Pages:
Author

Topic: Please help me understand the no border ideology - page 2. (Read 2175 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
This political ideology is gaining a lot of supporters. I need to understand the advantages and problems that such a world conception carry. I would like to know why some support and what would some gain of it and what would other lose. Thank you in advance, my aim is to have an open minded honnest discussion on the topic.

My current understanding, i hope that you wil be able to enlighten me on other perspectives and facts i don't see.

Positive i guess that the ideal of universal right to establish oneself where ever is interesting. Increase mobility opportunity, job seeking and competition opportunity, a more diverse cultural field and less restrictions.

Negative, i see that most breed like invasive species, slums and unsanitary living conditions expanding, security risks, the loss of cultural homogenity, most third world places got there because of their values what would prevent them to impose those everywhere they get dominance, the overcrowding of civilised places, lack of infrastructure and living spaces, the drop of job wages, the collapse of social and public services, the spread of roamers and bandits tribes.

Your turn...

Btw 5billions people have less average income than mexicans... it's a lot.
Generally, liberal politicians support it because first world countries will be swamped with immigrants that vote liberal, totally wiping out conservatives. Businesses support is because they can import/export more, having more work done overseas and avoid taxes. Everybody else who wants it usually either wants it because they feel bad for people in need, or they just want their liberal politicians to succeed even if it costs us jobs and security.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
This political ideology is gaining a lot of supporters. I need to understand the advantages and problems that such a world conception carry. I would like to know why some support and what would some gain of it and what would other lose. Thank you in advance, my aim is to have an open minded honnest discussion on the topic.

My current understanding, i hope that you wil be able to enlighten me on other perspectives and facts i don't see.

Positive i guess that the ideal of universal right to establish oneself where ever is interesting. Increase mobility opportunity, job seeking and competition opportunity, a more diverse cultural field and less restrictions.

Negative, i see that most breed like invasive species, slums and unsanitary living conditions expanding, security risks, the loss of cultural homogenity, most third world places got there because of their values what would prevent them to impose those everywhere they get dominance, the overcrowding of civilised places, lack of infrastructure and living spaces, the drop of job wages, the collapse of social and public services, the spread of roamers and bandits tribes.

Your turn...

If we remove the border policies then there are many negative impacts that will occur. Boundaries will no longer be there and people can live anywhere and countries will have no control over taxation. Criminality will increase and since there are no borders it is hard to implement plans for welfare since people from other countries may enjoy the benefits instead of the actual occupants. Taxes will be paid by the registered occupants but will be enjoyed by itinerant people.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Ideology means the set of ideas or ideas, insights, opinions, or experiences.
Activity: 462
...Violence in any form of its manifestation is wrong and, as it were, everything did not happen, this in my opinion should not happen in human society. Violence is evil, which has already become a frequent visitor to the family and home, not just the streets.

Agree partially, but ultimately it's like smoking.

If a person wants to smoke they should make sure that the only people who they force their taste on are other smokers.

If a person does not want any violence, and they do not commit any violence, then they should not have violence imposed on them. But if a person looks for violence among strangers, they should find it.

In the case above, of 'native women', of course it is unbalanced, as Native women are generally very nonviolent.

The problem though is that 'violence', like 'rape', is a word that has shades of meaning. I agree with your value that violence is wrong, but it is more useful to figure out the cause than to just complain.  Hopefully as civilization progresses and terror is removed from some things then people will be able to more rationally analyze human nature, bad and good.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
And a staggering statistic on rape; the overwhelming majority of rape is conducted by an acquaintance. Thus would be a friend, or a neighbor, IR even a family member. Usually, not a random ass stranger. You would do more.to prevent 'native female' rape by removing said females from their communities, statistically speaking.

That's true certainly and it raises the issue of how the definition of rape evolves. It used to be common that when a person heard the word rape they would picture a violent struggle ending in a rape. Now there are cases like Julian Assange, accused of rape for not wearing a condom etc.

At some point the current word "rape" has to be forked into a few different words or it will be too diluted to be helpful to the most severe victims.

Regarding specifically the phrase 'native female rape', it is likely in many places that acquaintances even family are involved, but a) it is probably more common in a culture that has been crushed by another culture and b) in a lot of places there is a long term pattern of 'native women' belonging to a conquered group being abused at a high rate. That is the case with native women in the United States. Like the word 'rape', it is something that evolves. A thousand generations ago it would have been considered normal, like a natural law, that women of conquered groups have a low status in that regard. Today it is becoming less fashionable to conquer foreign groups and rape their women. At some point people will start wondering what good is an army then? But Julian Assange managed to find a 'rape victim' so there are still opportunities for rapists who do not like violence. 
Violence in any form of its manifestation is wrong and, as it were, everything did not happen, this in my opinion should not happen in human society. Violence is evil, which has already become a frequent visitor to the family and home, not just the streets.
And a staggering statistic on rape; the overwhelming majority of rape is conducted by an acquaintance. Thus would be a friend, or a neighbor, IR even a family member. Usually, not a random ass stranger. You would do more.to prevent 'native female' rape by removing said females from their communities, statistically speaking.

That's true certainly and it raises the issue of how the definition of rape evolves. It used to be common that when a person heard the word rape they would picture a violent struggle ending in a rape. Now there are cases like Julian Assange, accused of rape for not wearing a condom etc.

At some point the current word "rape" has to be forked into a few different words or it will be too diluted to be helpful to the most severe victims.

Regarding specifically the phrase 'native female rape', it is likely in many places that acquaintances even family are involved, but a) it is probably more common in a culture that has been crushed by another culture and b) in a lot of places there is a long term pattern of 'native women' belonging to a conquered group being abused at a high rate. That is the case with native women in the United States. Like the word 'rape', it is something that evolves. A thousand generations ago it would have been considered normal, like a natural law, that women of conquered groups have a low status in that regard. Today it is becoming less fashionable to conquer foreign groups and rape their women. At some point people will start wondering what good is an army then? But Julian Assange managed to find a 'rape victim' so there are still opportunities for rapists who do not like violence. 
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
It means smugglers of every kind
It means people from every kind
it means trouble from every kind

It means less chance to get a job
it means over run public services
it means house prices go up
it means wages go down or stagnate
it means less chance to own a house if on the welfare
it means more chance of getting robbed
It means more chance of getting murdered
it means more chance of the native women getting raped

But other than that  Grin  everything is fine ..  Roll Eyes

This sounds like low income crime. You can't really attribute this to race or religion; these crimes exist everywhere some people have more than other people. This would be the same in the slums of Ohio, Chicago, London, hell, even North Korea.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
It means smugglers of every kind
It means people from every kind
it means trouble from every kind

It means less chance to get a job
it means over run public services
it means house prices go up
it means wages go down or stagnate
it means less chance to own a house if on the welfare
it means more chance of getting robbed
It means more chance of getting murdered
it means more chance of the native women getting raped

But other than that  Grin  everything is fine ..  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
I'm against the idea. Equality is a myth, people are different, speak different languages and have different beliefs.
Now consider two things:
Some people will feel like it's their land and consider themselves natives.
There will be newcomers, migrants, that will have completely different values, unacceptable to the native population.

This will eventually lead to a segregation, with one of the communities being bound to enclosed settlements, or civil war. You just can't have open borders or people will start killing each other.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Thing like that could never live up to the idea. With the ideology like that, culture and nationality would be somewhat lost and I personally wouldn't like that. I'm not for those hippie ideas that propose that all people should and can live all together in harmony... sorry, but that's nearly impossible and I don't want to get into discussion now because I'm tired and also, everyone should be able to see why it's a stupid idea. The first thing that should come to mind is the mass immigration, just look at the immigrant "crisis" but on a whole another level where everyone from the poor countries and regions would rush to the rich ones. I've always found hippies to be stupid with the ideas.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I would argue that the people living in 3rd world countries would not migrate westward. Instead what would happen is development in their countries by the world's corporations. Why would they leave when they would have jobs building on their own land and cities.

If I was living in a barrel filled with shit in Guinea Bissau and the world's borders were thrown open, would I wait 15-30 years for my barrel of shit to dry out or move to New York tomorrow?

I'd go for NY. The average person wants it all now and why not?
... The isolation allows one to be closer to God, to align yourself with his will. When you are on the same path, you gain access to all of the things one needs to navigate the path Wink

That is an interesting idea, the problem it will cause for some people though is when it is taken literally.

Very primitive people often have concrete gods, solid beings that have wills, desires, everything a person has.

More developed theologies emphasize that it is a fatal mistake to describe any aspect of a spiritual thing, including the concept of 'god'. The reason being that there is the dualistic world, which is physical and includes words, and the spiritual world which is not dualistic. There are some bridges between the two, like religion, archetypes, symbols etc, but when dualism is used to describe spiritual things there are the hunters who observe quietly and learn, and the hunted, who make the noise. It's explained here https://youtu.be/I7e9vnwTjJA?t=1m1s

More spiritual wisdom at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgxGK2GOcQQ

If a person needs spiritual help they can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73v0XWnDxK8 but do not dial the number on the screen, +1 800 433 1900 unless you have your credit card out.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257

Your turn...

I think you are right. There are many good things that people could get by creating world without borders, and maybe that is the future. If people could move freely from one place to another, that could solve a lot of difficulties for some people. But it would also mean that there would be unwanted people in some places, and it would create chaos. Some places would be overpopulated and some would be dead, with no people to live there. I am not sure if it would be good or bad, there would need to be some kind of restriction, but that is not without border than...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
You have it backwards.

Society tries to get to where one person (starving in isolation) in the wilderness is, but society is hampered by (selfish desires and self-gain) technology and other fake appendages.

A person who leaves society does not strive to create the disease they had in society. Look at the Amish and many other very civilized groups whose laws are more natural. They don't ask for paper and they don't offer it. If our modern society were made of people who could live on their own, without gangsterism, there would not be any discussion needed.

A man who is starving in isolation out in the wilderness can gain possession of his own soul, his own free will, his own share of god. It is much easier for a man to overcome his sinful desires while he is starving in isolation because he possesses his own willpower. Society tries to achieve this through growth, by possessing greater numbers of new souls (more children, more births, more expansion, more invasion). When jesus fasted for forty days in the desert he was able to perform miraculous feats but as soon as he began eating again in a social environment he slowly began losing power. And when the cops put hands on him and imprisoned him, I imagine the roman empire took complete possession of his free will.

The amish are much less sinful than the rest of america, so they don't have as much opposition or punishment to worry about. They don't have to live in fear of being invaded or seized by enemies. Look what happens to people who regularly use heroin or methamphetamine. They always end up losing their jobs/homes/savings/families. That's an example of spiritual forces working their magic, causing people to suffer for their sins.

I perceived the power of fasting in the Bible as a result of no distraction. The isolation allows one to be closer to God, to align yourself with his will. When you are on the same path, you gain access to all of the things one needs to navigate the path Wink

Also, substance is spiritual gravity. Mammon is all substance; our concern for our substance is what usually makes us sin. You surround yourself with substance, you suffer the woes of substance. Society hovers somewhere between spirituality and substance, a partial construct of both. It, like all things, can be a distraction.
Any global ideology that relates to politics from my own point of view will not work. Other areas might work such as security or finance or accounts but  not politics because how do we even start from the majority of Whites that are racist not even considering the people from the Islamic countries, not even countries that are against the West with everything within them among other factors that will negate such movement.

A person should look for flaws near them, not faraway.

You want to blame "whites" for human nature that everybody has and you want to give credit to "islamic countries" likewise for human things.

The problem is not 'whites' or 'islamic', the problem is people through ignorance try to blame 'white' or 'islamic' people for flaws everybody has.
You have it backwards.

Society tries to get to where one person (starving in isolation) in the wilderness is, but society is hampered by (selfish desires and self-gain) technology and other fake appendages.

A person who leaves society does not strive to create the disease they had in society. Look at the Amish and many other very civilized groups whose laws are more natural. They don't ask for paper and they don't offer it. If our modern society were made of people who could live on their own, without gangsterism, there would not be any discussion needed.

A man who is starving in isolation out in the wilderness can gain possession of his own soul, his own free will, his own share of god. It is much easier for a man to overcome his sinful desires while he is starving in isolation because he possesses his own willpower. Society tries to achieve this through growth, by possessing greater numbers of new souls (more children, more births, more expansion, more invasion). When jesus fasted for forty days in the desert he was able to perform miraculous feats but as soon as he began eating again in a social environment he slowly began losing power. And when the cops put hands on him and imprisoned him, I imagine the roman empire took complete possession of his free will.

The amish are much less sinful than the rest of america, so they don't have as much opposition or punishment to worry about. They don't have to live in fear of being invaded or seized by enemies. Look what happens to people who regularly use heroin or methamphetamine. They always end up losing their jobs/homes/savings/families. That's an example of spiritual forces working their magic, causing people to suffer for their sins.

If you are going to change somebody's quotes so dramatically you should remove their name first. You can just put the word quote in blocks

If you are going to change somebody's quotes so dramatically you should remove their name first. You can just put the word quote in blocks

Food is just one aspect of a person's lower nature. Regardless, a person has a living nature that exists in a physical form whether the person is 'alone in the wilderness', or in the middle of a crowd.

The amish, like most groups who respect nature, were persecuted out of their original locations. http://www.amishnews.com/amisharticles/fromoldtonew.htm

The amish are smart and know that the first sentence of your last paragraph is nonsense. They live healthy lives but because their ideas of health are different than the prevalent gang they are cautious regarding threats from 'opposition or punishment'. A person who "does as the Romans do" is safe in Rome. Those who try to live apart have to be careful.

Heroin / meth / etc are not healthy, but anything can be ascribed to 'spiritual forces'. Those drugs are expensive and illegal, society charges an extra price for them. In places where opium is legal but discouraged informally you see much less harm.

In our society there are much more unhealthy things than drugs, but which are not discouraged or may even be encouraged. The price for those things is not so immediate and obvious. Would you call the lack of a price imposed by society "spiritual forces working their magic"? Of course not. You are confusing government with some deity.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Any global ideology that relates to politics from my own point of view will not work. Other areas might work such as security or finance or accounts but  not politics because how do we even start from the majority of Whites that are racist not even considering the people from the Islamic countries, not even countries that are against the West with everything within them among other factors that will negate such movement.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
In the name of globalization.. somewhere in the future, maybe a hundred years, maybe a thousand, the world will almost definitely be globalized and will have much less restrictions.
If you walk into the wilderness and establish your own society... but it will probably take you and your descendants many thousands of years to build your society back up to the level that we are at today.

You have it backwards.

Society tries to get to where one person in the wilderness is, but society is hampered by technology and other fake appendages.

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

Your turn...

I dont understand the need to preserve cultural homogenity. No cultures exist in a vacuum; and most cultures are smart enough to assimilate best practice/, most efficient methods from the culture it hosts (music, cuisine, language conventions, even fashion).  And out groups have no problem maintaining their culture when they are abroad, they cluster into communities to reinforce the parts of their culture they wish to keep.

So why do certain populist leaning politics have an appeal? Surely it's obvious that homogenity results in stagnation. Rather than stand alone, participate in the evolution of the whole.

I don't believe homogeneity would result in stagnation. Look at Japan and Korea. They are some of the most homogeneous countries around  and they are doing just fine. They managed to survive without all these multiculturalism shit.

Multiculturalism would only benefit the larger society if the minorities are willing to assimilate to the larger population. Instead, what we are seeing are ghettos. Though not necessarily bad on their own, it does lead some to feeling "different" from the society they live in. I guess Singapore have set a good example with their racial/ethnic integration policies to ensure that its Han, Malay and Indian population are  mixed together. Europeans would probably cringe at the mere mention of it though, cause you know, rights...

Open borders in western Europe used to work because despite the varying languages the people have some degree of cultural affinity with each other. Unfortunate that it was hijacked.
Pages:
Jump to: