Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Do you support Piracy ? - page 2. (Read 948 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Americans do it better
February 15, 2017, 08:10:27 AM
Well it really depends on what you're pirating.  I would separate it into two main groups:

Business:
These groups are not reliant on every person buying their product as they produce something as high quality as it needs to be and already receive a profit.  I believe that in this case, piracy is morally acceptable, but if everyone pirated the product it would not be produced unless it was in public ownership, so my belief in this case is that you should buy it if you can afford it comfortably but it is acceptable to pirate.

Independent:
This consists of artists and others who are not given the stability of being in a major organisation such as a large record label for example.  In this case, piracy is wrong as it undermines people who are directly reliant on your money.  This especially applies if this person earns less than you.

I do think that it should be illegal (in a capitalist society), for normal operation as this distinction cannot be made in an objective manner by the Government so there needs to be a blanket ban.  That said, I do appreciate that the punishment for it and the chances of actually getting caught are pretty low.

I am a free software supporter. This does not mean I support piracy. In USA if you try to download something through Torrent chances of you getting caught are high even when you are using a VPN there have been cases of people arrested. I think Piracy is being supported in third world countries where no one gives a shit what is going on online.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
February 15, 2017, 07:11:10 AM
Well it really depends on what you're pirating.  I would separate it into two main groups:

Business:
These groups are not reliant on every person buying their product as they produce something as high quality as it needs to be and already receive a profit.  I believe that in this case, piracy is morally acceptable, but if everyone pirated the product it would not be produced unless it was in public ownership, so my belief in this case is that you should buy it if you can afford it comfortably but it is acceptable to pirate.

Independent:
This consists of artists and others who are not given the stability of being in a major organisation such as a large record label for example.  In this case, piracy is wrong as it undermines people who are directly reliant on your money.  This especially applies if this person earns less than you.

I do think that it should be illegal (in a capitalist society), for normal operation as this distinction cannot be made in an objective manner by the Government so there needs to be a blanket ban.  That said, I do appreciate that the punishment for it and the chances of actually getting caught are pretty low.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 15, 2017, 07:08:04 AM
Yeah i support piracy because not all the people are rich and canbuy what they want
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
February 15, 2017, 03:00:38 AM
Do you support Piracy ? AKA: File Sharing on the internet.
I am curious about the user base here and their stance on it.
Feel free to vote or post your opinion (account farmers welcome too as long as they are being honest)

I am guessing there should be greater than 50% support for File Sharing in crypto.

YES i do support P2P i am a proud Canadian "pirate"  Grin

Check out my awesome comments on this link.. https://torrentfreak.com/canada-remains-a-safe-haven-for-online-piracy-rightsholders-claim-170214/
Pages:
Jump to: