Pages:
Author

Topic: [Poll] Has the $3 Floor Been Solidified? - page 2. (Read 3194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
December 01, 2011, 02:25:03 AM
I just don't see us ever hitting the double digits in the near term; it will be a slow climb to that point. Right now there are a lot of people with coins from mining that are only selling what they need to cover their power costs, which means around $2 per BTC is break-even. If the price hits $5, they're going to think, "better to sell now and make a healthy profit than to hold longer and end up back at $2." It will take something really big to overcome that IMO. But hey, what do I know? I know mine about 2BTC per day, so maybe the big miners are doing far better and are more bullish in their outlook?

To that comes there are still plenty of early adopters out there which still haven't sold out. And considering the smackdown from 3 was most likely cause by someone like that it will be very tempting for anybody else with a huge wallet. Now it could be that this someone had a special agenda, but who knows..

So in order for that not to happen we would need a massive media frenzy right about now....
The bad thing about this is: If that massive buywall is pulled out we would could drop again very quickly.
It really bugs me that there are a few people out there with that much control over the price.

Pretty much defies the purpose of a decentralized currency, well actually not that but the tendency for it not to change...
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
December 01, 2011, 02:24:32 AM
The test that matters is over the weekend -- when no wires or other bank-related funding occurs.  Bitcoin has a pattern known as the "weekend dip", though with the rally being fresh it is too soon yet before I would consider putting much on the line for a weekend dip trade (i.e., sell on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning and then buy back if the price starts moving up later in the weekend.)
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
December 01, 2011, 02:16:46 AM
I just don't see us ever hitting the double digits in the near term; it will be a slow climb to that point. Right now there are a lot of people with coins from mining that are only selling what they need to cover their power costs, which means around $2 per BTC is break-even. If the price hits $5, they're going to think, "better to sell now and make a healthy profit than to hold longer and end up back at $2." It will take something really big to overcome that IMO. But hey, what do I know? I know mine about 2BTC per day, so maybe the big miners are doing far better and are more bullish in their outlook?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
December 01, 2011, 02:08:44 AM
Still too many "large players" that can dump & run at any moment.  I'm gonna wait until they dump before I buy again, b/c hopefully we'll get one more chance to buy in at 2.5 or 2, or below.

However, if things shoot up to $5, $10, I'll not be dissappointed.
Activity: 560
December 01, 2011, 01:29:39 AM
Poll Added
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
December 01, 2011, 01:00:07 AM
If we close somewhat above  it this time I would think so.

In a scenario where we shoot up further and close on 3 this would actually indicate the temporary end of the rally. (Gravestone Doji, Bearish reversal) But any other scenario including stagnation a slight fall or rise would confirm the "3 soldiers" pattern. (Strong bullish continuation)

If we close above 3.2 ... rally time. But its too early to talk about long time reversal.
Activity: 560
December 01, 2011, 12:55:27 AM
I notce that the last little while we have yet to go below $3 and there seems to be quite a few coins keeping it there.

I can't help but think that the $3 floor I mentioned earlier has been solidified.

Yeah yeah I know proudhon and Jonathan Ryan Owens, you think we are headed to $1 BTC in an hour  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: