Pages:
Author

Topic: please stop sating bubble unless you define/understand it - page 2. (Read 4507 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

Its funny how just 2 weeks ago "People were saying "Rally ! $6 !!", and just 2 weeks later after a momentary surge and drop back many are now asking "has the bubble burst ?", Really ?  You're so short-sighted ? Hunh.

You can't win that battle. To them, when the price is rising, a bubble is imminent, and when the price drops, their predictions are correct. They don't leave room for anyone else to be right.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
"Bubble" is such a stupid word to apply in this this context. It has completely false connotations   

In the "real world", once a bubble pops, it is completely gone, leaving practically no visible trace (or value) behind.   

In the world of stored value, the likelyhood of *all* value going pop and vanishing completely in a short space of time is very small.. 

Its funny how just 2 weeks ago "People were saying "Rally ! $6 !!", and just 2 weeks later after a momentary surge and drop back many are now asking "has the bubble burst ?", Really ?  You're so short-sighted ? Hunh.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Yeah. Bitcoins suck, you can’t do anything besides trading them! Angry I recommend instantly selling all Bitcoins you can get hold of since they have zero intrinsic value and will eventually be worthless.

Money is worthless!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
You're way off base.

Speculative Mania = Economic Bubble = A market phenomenon characterized by surges in asset prices to levels significantly above the fundamental value of that asset.

Now we argue about fundamental value and about how "bitcoin is the new gold!!".

And how Gold in turn may stand to lose a bit of weight, akin to what Silver did? Smiley

Gold at least you can hang around your neck and make AK47 platings of, i.e. has fashion and symbolic use, whereas BTCs still remain intangible..
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
You're way off base.

Speculative Mania = Economic Bubble = A market phenomenon characterized by surges in asset prices to levels significantly above the fundamental value of that asset.

Now we argue about fundamental value and about how "bitcoin is the new gold!!".
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
To make the long short:
bubble - when it grows faster than trend shows and price doesnt show real value.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
I intend to commission a comic that parody said panics.
Activity: 48
Merit: 9
It seems like every other post on this forum references bubbles or bursting bubbles or "it's definitely not a bubble" or "how is this not a bubble", etc.

Do you even know what you are discussing anymore?

First of all, a financial bubble has many meanings to different people.  If you're talking about credit fueled bubbles, then it's IMPOSSIBLE that there is a bubble in bitcoins because none are being lent into existence.

If you are talking about a speculative mania, I propose to use the term "blowoff"

This is common terminology in technical analysis and is much more descriptive because it describes super-parabolic rise at the end of a rising trend.

If I'm way off base on this, please correct me Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: