Pages:
Author

Topic: Polkadot or Binance Smart Chain? - page 3. (Read 1017 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
enterapp.io PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 26, 2021, 03:32:08 PM
There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.
Polkadot with the advantages of high scalability and low cost is a hits in the world of crypto networks.. Binance smart chain is very popular because it is a solution from Ethereum at that time with a very high gas cost.. But right now competition in the world of blockchain networks has become very interesting lately.
Activity: 743
Merit: 110
October 26, 2021, 02:53:36 PM
Cryptocurrency traders say that Polkadot is a blockchain network with speed and scalability.
The dominance among smart contract blockchains is well underway like binance smart chain, Etherscan etc.
Polkadot is one product that is thought to be part of the future of cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
October 26, 2021, 12:38:20 PM
I think polkadot has the potential to beat BSC, a lot of users are satisfied with Polkadot's performance, something that will piss devs off. immediately switch to the Polkadot platform, especially since BSC transaction fees continue to rise, so they have to look for a better and cheaper alternative, namely polkadot.
BSC is also becoming the new ethereum where to send minute amount of money you have to spend a lot of money in the transaction fees, I guess it is the same for every network where the price of the coin increases the transaction fees also increase due to more congested network and delays in money transfer. Polkadot being new and less known, new projects can shift to it or choose it which could benefit both, the developers and investors.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
October 26, 2021, 12:32:18 PM
Polkadot is a network that feels very fast and low cost, now more and more devs. who developed the polka-dot platform so that it will become a serious competitor to BSC in the future, I hope there is a big platform like Pancake swap so that it will make polkadot great.

but Polkadot is far behind Binance Smart Chain in terms of using. BSC attracts many users and developers but Polkadot ecosystem needs some programs for promoting its blockchain.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
October 26, 2021, 11:56:06 AM
I think polkadot has the potential to beat BSC, a lot of users are satisfied with Polkadot's performance, something that will piss devs off. immediately switch to the Polkadot platform, especially since BSC transaction fees continue to rise, so they have to look for a better and cheaper alternative, namely polkadot.
Activity: 742
October 26, 2021, 11:55:31 AM
Polkadot is a network that feels very fast and low cost, now more and more devs. who developed the polka-dot platform so that it will become a serious competitor to BSC in the future, I hope there is a big platform like Pancake swap so that it will make polkadot great.
I agree with your opinion. Currently, the Polkadot network and its ecosystem are highly appreciated, its development potential in the future is huge. With fast transaction execution, low transaction fees, I think more and more people will love Polkadot. Currently, BSC still has more advantages, but in the future, Polkadot will be a very strong competitor to BSC.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 282
October 26, 2021, 10:58:26 AM
until the time i hold the BSC coin. user friendly platform and one of the cheapest transaction fees compared to many others. I haven't tried Polkadot yet because it hasn't been fully launched yet. BSC has the opportunity to attract companies compared to Polkadot
in the bsc there is much more commission than in the dot, well, the speed of work, as for me, in the regiment is now much faster. But the fact is that the bsc have long been launched, the regiment is regarding their baby.
Activity: 1190
October 26, 2021, 10:42:26 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
October 26, 2021, 10:20:06 AM
polkadot seems to be getting serious about developing the network and challenging the BSC.  judging by the many statements that polkadot is currently the network with one of the best.  polka dot functionality is also very nice and relevant for transactions.  may be able to compete with BSC for low cost network in the future
Activity: 301
Merit: 16
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 26, 2021, 07:49:20 AM
until the time i hold the BSC coin. user friendly platform and one of the cheapest transaction fees compared to many others. I haven't tried Polkadot yet because it hasn't been fully launched yet. BSC has the opportunity to attract companies compared to Polkadot
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 26, 2021, 06:10:00 AM
There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.

Now the question is, which of the aforementioned platforms is better? AFAIK, Binance Smart Chain (powered by BNB) has a greater level of centralization than Polkadot itself. This should make the latter platform a much better choice for everyday people. Still, there's potential for BNB as it could attract businesses and companies in the mainstream world. Which will survive in the long run, is an excellent question. Thoughts? Huh
I am more than excited to see the final result of this powerful Paybswap DEX connecting Binance smart chain to Polkadot and Etehreum using bridge modules. BSC , Polkadot and Ethereum are the future of DeFI and Paybswap aims to connect them all in one place. That blows my mind off.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
ITSMYNE
October 25, 2021, 06:01:29 PM
IF I AM To choose between all these smart contract platform. i will go with solana. it is faster and cheaper and more more secured than binance smart chain and polkadot. Solana has what it takes to be identify as the ethereum killer. Binance smart chain is centralized and controlled by the owner. Polkadot on the other hand is complicating. So many projects having their own smart contract chain in the same blockchain. it makes no sense.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
October 25, 2021, 05:53:23 PM
I can't judge Polkadot as it hasn't launched completely yet. Parachains' auctions are only going to start in November, but I am sure that it will be a huge hype as there are many people who are interested in investing in it.

If comparing BSC and Polkadot, I think that Polkadot bypasses BSC in many respects. First of all, Polkadot is decentralised. Secondly, I suppose that Polkadot will be faster as it can run several transactions at the same time using several payment channels.
Activity: 48
Merit: 17
October 24, 2021, 04:38:20 PM
I don't agree that polcadot is better than ethereum.
The polcadot network can serve no more than 100 parachains; with their further increase, performance problems in the mainnet will begin.
Now there are more than 300 projects in the polcadot network, and they will have to compete for places.
These restrictions will prevent all projects from developing successfully.

Thanks for pointing that out. Increased network activity should be a real concern for Polkadot's performance in the long run. It could become as clogged as Ethereum if demand soars like crazy. That won't be a problem with Binance Smart Chain due to its utterly-centralized design. Most people don't care about decentralization these days, so they'll switch from DOT to BNB if the Polkadot's performance declines in the future. It's all a matter of searching for the next big thing in crypto.

I believe that smart contract platforms should focus on working together instead of competing against each other. Only then, crypto/Blockchain land will be a better place. Polkadot could complement Ethereum in times when the latter becomes extremely clogged. Binance Smart Chain could complement both Polkadot and Ethereum, serving as the ideal smart contract platform for businesses, and companies alike. There's nearly a blockchain for everything, each with their respective advantages/disadvantages from the other. Time will tell us each project's level of success depending on development progress, and mainstream adoption. Just my thoughts Grin

Totally agree, there will hardly be just one solution for all purposes and that's why both networks/projects will succeed in their niche. BUT compared to each other in the sense of CMC it'll probably be BSC who's gonna be bigger. Nonetheless I'll stick to DOT because of the save rewards which come with staking.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but let's reheat this topic: How's your opinion half a year later? How many promising projects have been initiated?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 23, 2021, 11:13:39 AM
The polcadot network can serve no more than 100 parachains; with their further increase, performance problems in the mainnet will begin.
Now there are more than 300 projects in the polcadot network, and they will have to compete for places.

Thanks for pointing that out. Increased network activity should be a real concern for Polkadot's performance in the long run. It could become as clogged as Ethereum if demand soars like crazy. That won't be a problem with Binance Smart Chain due to its utterly-centralized design. Most people don't care about decentralization these days, so they'll switch from DOT to BNB if the Polkadot's performance declines in the future. It's all a matter of searching for the next big thing in crypto.

I believe that smart contract platforms should focus on working together instead of competing against each other. Only then, crypto/Blockchain land will be a better place. Polkadot could complement Ethereum in times when the latter becomes extremely clogged. Binance Smart Chain could complement both Polkadot and Ethereum, serving as the ideal smart contract platform for businesses, and companies alike. There's nearly a blockchain for everything, each with their respective advantages/disadvantages from the other. Time will tell us each project's level of success depending on development progress, and mainstream adoption. Just my thoughts Grin
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
February 19, 2021, 05:07:16 PM

Now the question is, which of the aforementioned platforms is better? AFAIK, Binance Smart Chain (powered by BNB) has a greater level of centralization than Polkadot itself. This should make the latter platform a much better choice for everyday people. Still, there's potential for BNB as it could attract businesses and companies in the mainstream world. Which will survive in the long run, is an excellent question. Thoughts? Huh
for now I see that binance smart chain is the best project and better than Polkadot, because all projects that use the platform from binance smart chain are sure to be successful, besides that the transaction fees from binance smart chain are also very cheap, so I'm sure if binance smart chain will be used by many new projects in the future and of course that will make binance smart chain even more popular.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 4532
February 19, 2021, 04:07:19 PM
Bnb showed impressive growth! Many defi projects are now choosing their blockchain for their product and users like it, because the commissions are much lower.
Now we should also pay attention to Huobi Eco Chain.

The current surge has made Binance Coin (BNB) the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, surpassing Polkadot (DOT) by a large margin. Yet, market cap doesn't necessarily indicate how well the project is doing in terms of mainstream adoption. For what I know, Binance Smart Chain is utterly centralized whereas Polkadot is the exact opposite of it. Binance's own smart contract platform shouldn't make use of the term "De-Fi" since the company controls most of the network's nodes. People don't care about decentralization when it comes to making money in the least time possible. They will see the consequences of centralization when Binance starts to do as it desires with its own Blockchain network.

I see Polkadot as a better version of Ethereum that doesn't sacrifice decentralization for convenience/ease of use. It could last a lifetime due to its decentralized and censorship-resistant design. Binance Smart Chain could go down the drain if Binance ceases its operations in the future. Anything could happen from governments destroying Binance, to a major hack, etc. Only truly decentralized blockchain networks like Polkadot and Ethereum will be able to stand the test of time. The sudden rise of BNB could only be temporary as a result of the existing "De-Fi" hype/craze. Gas fees are soaring on ETH like crazy, leading many traders to search for other options. It's no wonder why alternative smart contract platforms like Binance Smart Chain and Polkadot are getting traction these days. Whenever both will co-exist in the future, it's yet to be seen. At least, there's strong competition in the crypto/Blockchain space giving people the option to choose from one platform to another. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
February 19, 2021, 02:40:48 PM
Polkadot is more decentralised than Binance chain but Binance has a big ecosystem to bootstrap it own community and is doing it now. I have said it that Binance Chain pose the greatest threat to Ethereum and it seems Ethereum people open the door for Binance to take over from them, people are shouting Centralisation, Is Ethereum 100% decentralised, most of these people do not look at the mirror and remove the beam from their eyes, how can you expect people to continue to pay $50 per transaction and you think that is sustainable and when people talk they will tell you shut up Ethereum 2.0 is on the way, but no deadline when this is coming. Polkadot is mo
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 19, 2021, 01:21:33 PM
Bnb showed impressive growth! Many defi projects are now choosing their blockchain for their product and users like it, because the commissions are much lower.

The current surge has made Binance Coin (BNB) the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, surpassing Polkadot (DOT) by a large margin. Yet, market cap doesn't necessarily indicate how well the project is doing in terms of mainstream adoption. For what I know, Binance Smart Chain is utterly centralized whereas Polkadot is the exact opposite of it. Binance's own smart contract platform shouldn't make use of the term "De-Fi" since the company controls most of the network's nodes. People don't care about decentralization when it comes to making money in the least time possible. They will see the consequences of centralization when Binance starts to do as it desires with its own Blockchain network.

I see Polkadot as a better version of Ethereum that doesn't sacrifice decentralization for convenience/ease of use. It could last a lifetime due to its decentralized and censorship-resistant design. Binance Smart Chain could go down the drain if Binance ceases its operations in the future. Anything could happen from governments destroying Binance, to a major hack, etc. Only truly decentralized blockchain networks like Polkadot and Ethereum will be able to stand the test of time. The sudden rise of BNB could only be temporary as a result of the existing "De-Fi" hype/craze. Gas fees are soaring on ETH like crazy, leading many traders to search for other options. It's no wonder why alternative smart contract platforms like Binance Smart Chain and Polkadot are getting traction these days. Whenever both will co-exist in the future, it's yet to be seen. At least, there's strong competition in the crypto/Blockchain space giving people the option to choose from one platform to another. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1064
Merit: 300
February 13, 2021, 06:36:15 AM
Pages:
Jump to: