Pages:
Author

Topic: PLEASE HELP WITH GETTING STARTED !! - page 2. (Read 332 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 50
April 12, 2018, 12:09:39 AM
how can we try to help and give some suggestions while the OP does not explain about the hardware at least explain the series and number of GPU also how much its PSU wattage.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
April 11, 2018, 11:51:00 PM
A friend and I recently got talked into purchasing a few GPU miners for ethereum.. only to realize afterwards  that our setup at home wasn't enough to run the miners (not enough space and lacking power). So we ended up holding on to our miners without running them. We've heard different things from different people regarding what to do with our miners at this point. Some say to find 3rd party hosting or colocation, some say to keep the miners boxed until we are able to resell them.

So now my friend and I are honestly very confused and don't know what to do! Should we try to resell the miners without using them or host them somewhere? Is it even safe?

Any  help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

What kind of GPU miners for Ethereum did you purchase? If you purchase a Video Card it must be higher specification. I suggest that you must do research works especially in what type of Video Cards to be used and what mining sites or software to be use which can be more profitable.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
April 11, 2018, 11:36:58 PM
What did you buy exactly?  Hard to give advice without knowing that.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 11:20:09 PM
Hey H20,

That's a major concern for a lot of individuals and companies getting into crypto.

There are many hidden costs to keeping the miners inactive.

https://miningsky.com/2018/03/24/miner-hosting/

Miningsky's article mentions sunk costs and maintenance cost for inactive miners.

Hosting services should be a major concern for individuals such as you and your friend as the cost of hosting varies depending on where the hosting location is.

Aspects you should consider aside from the location would be how safe/reliable is the hosting company.

I personally bought rigs from Miningsky and their customer service and speed is impeccable, this is my opinion though.

But the blogpost i linked above is a good read. Makes you think about the cost you might calculate having inactive miners.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 11:01:23 PM
A friend and I recently got talked into purchasing a few GPU miners for ethereum.. only to realize afterwards  that our setup at home wasn't enough to run the miners (not enough space and lacking power). So we ended up holding on to our miners without running them. We've heard different things from different people regarding what to do with our miners at this point. Some say to find 3rd party hosting or colocation, some say to keep the miners boxed until we are able to resell them.

So now my friend and I are honestly very confused and don't know what to do! Should we try to resell the miners without using them or host them somewhere? Is it even safe?

Any  help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: