Pages:
Author

Topic: PM autoreply or please-use-email message to sending user - page 2. (Read 1598 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Wait a second, I'm the one making bots... Tongue He makes APIs.
Well, I'm not going to stop you Cheesy
Activity: 315
Merit: 255
Assuming you were willing to trust my application with your login (which you probably aren't) I could create you a PM bot, or other custom mailing logic if you flicked me a BTC.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-bitcoin-talk-forums-api-154131

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13027
You could disable receiving PMs.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Hello,

For a multitude of reasons I do not use the forum's PM system.  I try to tell people to email me (my email address is public in my profile) but it's not working… I often discover a big pile of PMs that are weeks old and people get all upset and angry at me.  I even tried putting it in my signature and people still send PMs.

Is there any way to have the forum autoreply to people who send me a PM?  I'd just have it tell them "email me" and include my email.

If not, is there any chance we could have the forum add a setting where if you enable it and somebody tries to PM you they are instead shown a message saying "don't PM this user, they prefer to be contacted via XYZ"?  I guess it doesn't have to block them from sending the PM, it just has to display that message prominently enought that they aren't going to miss it.

Thanks, this would really help.
Pages:
Jump to: