Pages:
Author

Topic: Please help! mycelium watch only account private keys - page 2. (Read 352 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
He has mycelium and the coins are in SA watch only account.
[...]
Is there a way to import private keys for this account if I don't have the keys encrypted nor the QR code?

Sure, there is.

But you actually need to have/know the private key.
If you have the private key, you can simply import a "new account" and use that private key.

Without knowing the private key, you won't be able to spend the BTC. A watch-only wallet is just an imported address without any ability to spend from (therefore watch-only).
That's basically the same as looking at any random address. Without the private information required (the private key), you can't spend from it.

If your friend does not have any backup / QR / private key, he can't spend the coins.
Activity: 1659
Merit: 687
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
How was the watch only account created?
Anyone can import a Bitcoin address into Mycelium to create a watch only wallet, but without the private key you can't do anything else.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi guys. I am helping a friend out to cash out.
He has mycelium and the coins are in SA watch only account.

I tried to create backup for private keys.
But when I create a backup, QR codes are made for all the other accounts but not for this one so it' driving me crazy.

Is there a way to import private keys for this account if I don't have the keys encrypted nor the QR code?
Many thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: