

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
July 16, 2019, 07:16:35 AM
We can't trust apps from playstore anymore

That's nothing new.
You should have never blindly trusted them at all.

100s of apps from play store are infected with malwares and keyloggers,do not download apps from play store anymore,if you need any app badly find their website and download from original source,

Unfortunately quite a lot of apps are not open source.
And downloading it from a website is even more risky than using the playstore.

The playstore is somewhat moderated. Malware is going to be removed once recognized.
On a website, everyone is free to host whatever he wants to.

What most of these apps do is uploading users data to their own servers which can result in stealing your wallet keys too

No. That's simply wrong.

An application on your mobile can only access its own app data.
If you grant file system permission, it additionally can access the external memory (i.e. SD card).

Application encapsulation is a security mechanisms of android which ensures that each application can only run commands and access files in its own user context.

Well.. except if you root your mobile, which you should never do at all if you store sensitive information on your mobile.

Please don't spread misinformation.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
July 16, 2019, 07:07:06 AM
You shouldn't download shitty software from any source.

Look for good publishers, double check their official website to be sure you are downloading the correct app (and not some phishing version)

These are like basic procedures, safe habits to have online.

If you download any shady software you see , that is promising something too good to be true or piracy software, you will probably get infected by malware.

There are some safer ways to piracy software, but not on play store.
Activity: 518
Merit: 28
July 16, 2019, 07:01:03 AM
We can't trust apps from playstore anymore,100s of apps from play store are infected with malwares and keyloggers,do not download apps from play store anymore,if you need any app badly find their website and download from original source, beware
Pages:
Jump to: