Pages:
Author

Topic: Please sum up bitcoin in less than 200 words. !! ( for a small flyer ) - page 2. (Read 2010 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is a of yet a decentralized crypto currency that is created via the hashing power of specialized hardware.
The people who use the specialized hardware to create the bitcoins are called "miners" and they "mine" with their equipment.
The difficulty of mining bitcoins increases with each passing day and this leads to bitcoins becoming more scarce and more valuable.
Bitcoins can be used once mined or bought online as frictionless payment without the need of a third party provider such as paypal.
Despite bitcoins being technically cryptographic keys their worth as of now is in the $120 range and increasing by the day.
The value of bitcoins is stored as cryptographic public keys and is as of now within the $120 price range per bitcoin.

That last edit sounds better I think.

tip? Grin

Not bad but I was looking for a more layman intro. For the average no tech people. with more comparison between fiat and BTC.
More like this....

Fiat currency is money based upon nothing at all.
For the moment, the paper in your pocket will buy you food and furniture, but not because it has any real value. Our daily money is created by politically-favored groups who have been granted monopolies on the creation of currency. (They are referred to in polite company as central bankers.) They create our money, from nothing,

bitcoin is decentralized digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. unlike fiat nobody controls bitcoin, there is a limited amount of bitcoin, banksters can't just print bitcoin, etc etc...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Bitcoin is to money what email was to mail.

Bitcoin is programmable money.

Absorb this for more:
http://m.techcrunch.com/2013/09/10/disrupt-sf-13-bitcoin-panel/
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a of yet a decentralized crypto currency that is created via the hashing power of specialized hardware.
The people who use the specialized hardware to create the bitcoins are called "miners" and they "mine" with their equipment.
The difficulty of mining bitcoins increases with each passing day and this leads to bitcoins becoming more scarce and more valuable.
Bitcoins can be used once mined or bought online as frictionless payment without the need of a third party provider such as paypal.
Despite bitcoins being technically cryptographic keys their worth as of now is in the $120 range and increasing by the day.
The value of bitcoins is stored as cryptographic public keys and is as of now within the $120 price range per bitcoin.

That last edit sounds better I think.

tip? Grin
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Hi I am Looking for somebody to do a short intro to bitcoin, this will be put on the back of a small flyer that me and friends will distribute. I am looking for a kind of fiat vs bitcoin piece. explaining to people why we are are all in the finical mess the world finds itself in today.

I believe that many people just don't understand that the money in there pocket, is really not worth the paper its printed on. (so to speak Tongue)  so if that could be touched on?

We are very limited on space as it s a small flyer.

If anybody would like to contribute we would be very happy.  Grin

also may be able to give a small tip as well.  Tongue

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: