Pages:
Author

Topic: please help ! im noobie - page 2. (Read 1728 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
November 26, 2014, 12:13:55 PM
Hello, I didnt know where to post this topic, so I just did it over here. I downloaded the Bitcoin Core Wallet and put some bitcoins on it. After paying for the bitcoins and giving the seller my address I started the Bitocin Core wallet. Now the wallet is synchronizing with the network which is saying I'm 1 year 35 weeks behind. I read that I can't see or spend my bitcoins until it's complete. Is there another way to get my money quick? Is there a way to finish the synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins (Currently the wallet is reporting 0 bitcoins) since it have to synch first?

Fixed that for you.

Now to answer your questions:

Is there another way to get my money quick?

Yes.  You can switch to a lightweight wallet (such as MultiBit, Electrum, or blockchain.info/wallet) where you don't need to wait for the entire wallet to sync.  If you want your current bitcoins to show up in that other wallet, you will need to export from Bitcoin Core the private key associated with the address.  Then you will need to import that private key into your new wallet.

The process for importing the private key depends on the wallet that you choose.  If you can't figure out how to import the private key after you've chosen a new wallet, then come back and let us know which wallet you've chosen.  Then someone should be able to give you useful instructions.

Is there a way to finish the synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins

That depends on the reason that your sync is slow.  If you have insufficient disk access speeds or insufficient RAM, then the only way to improve the sync speed is to upgrade your hardware.  If you have a slow broadband internet connection, then there is a copy of the blockchain that you can download via torrent.  If you install that copy of the blockchain on your computer, then you can significantly reduce the sync time by eliminating the need to download most of the blockchain during the sync process.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 26, 2014, 11:16:20 AM
Hello i didnt knew where to post this topic so i just done it over here. I downloaded Bitcoins core Wallet and putted some bitcoins on it. Now after paying for the bitcoins and typed in my adress i started bitocins core wallet. Now i have to synchronizing with network witch is saying im 1 year 35 weeks behind. now i cant see or spend my bitcoins until its all completed i readed. but is there another way to get my money quick? or to finish the Synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins * currencly i have 0 bit coins on the wallet * since it have to synch first.
Pages:
Jump to: