Pages:
Author

Topic: Please Help!!! - page 2. (Read 1496 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 30, 2016, 09:51:30 AM
Your wallet.dat file contains the private keys, if you lose access to the file you lose access to your bitcoins. If you deleted it check your recycle bin or try to use data recovery software.
Activity: 138
Merit: 102
June 30, 2016, 09:50:41 AM
The simple method to test it, open Core Help/Debug Window and type

listreceivedbyaddress(0, true)

Is your address where you send your funds (1LBKQuK7d1GA6noiudxZcBnxxL4P...) on the list then you have the funds, and just need to wait until synchronized

otherwise you need  to find the lost wallet
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 30, 2016, 09:37:13 AM
Forgive me, your problem will be difficult to solve. Because here you don't have data that can be used to help you. so if you want to have returned your wallet, you have to figure out a way to do a backup of all the data that has been deleted when reinstalling your PC. Or maybe later there could be more savvy in dealing with this problem, just wait
Activity: 138
Merit: 102
June 30, 2016, 09:33:20 AM
A couple of days later I had to completely reinstall Bitcoin Core blockchain and wallet on my PC.

I did not save the initial wallet and I guess Bitcoin Core generated a new one for me when I reinstalled it. Once the new installation completed I realized I had saved the 1st wallet (since being new to Bitcoin, I didn’t realized I would have to keep that .DAT file). I know that Bitcoin transactions are irreversible by design and cannot be canceled once they have been initiated and processed successfully. My particular transaction completed successfully on the block chain in the meantime and has been verified by at least 1000 times in the so far.

First of all, you should stop using and shut down the computer immediately, because the risk your wallet file will be overwritten.

But respond the following questions:
What OS do you use? What filesystem? Restoring lost files is easier on windows (NTFS,FAT) and linux(ext4)
How did you reinstall your Core? Is your Core fully synchronized? If you deleted everything & wallet.dat is deleted then you  have trouble and need to use file recovery and shut down the machine, see above.
On the other hand, if you did not delete the wallet and the only problem is that your Bitcoin is not synchronized, it is normal that your transaction does not appear. Just wait several hours and your transaction will appear when synchronized.

Taking into account the information that I still have of the transaction (described above) and knowing that the receiver is myself, would it be possible somehow to retrieve that 1 Bitcoin I sent from my Circle account to my Bitcoin Core Wallet?
IF you have the wallet, sure the funds are yours.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
June 30, 2016, 09:28:27 AM
You need to recover the previous wallet.dat file.

You can use data recovery software like Recuva, Handy Recovery or GetDataBack, or try the "previous version of a file" that, I believe, comes with newer Windows versions.

If you're unable to do so, that bitcoin is lost forever.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
June 30, 2016, 09:27:12 AM
Since I'm interested in knowing how does one go about recovering it,I found a couple of things which may be useful,not sure if it still works.Try the steps I got from different sources.I'm equally curious about the solution.

First, close the Bitcoinclient.

Then you have to localize your Bitcoin folder. For Windows, it should be here:

%APPDATA%\Bitcoin

In that folder, there should be a wallet.dat file.

If you have currently no bitcoins in your wallet, you can just delete that file and replace it with your backup.
If you have some bitcoins in this wallet as well, backup that wallet file as well, or send all the coins to an address from your backed up wallet.
When you placed the other wallet.dat file in place, you should run Bitcoin core with the -rescan option. Here's how to do that in Windows:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin using Windows Explorer.
In that folder, hold shift and right-click and select Open command window here (picture).
In the command prompt, type bitcoin-qt.exe -rescan and hit enter (picture).
Now Bitcoin-Qt should start and rescan the blockchain to calculate the balances of the addresses in your wallet.dat file.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 30, 2016, 09:18:08 AM
Hi guys!

I’m fairly new to Bitcoin and could really use your help in helping me to figure out a solution to my problem. I recently made the following transaction:
Sent 1 BTC to 1LBKQuK7d1GA6noiudxZcBnxxL4Pxxxxxx on June 15, 2016.
Status Complete
Sent June 15, 2016 at 4:22 PM
Amount 1 BTC
Sender Dxxxxx Txxxxx
Recipient 1LBKQuK7d1GA6noiudxZcBnxxL4Pxxxxxx
Reference ID b5e9bb7c-ebfc-4d51-9639-xxxxxxxxxxxx

The respective amount of Bitcoin was sent from my Circle account to my Bitcoin Core Wallet installed on my PC. After I sent the Bitcoin to myself I didn’t check immediately to see if the transaction completed successfully. A couple of days later I had to completely reinstall Bitcoin Core blockchain and wallet on my PC. I did not save the initial wallet and I guess Bitcoin Core generated a new one for me when I reinstalled it. Once the new installation completed I realized I had saved the 1st wallet (since being new to Bitcoin, I didn’t realized I would have to keep that .DAT file). I know that Bitcoin transactions are irreversible by design and cannot be canceled once they have been initiated and processed successfully. My particular transaction completed successfully on the block chain in the meantime and has been verified by at least 1000 times in the so far.
Taking into account the information that I still have of the transaction (described above) and knowing that the receiver is myself, would it be possible somehow to retrieve that 1 Bitcoin I sent from my Circle account to my Bitcoin Core Wallet?

Thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: