Pages:
Author

Topic: Please help test: Bitcoin version 0.3.21 release candidate - page 3. (Read 9168 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
1.5 is the supported and tested version, but I'm curious what massaging is needed for more recent versions?
Yea, 1.5 builds fine.

1.5.20110418 does not build but it looks like it may be partially a miniupnp install issue. It fails to install portlistingparse.h and miniupnpctypes.h.

upnpDiscover():53 is in miniupnpc.h as
Code:
upnpDiscover(int delay, const char * multicastif,
             const char * minissdpdsock, int sameport,
             int ipv6,
             int * error);

net.cpp calls it as:
Code:
devlist = upnpDiscover(2000, multicastif, minissdpdpath, 0);

There may be more, that was the first one I hit though.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
What are the disadvantages (security, etc) of having UPnP turned on?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
RE: changing the confusing transaction fee message:  good idea, and yes, "we" can.

How about:

This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least 0.0N because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds

I don't want to use the word "recommend", because the GUI doesn't let you try to send them without a fee.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
I understand the reason for the change (although these transactions will become confirmed after some time or if the block is less than 3 kB which happens from time to time) but the error dialog is very confusing.
Agreed.  Can we change this from "This is an oversized transaction that requires a transaction fee" to something like "Because of its amount, complexity, or rapid re-use of recently received coins, this transaction requires a transaction fee (0.0x recommended)" ?
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Is this thread the right place to discuss issues with RC?

Absolutely!

What version of MiniUPnP is intended to be supported? There seem to be some changes in most recent MiniUPnP (18/04/2011) that will need some massaging in RC to get it to build.

I will be happy to post an issue at github if needed. I just wanted to get an idea whether this should be an issue at all or should RC just support the 1.5 MiniUPnP.

1.5 is the supported and tested version, but I'm curious what massaging is needed for more recent versions?

Activity: 98
Merit: 13
"jgarzik's favorite features list" for 0.3.21 includes,

• A new method of seeding addresses, via DNS A records.  -dnsseed option will enable this, if you'd like to avoid IRC seeding for whatever reason.
  • -logtimestamps option, to add a timestamp to each line in debug.log.  Note: satoshi worried about the privacy implications of this option, so it defaults to 'off'.
  • Immature blocks (newly generated, under 120 confirmations) are now shown in listtransactions.  My own xlisttransactions patch should be obsolete at this point, unless I'm missing something.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Is this thread the right place to discuss issues with RC?

What version of MiniUPnP is intended to be supported? There seem to be some changes in most recent MiniUPnP (18/04/2011) that will need some massaging in RC to get it to build.

I will be happy to post an issue at github if needed. I just wanted to get an idea whether this should be an issue at all or should RC just support the 1.5 MiniUPnP.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have been using the git HEAD version for some time on desktop and for mining and have not encountered any problems but I'm pretty sure this issue would cause a lot of confusion and a deluge of questions from new users:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/170

I understand the reason for the change (although these transactions will become confirmed after some time or if the block is less than 3 kB which happens from time to time) but the error dialog is very confusing.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
Linux and Windows binary releases are at:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.21/

Changes and new features include:
  • Support for Universal Plug and Play to open a port for incoming connections (off by default, turn it on using the -upnp=1 command-line switch or the checkbox on the Options dialog box).
  • Sending and displaying arbitrary precision amounts of bitcoins (you can send exactly 1.0001 bitcoins if you like).  Sending less than 0.01 bitcoins requires a 0.01 bitcoin fee, however.
  • New rpc command "sendmany" to send bitcoins to more than one person in a single transaction (already being used by some of the mining pools for payouts).
  • Several bug fixes, including a serious intermittent bug that would sometimes cause bitcoind to stop accepting rpc requests.

If you find bugs, report them at: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues
Pages:
Jump to: