Pages:
Author

Topic: Politics, Economics, and Cryptocurrencies, who will lead the crypto market? - page 2. (Read 273 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Russia will not be the capital of the crypts, that's for sure. Among the politicians and in general representatives of the authorities of this country there were very contradictory views on the future of the crypto currency in this country and I saw in their statements more negative than its adoption. What is worth mentioning is the draft law on the criminalization of the use of crypto currency as a means of payment submitted to the State Duma of that country, that says it all. In my opinion, with the current authorities, the crypto currency for the people of Russia will be closed.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
You are wrong. Russia will not be the capital of cryptography. You correctly noted that now in Russia, democracy is being infringed and the laws on crypto-currencies that should be adopted in Russia this fall are unlikely to provide a broad opportunity for citizens to deal with crypto-currency. Most likely, many will be disappointed by them. The fact that a large percentage of ICO teams are Russian simply indicates that many of them are interested in crypto currency and are trying to make money on it. Personally, I tried to avoid joining the ICO projects as a member of the ICO generosity campaign, if the Russians dominated there. Too many of these teams turned out to be scammers.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
No country should  become the "capital" of crypto,because crypto will become more centralized (and dependent from a government) than ever.We all remember last year,when China was dominating the cryptocurrency mining and trading.Threads asking questions like "is China manipulating all crypto prices?" were all over the place.We don't want this to happen again.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
daoudhichem, your country prohibits cryptocurrency trading and mining because its not legal tender money. Its not a currency that was decreed by law to be the only one used by its citizens. If you were your country's president would you allow it to be used freely, costing of your own's country's financial system?

Russia has been slow to regulate it maybe because they know it would be a waste of time.

Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hello guys, thank you for your contributions. well, I am from North Africa, Crypto, Blockchain, mining, trading are all banned and prohibited, because they are afraid of transparency, but I think after few years they will allow the use of crypto again, because crypto is decentralized, and people enthusiasts in crypto will never wait for their governments to ban or allow, they will use crypto despite governments decisions.

Thanks again guys
Well, I do hope that your country will soon be part of this cryptocurrency industry and your government will realize the importance of cryptocurrency either in economical, local community and in business industries. We are here in this decentralized invironment so I think we can still be part even though there are restrictions as there are a lot of ways but that is so complicated if they implement a total ban on Bitcoin or crypto as a whole. But if they still hate crypto why suffer from restrictions if we are able to move to crypto friendly countries? Grin
Activity: 110
Merit: 2
Hello guys, thank you for your contributions. well, I am from North Africa, Crypto, Blockchain, mining, trading are all banned and prohibited, because they are afraid of transparency, but I think after few years they will allow the use of crypto again, because crypto is decentralized, and people enthusiasts in crypto will never wait for their governments to ban or allow, they will use crypto despite governments decisions.

Thanks again guys
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
Where are you from? Because currently blockchain technologies are getting popular and countries start to implement blockchain technologies and there are a lot of example of this.
If countries are against Bitcoin and crypto, it's logical. Now even Australia is going to ban encryption but being against blockchain technologies is saying no to good future/technologies.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
but which country (s) wil be the capital of crypto? I think it's Russia.

Grin The thing is dicey. The country that will become the capital of crypto won't really be determined by the country that has the highest usage. I see it being politically determined because cryptocurrency will become a very big business space and the world powers will most likely influence it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
I have a project to prepare a study which focus on the relation between lack of democracy, and prohibiting bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, but if I do such study, I will be faced by many problems, the first of these problems is that there is some countries that suffers from lack of democracy, but they are adopting crypto, like venezuela, and Russia. the reason behind that, I think, is that they are trying to avoid american and western sanctions, and secondly, they are trying to kill Dollar as the main currency in the World

there's some complexity to the issue. in venezuela, 2017 was a year where the government endlessly cracked down on miners. miners were imprisoned for various crimes like "the legitimacy of capital, illicit enrichment, computer crimes, financing of terrorism, exchange fraud and damage to the national electricity system." they even raided small household miners.

in russia, the position of the state regarding bitcoin seems to change all the time. a few years ago, the prosecutor-general said it was completely illegal since it was a "money substitute." there's been no official legislation, and like china, officials have waffled between positive and negative statements. we'll see what the law looks like when it's eventually passed.

i think the more authoritarian governments initially react with an iron fist. over time, they realize how little control they have, and perhaps that cryptocurrency offers real value---particularly those countries that suffer from USA sanctions, as you pointed out.
Activity: 110
Merit: 2
Hello guys;

It's my first contribution here. I am a PhD candidate in Political Science and International relations, I really like writing about the relation between Cryptocurrencies and politics.

in my country, cryptocurrency trading, and mining is prohibited. the reason why the government prohibited cryptocurrencies is because Blockchain technology is really transparent, and peer-to-peer, so if banks in my country and other countries where there is a lack of transparency, democracy, decide to adopt crypto, governments will do all their best to avoid adopting blockchain technology.

I have a project to prepare a study which focus on the relation between lack of democracy, and prohibiting bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, but if I do such study, I will be faced by many problems, the first of these problems is that there is some countries that suffers from lack of democracy, but they are adopting crypto, like venezuela, and Russia. the reason behind that, I think, is that they are trying to avoid american and western sanctions, and secondly, they are trying to kill Dollar as the main currency in the World, in the long term of course, because if Russia will be for example the capital of cryptocurrencies in the future, and Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency will replace USD, Russia will be the dominant power in the world, because it will simply control cryptocurrencies.

Thatswhy, when I do some translations, of ICO's especially, I have found that 70 to 80 % of projects and teams are from Russia, and I think that the Russian governement even if it appears that it's not supporting crypto, I think Russia is in fact the first supporter of cryptocurrencies in the world.

So, I believe that of course crypto will change the world, but which country (s) wil be the capital of crypto? I think it's Russia.

Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: