Pages:
Author

Topic: Poker - page 4. (Read 1172 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 253
September 18, 2017, 07:55:39 AM
I enjoy playing poker online, but I've had a hard time finding a place to play. many sites require you to download and install software. I don't necessarily mind doing that, but having a mac limits my options somewhat; it's far more convenient to play through a browser. that being said, nitrogensports.eu seemed like the perfect fit. I like the look and functionality of their poker client, which is all browser based. their hourly freerolls always attracted 50-70 entrants, with as many as 600 for special weekly events. nitro does well to respect players' anonymity, but that also provided for a great deal of collusion, which ultimately lead to the discontinuation of the hourly freerolls.

now that the hourly freerolls are gone, so are most of the players, which is arguably the most important aspect of a poker site. for the past few weeks, I've been playing at BTCkings.com, a relatively new poker site that exclusively deals in bitcoin. the only thing they lack is a solid player base. there are a handful of regulars who can be found playing there, as well as a few bots, but unless more people come, I can't imagine it will be around much longer.

I really hope more of you start playing there. it's a simple site that is easy to join and seems to be run by honest people. besides the small player base, I only have one little gripe, and it's purely superficial: the poker software, which is conveniently browser based, looks like a time capsule from 1997. I don't know why.. it just feels kind of dated. but I like that it's simple, and it seems to function just fine.. so if you can see past that, I'm sure you'll find it to be a fantastic option for online poker.

what's your experience playing online? and is there any place you can recommend?

thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: