Pages:
Author

Topic: "Police state?" off-topic question: (How does non-police state handle scammers) - page 2. (Read 4010 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
In a non-police state the best thing I suppose you could do would be to blacklist the scammer and warn other people about them like people do here, you just have to make sure it's justified, this is also how unions originally came about, I know neo-conservatives etc. love to bash unions but they're actually a great idea, it's just when people decide to use them for mob tactics that they become no better than the people they claim to fight against.

The only time you could or should ever use violence against a scammer is if they turn into a thief and try con you by force, then I guess that turns into extortion and blackmail, usually to avoid a scammer it just takes a no or some careful reading.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
So when Tom Williams refuses to submit himself to the private super happy funtime judicial "process" that is non-violent and doesn't force anyone to stop raping you? How does the non-police state handle it?

First off, Non-aggression is not nonviolence. Vim Vi Repellere Licet, and all that.

Secondly, if you refuse to abide by the judicial process, you're not protected by it, either. Vengeance is unfortunately likely if restitution is refused.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
A non-police state is like a non-feline cat.  There can never be such a thing.

Roger Ver once told me (at a dinner here in South Korea) that he believed police should be removed from the state and instead private security could be hired. Any thoughts on that?

My personal belief is that then the richest people would be in an uncheckable position of power.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
A non-police state is like a non-feline cat.  There can never be such a thing.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
How do you handle scammers in a non-police state? Just kill anyone you think is cheating for some reason? (That seems like it would end up with 1 person left standing eventually)
Pages:
Jump to: