Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] How often do you show/hide persons on your ignore list? - page 2. (Read 1460 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
My hypothesis is that the ignore button is largely used to give people justification for not responding to others, but users still often show posts of the people they ignore, just because they are curious what that person is saying.

I started ignoring some users recently, but than I realised - fuck it, I can handle any shit anyone throw at me, bring it on! Grin

I don't really think it's a question of you being or not being able to "handle it", but more a question of why do you need to bother with sociopaths vomiting garbage around here?

The ignore button is not a psychological defense -- it is a time saver.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As I've stated elsewhere, I mostly use the ignore button as a visible "I am disappoint," a way of voting down users whose posts are offensive. As a bonus, I don't have to see their logorrhea unless I want to.

Seconded.  I never read idiots who I've ignored, unless their idiocy spills into other people's comment quotes.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
As I've stated elsewhere, I mostly use the ignore button as a visible "I am disappoint," a way of voting down users whose posts are offensive. As a bonus, I don't have to see their logorrhea unless I want to.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I've never ignored anybody. I do have a theory that some people may put others on ignore with their sockpuppets that have a 100+ post count just to... Not sure why, but it's probably different for different people.

~Bruno K~
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
My hypothesis is that the ignore button is largely used to give people justification for not responding to others, but users still often show posts of the people they ignore, just because they are curious what that person is saying.
Pages:
Jump to: