Pages:
Author

Topic: Please people, be more careful! - page 2. (Read 2171 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
January 14, 2014, 02:47:43 PM
It hurts to see so many people get scammed for large amounts!

Fake miners' hardware sellers, runaway escrows, fishing websites and ordinary scammers in sell/buy threads with fake trust ratings and feedback. So many users are losing serious money even when taking necessary precautions. I'm not rich, and these sums would be substantial to me.

Some say that it's the price you have to pay for greediness, but not everyone is a hardcore speculator!

I speculate that for every person starting a thread about getting scammed there are hundreds of people not starting a thread about how they didn't get scammed.

Either that or I've lost my faith in humanity.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2014, 02:44:41 PM
Some of them are obvious and some of them are presumably legitimate newbies etc. that people give a chance on, it can be pretty difficult to tell them all apart sometimes, I've fallen for a scam and I'm normally pretty careful about this sort of thing even before Bitcoin.
Activity: 52
Merit: 2
January 14, 2014, 02:41:05 PM
The scammer concentration here is the highest I've seen so far.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
January 14, 2014, 10:21:05 AM

Fake miners' hardware sellers, runaway escrows, fishing websites and ordinary scammers in sell/buy threads with fake trust ratings and feedback. So many users are losing serious money even when taking necessary precautions. I'm not rich, and these sums would be substantial to me.

Some say that it's the price you have to pay for greediness, but not everyone is a hardcore speculator!

Scamming has been going on since the dawn of humanity. As long as there's fools there will be people willing to take their money off of them.The only way to not get scammed is to evolve a little bit I think.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 14, 2014, 10:15:47 AM

Scamming has been going on since the dawn of humanity. As long as there's fools there will be people willing to take their money off of them.The only way to not get scammed is to evolve a little bit I think.
Activity: 52
Merit: 2
January 14, 2014, 07:28:16 AM

Pages:
Jump to: