Pages:
Author

Topic: Political campaign contribution rules, how’s your country handle them? - page 2. (Read 191 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
Its actually happening everywhere in this world, if its not completely transparent as US then the funding will be off the records and politicians owe the favour in return when they get to the power and you know when it happens in the non transparent way the corporate funds every one on the race so they can ensure their authority no matter who wins it so the solution is bringing the strict laws against such funding but don't really think it will be effective as long as corruption exist.

You’re absolutely right money will be given under the table but that would still be very limited. Politicians bank accounts, money their using for the campaigns etc are all traceable. These high level politicians get millions and millions in donations, that’s way to hard to give under the table.  Plus you could increase transparency requirements.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Its actually happening everywhere in this world, if its not completely transparent as US then the funding will be off the records and politicians owe the favour in return when they get to the power and you know when it happens in the non transparent way the corporate funds every one on the race so they can ensure their authority no matter who wins it so the solution is bringing the strict laws against such funding but don't really think it will be effective as long as corruption exist.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
United States government... what's that all about? I'm too busy earning a living and fighting with the wife and kids to go running after some science fiction story... like government.

I know some of my friends 'woke' up about it. But most of them are winding up with all kinds of family problems, and some of them even quit their jobs to get hired by that Soros guy. Then they go out and do bad stuff.

Me and the wife might have heated disagreements at times. But we don't want to go out and get a job with Soros and do bad things.

Besides, some of my other friends think we have the best government that money can buy!

Cool
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Without question one of the biggest issues with the United States government is allowing for big corporations to fund politician campaigns without any contribution limits. In doing so, they are buying the politicians so that when they get in office, the politicians will then be obligated to return the favor.

You just nailed it at the head, that's the simple definition of what is been transpared underneath, this political candidate you see have thier own caccus which they obey and answer their calls whenever needs be because they know all about how their emersion occur right from the beginning of their political career and this can only be stopped if we start voting for personality and not party, democracy government is like a clique of those in power rotating and recycling the leadership positions within their cycle.

There is no debate that this should be stopped

Fine and good everyone want the change but don't want to be a change agent, we all complain about bad governance yet we are the ones that still take bribes and voted them into office for another season, this can only be stopped when we realized that the people has more power than those elected in position if we are united with one voice for a change.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
Without question one of the biggest issues with the United States government is allowing for big corporations to fund politician campaigns without any contribution limits. In doing so, they are buying the politicians so that when they get in office, the politicians will then be obligated to return the favor.  This creates a political puppet. It’s 100% wrong, and what creates most of the corruption issues. Big corporations run this country, not politicians.

There is no debate that this should be stopped. Whether that means capping campaign contributions, or ending them all together for these big corporations.

Im curious to hear from those who live outside the US, how does your country handle this ?  Also curious if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, other than the ways I described.
Pages:
Jump to: