Pages:
Author

Topic: (Poll) DOGECoin: Helping or hurting cryptocurrency? - page 2. (Read 3319 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Dogecoin started out as a joke, afaik, and probably still is.
But the funny thing is, it would absolutly make sense that fiat started out the same way:
Some economist making a joke about money and some politicians, whose job has more or less always been to exploit the stupidity of people, implemented the system of fiat. The rest is history.
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's
Its really not necesairy to create other crypto's beside LTC in my opinion.
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
Dogecoin = crap.

Give me some crap please... I mean dogecoin
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Dogecoin = crap.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
The pie's getting bigger, and there's a new piece. Learn and be inspired. Wow.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Anything that popularises crypto should be welcomed.  There was a post on reddit the other day from a woman who had asked her bank, apparently seriously, about how she could buy some Dogecoins.

Lolcats has remained fairly popular over the years and delivered strong advertising revenue in the region of $4 million annually.  in a recent round of funding Cheezburger secured an extra $30 million, so Dogecoin's current cap is not without merit and I would argue is probably still undervalued.  I appreciate that a coin and a company are slightly different, but it proves that a business based on a meme can be successful.
Activity: 322
Memes come and go.
Soon all your base will belong to KittehCoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
Well, cryptocoins are a best-of-breed. Different factors will decide, which cryptocurrency will survive, for example:

- mechanism (block duration, reward, special features)
- infrastructure (mining pools, exchanges, brainwallets, acceptances)
- community that brings the currency forward, like improving popularity and image, which has been done (jamaican bob team action)
- style of coin, mainly backed up by community

DogeCoin has an exceptional powerful meme standing behind it and also a lot of enthusiasts that back it up. If this hurts cryptocurrencies in genery: no, but it most certainly does hurt other cryptocurrencies. But, as we are in a best of breed environment, this is how things go.
Agreed, community is what really stands up here. The more people are willing to adopt pretty much any kind of cryptocurrency the more it will cost.
... and you simply can't avoid mining something that called DOGE_freaking_coin, lol Cheesy
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Well, cryptocoins are a best-of-breed. Different factors will decide, which cryptocurrency will survive, for example:

- mechanism (block duration, reward, special features)
- infrastructure (mining pools, exchanges, brainwallets, acceptances)
- community that brings the currency forward, like improving popularity and image, which has been done (jamaican bob team action)
- style of coin, mainly backed up by community

DogeCoin has an exceptional powerful meme standing behind it and also a lot of enthusiasts that back it up. If this hurts cryptocurrencies in genery: no, but it most certainly does hurt other cryptocurrencies. But, as we are in a best of breed environment, this is how things go.
Activity: 509
Disrupt the banking system!
Surprised nobody brought this up yet, so I'll start things off.

If you haven't heard by now, DOGECoin has been one of the most profitable coins to mine, if you own GPU-based miners. The return is crazy high. A person with dual HD5830's can get almost $300 USD a month.

Problem is, the market caps of other coins are shrinking. Not by a little either.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: