Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Bitbond (amazingrando) - page 2. (Read 5739 times)

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
February 03, 2013, 06:33:37 PM
This is the guy you are searching for: https://twitter.com/amazingrando Randy Oest aka Amazing Rando aka amazingrando

Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.
February 03, 2013, 03:39:02 PM
I've also noticed that on GLBSE amazingrando was verified issuer - had a lot of onformation confirmed by exchange, like address, id, etc. But on the CryptoStocks he don't hurry to submit info for verification. It kinda red flag for me. Seems we all was f*d up.

Anyone here have screenshots with BITBOND prices near the GLBSE collapse? Or maybe issuer's info?
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
February 03, 2013, 09:11:59 AM
I found this on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/29

He just waiting for 06 dec 2013, so that all bonds expire & he don't have to pay any one anything.

It seems mods encouraging amazingrando to scam, by not giving scammer tag.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
January 31, 2013, 12:19:46 PM
Yeah. The BTC-sphere is like in the meatspace: you may be punished just for pennies, but if you scam really big time you become Too Big To Jail. Learn the lesson and don't trust anyone ever more, especially the big fat fishes with super-hero rep.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2013, 11:25:02 AM
bump.

message sent to bitbond demanding either dividends paid now or refund of 47.5 BTC (purchase price of my bonds)

how is this not marked yet? if i default on a 1 btc loan i would be marked within hours.

if i setup a bond. raised tens of thousands and disappeared nothing would happen

will start my own thread and start bumping this thread hourly if i am not paid within 24 hours

Activity: 297
January 25, 2013, 02:46:51 AM
it seems like it's so easy for people to get away with scams.  These aren't trivial amounts either that we're talking about.
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
January 22, 2013, 09:10:39 AM
When was the last time someone actually got a scammer tag?

I don't know but I do remember that bulanula got a scammer tag because he kept 20 BTC that somebody sent him in error. Do we really need to follow in the footsteps of the prevailing legal system were the little fish get fried and the big ones get bailed out? Who's in charge here anyway?

theymos
Activity: 470
January 22, 2013, 08:47:07 AM

I don't know but I do remember that bulanula got a scammer tag because he kept 20 BTC that somebody sent him in error. Do we really need to follow in the footsteps of the prevailing legal system were the little fish get fried and the big ones get bailed out? Who's in charge here anyway?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 21, 2013, 01:21:08 PM
I want to see how will he'll justify not talking for half a month+. "I was in the hospital."?

Sure, why not?

Or otherwise the perennial "I've been very busy" + "personal matters".
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 21, 2013, 12:36:33 PM
Activity: 640
Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...
January 21, 2013, 10:30:54 AM
So we'll just wait till ASICs ship?

or use the mined income from the ASICs to pay off his debts and claim he did nothing wrong
I want to see how will he'll justify not talking for half a month+. "I was in the hospital."?

In any case I don't think that hiding is a good idea. He could just show up and promise to pay his forced "loan" with a higher interest than what anyone would get if he/she had invested the dividents in an average ASIC mining company. I suppose most people would accept the offer if he also admitted that he messed things up.
January 20, 2013, 03:15:53 PM
If this was a bet then I'd marginally be inclined to bet on the side that he'll just do a runner - especially if noone has any contact information allowing pressure to be put on him by contacting his friends/family/work-mates.

Nefario knows his identity but he probably won't help us. BFL might be able to identify him as well but I don't expect them to help us either.
January 20, 2013, 12:13:52 PM
Do you people think he just took off? OR did he honestly mess things up and now for some reason doesn't even answer?

I mean why would he move the shares to cryptostocks first? He could just take off before doing that...

I think he expected BFL to ship him his ASICs before anybody noticed what he was up to and then he would have sold us an upgrade to ASICs. What he'll do now I don't know.

Yep this.  He was borrowing (actually stealing with the intent to replace it later) investors' dividend payments to upgrade to ASICs and hoping noone would notice.  But the delays from BFL made that impossible.  Now he's in hiding and will probably stay in hiding until he gets the ASICs.  Then he'll either do a runner or use the mined income from the ASICs to pay off his debts and claim he did nothing wrong (plus offer upgrades to the.ASICs he bought with the stolen funds).

If this was a bet then I'd marginally be inclined to bet on the side that he'll just do a runner - especially if noone has any contact information allowing pressure to be put on him by contacting his friends/family/work-mates.
January 20, 2013, 11:35:01 AM
Do you people think he just took off? OR did he honestly mess things up and now for some reason doesn't even answer?

I mean why would he move the shares to cryptostocks first? He could just take off before doing that...

I think he expected BFL to ship him his ASICs before anybody noticed what he was up to and then he would have sold us an upgrade to ASICs. What he'll do now I don't know.
January 20, 2013, 11:29:50 AM

Activity: 745
Merit: 501
January 20, 2013, 02:01:31 AM
I have doubts this is the same amazingrando... as in it's very unlikely. There's tons of results for amazingrando leading to different people/references.
vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2013, 01:51:39 AM
Does anyone know him personally? Or, in case he actually runs with the money, a scammer tag is the only thing he'll be getting?

EDIT: By personally I mean if anyone's got a name. And of course I don't ask for anyone to post anything here...
Maybe a google search will help.

amazingrando

Ok so he published his name and telephone number on the web. Now what?
January 19, 2013, 10:23:18 PM
Does anyone know him personally? Or, in case he actually runs with the money, a scammer tag is the only thing he'll be getting?

EDIT: By personally I mean if anyone's got a name. And of course I don't ask for anyone to post anything here...
Maybe a google search will help.

amazingrando
January 18, 2013, 05:33:03 PM
Both sold 200 000 mhash

Gigamining 40000 five mhash bonds x 1 BTC = 40000 BTC (0.2 BTC per mhash)

Bitbond 100000 two mhash bonds x 0.6 BTC = 60000 BTC (0.3 BTC per mhash)

Would make sense. Not sure he sold everything at 0.6 BTC tho.

I think his large investors got a better deal. But the little guys who bought at GLBSE paid 0.6 BTC and are now getting ripped off. He doesn't seem to like the little guys!
January 18, 2013, 05:28:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: