Pages:
Author

Topic: Pledging coins for ultimate blockchain compression - page 4. (Read 14744 times)

donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
I feel the same way too. So I pledge 10 btc also. Pruning blockchain is, i feel, essential.

Do we set up an btc address or something? How do we organize?

I don't think we need to organize. It's probably best that each person do the donation themselves directly to those that implement the necessary compression features. Otherwise there could be disagreement on how to distribute the pledges, for many reasons...

This thread is just to give incentive to solve the blockchain bloat problem. It's up to each individual to follow through on their personal pledges.
Activity: 868
I feel the same way too. So I pledge 10 btc also. Pruning blockchain is, i feel, essential.

Do we set up an btc address or something? How do we organize?
donator
Activity: 853
I really like the concept of ultimate blockchain compression.

I don't have the time nor the expertise to contribute code to implement etotheipi's idea, but I do have the coin. I hereby pledge 10 BTC to the person or persons that implement ultimate blockchain compression. With such a scheme in place, I would feel much more secure about Bitcoin's future.

If you feel the same way, then lets make this a pledge thread.

Addendum 8/21/2012: Ripper has been entrusted to manage a bounty wallet, so send coins here:

Great news!

1. Your donation was rescued from Booster.io, and now sits safely at this new bounty wallet I created: https://blockchain.info/address/16ofWVGwqDVjwhV95fDUrkyqT4Bcy1Nc6G

Pages:
Jump to: