Pages:
Author

Topic: Please I don't know if anyone can help me out of this - page 2. (Read 273 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
First, be informed that TrustWallet is not recommended to be used for storing your bitcoin because it's not an open-source wallet. You can use Blue Wallet, Exodus, and Electrum Wallet instead.

You can download any of the mentioned wallet software and create a new Bitcoin wallet, then send your original coins from the old wallet to the new address.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Good evening everyone, I believe that anyone that ask questions can't miss his or her way, that's why I brought this here if anyone can help me out of this.

This afternoon I check my trust wallet which I was having three dollars worth of Bitcoin in it, as it opens, I discovered that it's no longer 3 dollar worth of Bitcoin, but 6 dollars worth of Bitcoin, I was surprised because I knew I never did any transactions, so I click on the Bitcoin to check my transaction history to check how come about the extra 3 dollar worth of Bitcoin, I discovered that the total of 6 dollars was divided into two, the first one is;
 *Available balance: three dollars btc, and the second is,
* dust: three dollars btc.

I have heard about dust attack before, and how it being use to track what  goes in and out of that wallet, but I don't know what I really should do next about it?

Please I need your help, please.

It's good you didn't click on dust link because it might have hacked your wallet and lost all the money you had. You should think ask anyone. You have done a very good and great job. Because if any job is not understood by the employee, then by sharing here, you will get very great jobs based on people's thoughts and experience, which will be very enough for your experience, because in this you will safe from loss.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
I have heard about dust attack before, and how it being use to track what  goes in and out of that wallet, but I don't know what I really should do next about it?
Firstly, switch from trust wallet, you should not be using a closed source software to store your bitcoins.

When you've imported your seedphrase to a non custodia wallet like electrum. Use coin control to freeze those dust inputs, you'll not be able to spend them in future transactions. If you don't spend them, it doesn't get mixed with your other bitcoins (future) and the can't link up your UTXOs.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855

I have heard about dust attack before, and how it being use to track what  goes in and out of that wallet, but I don't know what I really should do next about it?

Dust attacks are used by scammers to monitor a particular address they send bitcoin to and not the entire wallet (if it receives bitcoin on different addresses on that same wallet). There is nothing much that dust those other than address poisoning. You can use another different address or wallet if you’re uncomfortable since that address privacy is breached and the scammer will be watching that address.

Dear dust attack is done by the scammers or hackers where they send very small amount of transaction to the user wallet and when user click on the details of transaction his/her wallet will be wash out.

In your case you have luckily not have big amount in your wallet where you faced this dust transaction so tell me what is the status of your wallet right now? Like your amount is still safe?

This is not entirely true, dust attack is not a malware attack. Also you cannot click on transaction details and it clears your wallet. Dust attack is either use to monitor your wallet or it sends your bitcoin to the attackers wallet only if you are someone that actually copy addresses from last transaction details. This way you’re copying the address of the scammer from the dust transaction sent to your wallet and without checking it before sending then it goes to the address of the scammer

In your case you have luckily not have big amount in your wallet where you faced this dust transaction so tell me what is the status of your wallet right now? Like your amount is still safe?

Nothing will happen to your balance, all you need to do is to freeze that dust transaction if your wallet supports freezing a UTXO this way it will never mix with your other coins. And you can abandon that address, nothing more. This isn’t a sweeper bot or anything it is just a sign that someone else is watching that particular address that received the dust amount.
Activity: 350
Merit: 262
Good evening everyone, I believe that anyone that ask questions can't miss his or her way, that's why I brought this here if anyone can help me out of this.

This afternoon I check my trust wallet which I was having three dollars worth of Bitcoin in it, as it opens, I discovered that it's no longer 3 dollar worth of Bitcoin, but 6 dollars worth of Bitcoin, I was surprised because I knew I never did any transactions, so I click on the Bitcoin to check my transaction history to check how come about the extra 3 dollar worth of Bitcoin, I discovered that the total of 6 dollars was divided into two, the first one is;

I have heard about dust attack before, and how it being use to track what  goes in and out of that wallet, but I don't know what I really should do next about it?

Scanning a bitcoin wallet shows how many bitcoins are in that wallet and how many transactions are made there.  So I don't think hackers will do dust attack to hack your wallet where you only have $3 bitcoins in your wallet.

If you scan your wallet, the blockchain scan shows that there was a successful transaction and that you indeed received $3 of Bitcoin. so I guess you joined an event one day that you forgot you got these bitcoins from there.

And if you don't see a successful transcation by scanning your wallet on the blockchain, then it's a bug in Trust Wallet. I previously saw $65 worth of bitcoins in my 0 balance trust wallet but got an error when trying to transcation them. It was a bug. You are probably facing such a bug
Activity: 322
Merit: 178

Dear some days ago i also came to know about dust attack when i was creating post here in B&H section. There was a informative post shared by fillippone you can read this thread to know more about it here is the link of thread....>> Dust Attack, what it is, why it is dangerous and how to prevent falling to it.  lemme know if you find anything helpful otherwise i will look for more information for you.
Activity: 196
Merit: 123
When did you first add the $3 to your wallet?

Perhaps the BTC price has changed if it was a long time ago.

Are there any new transactions that would indicate a deposit?
The deposit was made on Monday, and I check it this morning, it was still 3 dollar worth of Bitcoin, and the transaction history their is no indications of a new transaction.
Activity: 434
Merit: 263
When did you first add the $3 to your wallet?

Perhaps the BTC price has changed if it was a long time ago.

Are there any new transactions that would indicate a deposit?

I initially thought your balance increased due to the market rise in bitcoin price until I discovered that it was all about dust transaction.

This was my thought also.
Activity: 700
Merit: 521
Anything that has to do with dust bitcoin should be treated as none existence because, maybe a transaction was performed with a lower transaction fee which could not be sufficient enough to make it confirmed or the amount sent below the average limit, disregard the dut and only concentrate on what you're having, I initially thought your balance increased due to the market rise in bitcoin price until I discovered that it was all about dust transaction.

Dear dust attack is done by the scammers or hackers where they send very small amount of transaction to the user wallet and when user click on the details of transaction his/her wallet will be wash out.

Yes, the amount is still there, total of 6 dollars worth of Bitcoin, 3 dollar available balance and 3 dollar dust
Activity: 322
Merit: 178

Pages:
Jump to: