Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll: Most Americans back ground troops in ISIS fight - page 2. (Read 1661 times)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Just as long as they aren't my boots, I'm down with it

...    islamaphobia:ISIS::pope:abortion ?  *ed: well, ok, that's a horrible comparison.  definitely wouldnt qualify for SAT question

i agree,  there is not much difference

a bit dim to complain about islamaphobia  in a topic about ISIS
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Wether or not it is right or wrong to deploy ground troops in the eyes of the American people I think there is a growing form of islamaphobia around the world. I can see it happening in my own country and it is pretty sad.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Again, the discussion on waging the global war against terrorism is centered on ISIS when Boko Haram just attacked their newest conquest: Chad.  Boko Haram is doing awful things too and needs to be stopped just as bad as ISIS.

Is Boko Haram in control of any oil fields?

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Again, the discussion on waging the global war against terrorism is centered on ISIS when Boko Haram just attacked their newest conquest: Chad.  Boko Haram is doing awful things too and needs to be stopped just as bad as ISIS.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Two-thirds of Americans want the U.S. to put some boots on the ground to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and a majority wants Congress to authorize President Obama’s plan for military action, according to a new NBC News/Maris poll released Friday.

A majority of Americans polled, 54 percent, said their member of Congress should vote to authorize U.S. military action against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), while 32 percent are opposed to it.

Positions on ground troops break down to 40 percent who support a “limited number” of troops on the ground, mostly in line with the president’s authorization. Twenty-six percent want the military to deploy a “large number of U.S. ground forces.”

The authorization request, released Tuesday, allows the president to fight ISIS for three years without geographic limitation but prohibits “enduring offensive ground combat operations.” Congressional resistance to the plan continues to grow on both sides of the aisle and many lawmakers have said they are unsure it will pass as is.

There’s a stark partisan split over the ground troop debate. Thirty-eight percent of Republicans support deploying a “large amount” of boots on the ground, while just 16 percent of Democrats back that strategy. That largely mirrors the debate in Congress: Republicans have panned the strategy for being too restrictive, while Democrats are worried the vague language could give the president too much power.

The American public also shows a partisan split over their confidence in Obama’s plan. In general, the public is about equally split — 48 percent of those polled don’t have much faith in the plan, while 45 percent do. But underneath the surface, that equilibrium comes from 82 percent of Republicans having minimal faith in Obama’s plan, compared to 71 percent of Democrats who trust the president.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/232759-poll-americans-want-congress-to-pass-aumf

The media has outdone themselves yet again in pounding the war drums. Not sure where the money is going to come from, tho.
Pages:
Jump to: