Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll - Should Proof of Stake be implemented in Litecoin? - page 5. (Read 4707 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1000
If PoS is such a good thing, why you still not get convinced Bitcoin community
 to implement it in Bitcoin ?!

Why stalk it to Litecoiners ?  Grin Huh
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
How about proof of noble birth? Nobles will have a stake in preserving the nobility of the behavior of those designated noble, right?

I wonder if economists ever talk to historians at all?

-MarkM-

Jokes aside, I think Proof of Stake is an interesting concept, and has merit (combined with PoW).
If you wish to debate these points, you can do it on the main PoS thread.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
How about proof of noble birth? Nobles will have a stake in preserving the nobility of the behavior of those designated noble, right?

I wonder if economists ever talk to historians at all?

-MarkM-
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
No, never. such a system will grow to serve its own interests (NOT the interests of the network)

people need to keep in mind "proof of stake" might sound like a very fancy name, but please research what you are voting for first.

and you have refused to address the issue of ddos and the fact you are introducing central points of failure into the network (places for governments to put pressure, botherders to ddos, and just generally bad things arising from centralization)
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
http://litecoinforums.org/index.php?/topic/18-proof-of-stake-is-a-scam/#

this is relevant to my interests
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
Proof of Stake is a proposed modification/addition to Proof of Work. Its main motivation is prevention of monopolistic 51% attacks that might naturally arise when transaction fees are lowered, due to miners' incentive structure.

Litecoin thus far has not been extremely innovative (no offense), but is still IMHO filling the intended role of "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold". If PoS were implemented in the main Litecoin chain, this might elevate the status of Litecoin as a beta group for new candidate ideas, before they are introduced or even seriously considered in the main Bitcion chain.

In your opinion, should Proof of Stake be implemented in the official Litecoin blockchain?

See also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96255.0;all

Edit - if you support the idea, you might want to contribute to a bounty.
Pages:
Jump to: