Pages:
Author

Topic: Please Help - Ransomware has stolen my files and I need to pay in BitCoins - page 4. (Read 3891 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I don't know where you can buy bitcoins with credit cards I'm sorry. Think its because they can be charged back.

I'm no expert but cant you take the hard drive out and put it in another pc or connect it to another pc to access the files you need? I have these bloody thieving scumbags infecting peoples equipment with viruses then holding them tom ransom. It makes my blood boil.
Activity: 268
Merit: 258
First of all, you should never pay a ransom. The hackers likely won't decrypt anything after they receive the ransom. Instead, if you have a backup restore the backup. Since the computer is for work, your company should have backups that they can restore. Ask your company's IT department if they can help you.

If you want to buy bitcoin, most places will not accept paypal or credit card. This is because these can have chargebacks and exchanges have the possibility to be scammed. You can instead link your bank account to exchanges to buy bitcoin.

Lastly, since you are a new user, most exchanges will not let you buy large amounts of bitcoin. Instead of buying bitcoin to pay the ransom, you should have your company check it out and see if they can restore a backup and fix it.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello

To say I'm a noob is an understatement.

I need your help.  My work at home computer is infected by the TeslaCrypt virus, and after trying everything I can think of I had decided to pay the bleeping ransom to get back all the work I have lost.  Except that getting my hands on some bitcoins is not that easy, apparently.

Look, I just want to pay market value from paypal or my mastercard and buy 2.5 bitcoins.  I had no idea it would be so difficult.

I signed up at localbitcoins.com because that is what was suggested by the hackers.  But nobody there will sell me 2.5 bitcoins and they want a crazy amount more than market value for them.  So instead of $550 it's going to cost more like $1000.

I can't afford that.  I'm probably going to lose my job if I can't get these files back.  It's months of work.  I'm about to fall off the wagon here, I need help.

What is the safest way for me to buy some bitcoin, quickly, to satisfy the demands of this hacker?

Can I buy them anywhere that accepts credit cards and will that "address" work for ransom demander?

Please help me

Thanks

TB
Pages:
Jump to: