Pages:
Author

Topic: Please run a full node - page 10. (Read 6650 times)

legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
May 09, 2017, 12:57:34 AM
It's ok ImHash our dear leader Jihan Wu the merciful does not need nor want you to run a full node.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
May 09, 2017, 12:54:30 AM
Who should run a full node and why? are any of you miners willing to share your rewards with us if we were to run full nodes? every time I brought that up people said: don't run a full node because we don't need you to but only if we ask for a share.
Satoshi didn't think of this happening because he never thought about ASIC. running a full node does not help me to get a fast confirmation.
There is zero incentive for non miners to run full node, I am no longer running mine 6 hours a day but only 4 hours just to get synced and that's it.

Even if I own 1000 full nodes I'll have to kiss miners a*ses so they get to include my TX in a block, 10K FN still have to wait hours actually I feel like miners taking advantage of me and think that I'm a fool when they tell me to do this to help the network, network doesn't give a sh*t about me what so ever.

So once again if miners wanted to share their rewards with people running full nodes then why even bother to tell us? they can run them and keep the rewards for themselves.
Activity: 278
Merit: 252
ABISprotocol on Gist
May 09, 2017, 12:38:30 AM
If you have a machine you can spare, please run a full node. The more nodes there are, the stronger the network is. Also, if you run a full node you can potentially mine your node for information of various kinds. You can tell if you have a full node by giving the following command:

Code:
bitcoin-cli getinfo

If the "connections" field is greater than 8, then you are running a full node, congratulations!

You can find information on how to run a full node on bitcoin.org here:

https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node

Title of this post should really be "Please run a full node, because..." followed by some short blurb about why that's important.  There are various people reading here new or new-ish to bitcoin or are returning to it very interested after hiatus.

Also a reference to bitcoin.org/en/full-node isn't the best.  I think they need to shorten that instructional.  And what many people don't realize if they have never run a full node before is the port 8333 thing is actually important.  That is buried in the text of the instructions at bitcoin.org/en/full-node way at the end, easy to miss, and it's not explained why it's important.  

Here are a few examples of reddit discussions lately about full nodes and how-to's

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5yubg0/run_a_014_fullnode_on_raspberrypi3_prunedless/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/624xd0/first_time_running_bitcoin_core_full_node/

By the way, this handy site tells you kind of why it's important regarding the port issue, and even tells you if port 8333 is open or closed for you.  https://www.lurkmore.com/mining/port8333/
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
May 09, 2017, 12:34:55 AM
Yeah, we need more miners rather than more full nodes I think to help make the network stronger. But miners require significant investments so most folks won't be setting up new miners even though its needed.
This is sigspam nonsense. There is more than enough mining hardware around. What isn't enough of in mining is enough spread of the hashrate. More people buying hardware won't fix that when the economies of scale and cheap electricity means most hardware is clustered in a small number of huge farms owned by very few people.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
May 09, 2017, 12:27:38 AM
Yeah, we need more miners rather than more full nodes I think to help make the network stronger. But miners require significant investments so most folks won't be setting up new miners even though its needed.
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
May 09, 2017, 12:24:40 AM
Daily reminder: Bitcoin is controlled by a pompous pimpled faced rich kid in China and jonald_fyookball is his cock holster.
Jihan Wu of Bitmain is killing bitcoin you can ether run a full node, buy non-chines mining hardware and run your non-chines mining hardware on a non chines pool or you could...

...Kneel before your god!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
May 08, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
I will disagree.  More non-mining nodes doesn't necessarily make the network stronger if there are a sufficient number of nodes already.  Remember that only mining nodes can extend and secure the ledger. 
Activity: 338
Merit: 253
May 08, 2017, 06:33:57 PM
If you have a machine you can spare, please run a full node. The more nodes there are, the stronger the network is. Also, if you run a full node you can potentially mine your node for information of various kinds. You can tell if you have a full node by giving the following command:

Code:
bitcoin-cli getinfo

If the "connections" field is greater than 8, then you are running a full node, congratulations!

You can find information on how to run a full node on bitcoin.org here:

https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node
Pages:
Jump to: