Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL EXPIRED] When will the price of Bitcoin exceed $31.90? (2011 high) - page 2. (Read 4535 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 106
XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.
Methinks we may see $31.90 sooner than most people realize...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
just a hunch: If the price goes to 31 any time in the next two years, it will be thanks to those trying to get rich quick.

Or the dollar turning into a steaming shit-pile.

Naw the dollar will be propped up as the last fiat standing, BTC will surge from European HNWI running for cover this fall...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48369714
The crisis in the euro zone has been thrown into higher gear by a surge in borrowing costs for Spain and by an acknowledgement by Brussels officials that Greece is too far off its targets to be saved by its second bailout package, agreed just five months ago.

[urlhttp://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/35a28e78-c5c8-11e1-a5d5-00144feabdc0.html#axzz21wFjwnKd[/url]
Yes part of it is NOT a tax on income but on WEALTH. 
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
just a hunch: If the price goes to 31 any time in the next two years, it will be thanks to those trying to get rich quick.

Or the dollar turning into a steaming shit-pile.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Or perhaps the rich just wanting to waste money by buying at high prices?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
If you factor in a modest gain each month of $1.00, it would take ~23 months to get there which puts in firmly in the 2015 slot. Of course, if there are other upward moves that are sustained, it could shorten the process. Consider it a more conservative projection.
I don't think the gains will be $1 each month...  With bitcoin it has huge upswings and downswings...  We did see a slow and steady climb from $2 to $10, so it could very well go on that path... But with traders like pirate@40 and potential other larger players, there is really no telling what will happen.

Pirate or not, big players or not, the market is still growing up and the minimum value of bitcoin is still growing up too.
legendary
I don't think the gains will be $1 each month...  With bitcoin it has huge upswings and downswings...  We did see a slow and steady climb from $2 to $10, so it could very well go on that path... But with traders like pirate@40 and potential other larger players, there is really no telling what will happen.

I don't disagree, at all - just putting out a projection based on a rather modest increase. It could vary quite widely from that. That is what makes it interesting, to me anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
If you factor in a modest gain each month of $1.00, it would take ~23 months to get there which puts in firmly in the 2015 slot. Of course, if there are other upward moves that are sustained, it could shorten the process. Consider it a more conservative projection.
legendary
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
We could see this in August, then massive profit taking triggering a 3-5 low before settling into a new base price of 7.5 in September.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
Summer seems to be the peak for prices.  I vote next summer.
I originally made this thread when we were in more of a full-fledged breakout mode, but now momentum has slowed, and we seem to be consolidating in the $7-10 range.  I also think some people's opinions have likely changed for various reasons.  I will probably repost this poll at a later time due to changes in market sentiment.  Of course, please feel free to add your opinion and vote if you haven't already though Smiley
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
October seems about right: after the bitcoin conference in London and with the mining reward reduction immanent.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
I am interested in everyone's opinions on when/if the price of Bitcoin will exceed $31.90 (the June 2011 high).
Pages:
Jump to: