Pages:
Author

Topic: PlusToken Ponzi Goes To Jail - page 5. (Read 581 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
July 30, 2020, 07:41:38 AM
It is not yet known whether the most important persons of this Scam have been arrested, but the fact that the scammers are systematically sent to prison makes me happy.
At least those affiliated with the project have been arrested. Maybe some more will be catch on the following days. Im just wondering how about the money they used or stolen from investors, is there a chance to get it feom them? Yes they are arrested but how about those 3billion  funds from 800k people, if nothing will be return then its still hurt like nothing happened.

There is no report that some money have been returned to the investors based on the article. They should have been jailed forever for their crime.
Activity: 491
Merit: 1259
Nil inultum remanebit
July 30, 2020, 07:41:14 AM
Chinese authorities have arrested all 27 major suspects of PlusToken Ponzi scheme

plus 82 "key members", i.e. the to total number arrested amounts 109 scammers who managed to fool  2 millions people. I would be interested to know their nationality. They were arrested by Chinese police, so one my assume  the most of them has some roots in the area.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 30, 2020, 06:59:52 AM
Chinese authorities have arrested all 27 major suspects of PlusToken Ponzi scheme

China's Ministry of Public Security has reportedly arrested all 27 major suspects of the PlusToken Ponzi scheme that defrauded nearly $3 billion from its victims.

Several Chinese news outlets reported the news on Thursday, saying that the ministry has also arrested 82 "key members" involved in the scheme.

In August 2019, Chinese police officials confirmed to The Block that six suspects affiliated with PlusToken had been arrested, but the main suspects were still on the run at the time.

PlusToken was launched in early 2018 and was already suspected to be a pyramid scheme as early as September 2018. In June 2019, the company triggered a wide-ranging panic among Chinese and Korean investors when some users reported that they could not withdraw funds from the wallets. However, the issues were then brushed off as a "hacker attack."

PlusToken managed to collect multi-billion dollars from about 800,000 investors. Over a period of time, hundreds of millions of dollars tied to PlusToken have been moved. Just last month, nearly 790,000 ETH, worth roughly $188 million at the time, were moved.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/73412/china-arrested-suspects-of-plustoken-ponzi-scheme

It is not yet known whether the most important persons of this Scam have been arrested, but the fact that the scammers are systematically sent to prison makes me happy.
Pages:
Jump to: